Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994661 times)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1980 on: March 03, 2011, 02:44:11 pm »

Illithids are fucking awesome.

I think I'm playing as a void master right now?  Zero-dimension blast or whatever it is is hilariously fun.

Bang! Oh, I'm sorry, did you just fall over a cliff in a slurry of blood and vomit due to knock-back and wounds from my arm-sword-thing?
I now have your leg in my tentacle. You are poisoned. I will proceed to shake you around and slam you into things until you die.
Goodnight.

Seriously, if the world took better account of expansionist empires the Illithids would probably obliterate everything not long after hunger has killed off the kobolds.

Also: Attacked by boogeymen in a town. I couldn't see the houses, but apparently the occupants could see me. A half a dozen random villagers came to my aid off screen and attacked the boogeymen as I frantically searched for a roof. I eventually found one, but that was pretty cool.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 04, 2011, 05:52:49 am »

Just discover how to keep items in a player fort from scattering with out heavy items.

using Tweak I was messing around building tunnels with tile editor so I could build a little easy passage to and from my adventurer while tweak carving a lair southern part to an abandon fort I thought hey lets copy the entire tile info from inside the lair with the tile I Tweaked place a statue there then Travel out to see if it stays there. So after 2 tests I figure that Engrave/smooth tile will give the tile the call out lairs name than calling out the areas name, which was one of my Griefs about Tweaking. second was that which is dire for those who just want to store stuff in a hamlet or abandon fortress is that Blood14 causes all items to not scatter. this means No need for lairs and someone could just coat a hamlet house with a bottle of Blood14 and dump every thing they have and own there.

So I wonder what should I do now? coat the "adventure entrance" with Blood14 and order the dwarfs to dump their stuff there?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: March 04, 2011, 04:02:42 pm »

This guy has to be my best adventurer yet.

I broke form from rolling axe- or swordsdwarves, and tried a hammerdwarf. Along the way I scavenged a silver warhammer from a dead companion, along with a short sword for finishing moves. Also was lucky enough to find a -steel cap- while plundering a lair. I've gotten up to legendary hero status, which is nothing new. I've been rendered unable to walk twice, but thanks to high recuperation (and a little modding to make nerves heal slowly) I'm still on my feet.

What is new is this is the first adventurer I've had that could wipe a night's worth of bogeymen. Part of that due to the fact that this is the first time I've accidentally lost all my companions while travelling. (I think I Travelled before they regained consciousness.) I was in the middle of the wilderness, three days' travel away from civilization. Killed the cyclops I went up there to dispatch, and actually managed to make it back to a friendly fortress to report the kill.

I know this is run of the mill for some of you vets, but watching all that bogeyman blood wipe off on the snow as I entered the fort... I grinned shamelessly. c:
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1983 on: March 04, 2011, 06:23:15 pm »

Wiping a pack of bogeys is a moment of triumph for anybody. Especially when you know how much pain they've caused. :P
Also, i just had a number of humorous things happen to me:

1. Completely obliterated the limbs of a hapless human wrestler (bones and joints, but not the fingers), and bruised several internal organs with kicks to the body. She survived the whole ordeal, including TWO STRIKES OF A TWO-HANDED SWORD TO THE HEAD WHILE UNCONSCIOUS. Third one killed her, but talk about remarkable resilience.

2. I threw a copper coin at a wolf, and uhh...

What? I must draw this soon.

3. Chased some groundhogs around and threw them, resulting in a couple of total body disruptions. :'D (oh man i am looking forward to when throwing becomes aimable)

4. Apparently gotten immune to bogeys due to sheer legendary badassery. I have yet to test this fully though, but peasants say something along the lines of "Only a hero like you could travel at night. The bogeymen would get me." and i haven't been attacked by bogeys since.

Nothing unusual. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 07, 2011, 05:10:09 am »

Fought off several night's worth of boogeymen. I decided to explore a landmass with a group of companions, lost them all and decided to get back but didn't realize how far out I'd gone. 3 straight nights later, here comes this dwarf, covered in Bogey blood from head to foot, limping into the fortress. dozen's fell to my blade, lost all my axes (i like me some throwing axes xD) and almost my life the last night...I was so frantic it was crazy...run run run *stab* run run *cut, slice, stab stab* *hurl axe, thud* dodge *throw axe, thud* *shield slam, stab* etc etc...that adventurer recently was decapitated by a Nord...I was hit 3 times in the legs and once in my shield arm by arrows.

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 07, 2011, 11:16:39 am »

I'm trying Genesis. The "aarghhnonononoBLARGH!"s have started, and I'm just getting going...
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1986 on: March 07, 2011, 12:12:01 pm »

Found kobolb cave and slaughtered the residents with my followers. The cave went way down to the natural underground caverns. Now im looking for some GCS or FB to test my character...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 08, 2011, 02:21:07 am »

This. Is. EPIC.

I happened to kill a minotaur that appeared to be an ancient pain in the ass of the whole world that I play, and now EVERY living soul is respecting me like a damn Heracles, from lords down to dirty rotten scumbags. So I amuse myself wandering the wildest and most corrupted lands, filled with small band camps and drowned in a feud, recruiting everyone, everywhere. And when my promiscuous party gets ambushed, I just make friends with attackers and watch the show. Hell, I even put my pike away. THEY JUST GENOCIDE EACH OTHER.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:27:38 am by Necalli »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 09, 2011, 09:29:53 am »

Well, there was a Goblin Overlord who killed a whole bunch of my Adventurers, who i sent after him one after the other. He was insanely mighty.
Anyway, i got a bit sick of it. So i made an all-wrestling character with some stuff in Pikeman, and managed to recruit a Peasant.
We travelled to the camp, and by sheer coincidence managed to sneak up on him. We bludgeoned him ruthlessly briefly, then i grabbed him in a chokehold from behind, holding him up as we savaged his body, until he simply died from his wounds. It took about 2 minutes, and he didnt have a chance to resist.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:19 am »

This. Is. EPIC.

I happened to kill a minotaur that appeared to be an ancient pain in the ass of the whole world that I play, and now EVERY living soul is respecting me like a damn Heracles, from lords down to dirty rotten scumbags. So I amuse myself wandering the wildest and most corrupted lands, filled with small band camps and drowned in a feud, recruiting everyone, everywhere. And when my promiscuous party gets ambushed, I just make friends with attackers and watch the show. Hell, I even put my pike away. THEY JUST GENOCIDE EACH OTHER.

Now that IS epic.  :D

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 09, 2011, 11:21:30 am »

This. Is. EPIC.

Promiscuous.... how are we meaning promiscuous... like..really attractive guys?
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: March 09, 2011, 11:24:35 am »

This. Is. EPIC.

I never said that..
Perhaps you tried to quote but failed somehow?

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: March 09, 2011, 12:07:15 pm »

One of my crossbow orcs is a lifesaver.

First, going up against my first bronze colossus and not getting very far - chipping, fracturing multiple times but nothing. I punched my entire right arm off and I was still standing but bleeding - basically it wasn't even slowing down - when someone shoots it through the head and kills it.

Next a minotaur. Damn those guys are mean. Me and this mino are toe to toe but there's an utter stalemate. I can't hit him, but he can't hit me. Mainly he keeps me knocked down, but I dodge all ensuing attacks.

Crossbow bolt to the head.

I don't know who, but legends is going to be interesting.

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: March 09, 2011, 01:39:53 pm »

Like... I had a bunch of outlaws who gave me a quest to kill their own leader, whom THEY tore apart the same night after joining me, then we had a couple of ambushes, had some losses, then some recruits, ambushes, losses and recruits, then (6 of us, all bold) came to some town to sell the loot and guess what, the town's market is no more. Not that I remember all of them, though. They're probably dead now.

What's really cool about this, is that I'm still a legendary hero. Something like "Whoa, Ivak, you should've seen it before they cut your eyes out! IT WAS GLORIOUS. He was right behind them, calm as a rock, everwatching, silent. Then they cut my eyes out too... But I'll give my only finger he made a short work out of 'em scumbags!"

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: March 09, 2011, 02:51:07 pm »

"Promiscuous" generally is used to describe people that are sexually loose, but it can also refer to a random group of unrelated things/people. I had to look it up to find the second meaning, though - the first definition is pretty much the only way I've ever seen that word used. X)
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 1103