Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994938 times)

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1995 on: March 09, 2011, 03:00:45 pm »

"Promiscuous" generally is used to describe people that are sexually loose, but it can also refer to a random group of unrelated things/people. I had to look it up to find the second meaning, though - the first definition is pretty much the only way I've ever seen that word used. X)
LMAO. So much for google translate.

Come to think of it, when I wake up ater the rest I usually find myself sharing a tile with random someone. How's that for promiscuous? :D

UristMcIrish

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 09, 2011, 05:47:06 pm »

I dont play fortress mode(My forts get up!.... get food!.. mine.. then dont progress any more)

So as a Adventurer I've had poor luck for the last few months... I tend to raise a mini-army.. then get ambushed and die. Its fun

But today....  :D Today I genned a new world Large in size with med everything else cept Beasts and Savagry that I keep at high.

And there it was in the race list.... Hydra  8)

So! at the moment am playing as a Black female Hydra ripping appart -every- thing I come across! ((No idea how I got the option, I use the gensis mod that it but hey!)) Go! Urist McHydra

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 09, 2011, 11:55:34 pm »

I found a cave, The Spike of Mastering, where it was said a crapload of kobolds had died of hunger not so long ago. Curious as to what kind of a hive it must be, and besides pretty much bored by my recent surface endeavours, I got my stuff together and descended along with my loyal "broad and incredibly muscular" killer-machine miner chicks beside me, singing "We'll smash some kobold skulls today". As I stuffed my backpack with one valuable gem after another, I was getting more and more intrigued.

Then there was this narrow steep passage downwards, where, you know, one of the slopes was seperated from another by a single z-level. So I jumped down, with no real harm on the impact (well, except two legs broken, with fucking bones jammed throught ankles, but hey, that's not what a nap on a cold cavern floor can't heal).

"Nah" I thought, "I'll navigate through it, sure, there must be another entrance" and saved the game.

"You just wait for me in our nest, gals".

And lo, almost a week has passed as my Legendary Hero, the one and only minotaur slayer, the Yearling of fuckng Blocks, got totally lost in a maze of a cavern, gnawing on some tunnel tube occasionally, unshaven, alienated, with god-knows-what infection in his finger. I feel like a couple of days more and he'll just sit there, portray some random face on a fungi and call it Wilson.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 10, 2011, 01:10:40 am »

trying out DFmode from the latest DFhack and tring to find a work around so I can play with my adventure by just walking to the embark site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 10, 2011, 02:50:04 am »

A Yak stole my thumb.
I then proceded to choke many monsters to death with my bare, thumbless hand.

...My adventuring so far has gone exceptionally well.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 10, 2011, 04:45:42 am »

I finally made to the caverns now to kill stuff.  8)
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 10, 2011, 06:45:13 am »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
He was a Hero... By which i mean he just finished cutting the throats of a whole village in the middle of the night, and then some bastard bandits came along and did this to him.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 10, 2011, 12:15:18 pm »

Playing Genesis, I just started an Ilithid adventurer with the last name "Sheensevers".  I immediately changed his first name to "Charlie", and am now looking for a tiger.
Unfortunately, I'm stuck in some hellish glacier and I can't find anything but mammoths.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 10, 2011, 03:50:26 pm »

Playing Genesis, I just started an Ilithid adventurer with the last name "Sheensevers".  I immediately changed his first name to "Charlie", and am now looking for a tiger.
Unfortunately, I'm stuck in some hellish glacier and I can't find anything but mammoths.
Shift+T is your answer ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

avantgardisauruss

• Escaped Lunatic
  • my personal me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 10, 2011, 03:58:57 pm »

I have been raising a group in adventure mode, I´m the only dwarf in it, but all of the other members are former goblin prisoners, that I liberated from a capital of some random human empire.
So now I have two goblin drunks, and two goblin somethings with me, we´re a cougar-killing freelance gang of knife users and me as a wrestler. ;D
how the heck did that troll get into mah pantry

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 10, 2011, 05:26:35 pm »

Ah. No. DF counts standing on a glacier as like standing in the middle of a sea. So no Shift-T.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 10, 2011, 05:31:40 pm »

Ah. No. DF counts standing on a glacier as like standing in the middle of a sea. So no Shift-T.
Shift Q will get you a map, at least. Damn ice-caps are really annoying. Why can't my yeti civ migrate across them to attack the stupid elves on that mostly-tundra-island?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 10, 2011, 05:36:09 pm »

Had just started a new swordsman, and had just gathered a suit of armor while killing bandits. Basically had most of the early game out of the way.

Go to report my successes to a peasant....aaaaaand DF crashes. I never saved. Ffffffffffffffff.

This kinda thing is already up on the bug tracker.

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 10, 2011, 06:33:55 pm »

What the heck just happened. I made him sleep off once again, and then he wakes up on the surface.
I'm bawwing right now. My mysterious disappearance story, my search for HFS honorable death is ruined, and......
OH GAWD THE SKY IT SUCKS ME UP

Bug? :-\

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 10, 2011, 10:58:27 pm »

Just realized the huge importance of backpacks with my human outsider adventurer. Seriously, none of the shops I visited even carried them. I did find one eventually in the lair of a night creature spouse, though, so yay for that.

Alright, mister and/or missus night creature spouse, since you had this nice backpack for me, I won't even kill you. I'll just horribly maim you.
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1103