Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995192 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2025 on: March 15, 2011, 02:37:59 am »

Started up, assembled three soldiers, an axeman, lasher, and another axeman if I remember correctly to follow me. Moved out to take out a bandit camp a local hamlet asked me to kill. A river had passed near where I was going, and one of my companions agitated it. It killed everyone as soon as it got within a single tile.
Hello Hunam

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 15, 2011, 03:05:10 am »

I'm now playing as a kobold adventurer. I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2027 on: March 15, 2011, 05:21:24 am »

Managed to get my legendary one-handing axe lord killed by a crossbow bolt to the head.

:C

He even survived taking one in the back of the head before, where it just tore the skin. Oh well, i bet people will know him (and the bandits who killed him) then. He went up to 140 notable kills (and a few other kills, including two bears chopped in half), with the only useful armor being greaves and a shield. Racking up that many kills with mostly cloth "armor" is pretty impressive, if you ask me. All with the same axe. :D
This also happens to be the first time i've ever been shot and killed. EVER.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: March 15, 2011, 08:31:49 am »

I'm now playing as a kobold adventurer. I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Haha.  Sigged.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 15, 2011, 08:40:19 am »

I just descovered the place where my beloved kobold died! I avenged him, took his weapon, shield and corpse and cremated them.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 15, 2011, 03:50:02 pm »

I am now playing as a one armed Orcish windsword. I lost my arm during a goblin ambush, I had to flee, but I took the leg off of the bastard that severed my arm. You know the saying, an eye for an eye. Or in this case, a leg for an arm. I had to leave my red steel sheild behind, as well. I had already killed two emaciated crones with it and given it a name. I miss you, Geromy...

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 15, 2011, 05:08:14 pm »

Me and five random soldiers just killed a Hydra and were on our way back to town when we discovered a lair! "What the hell, lets kill what ever is in it," I thought. It was a Wicked Night Man with a copper slicing knife. We all jumped it like we did the Hydra but this thing was too fast. Couldn't land a hit on it and it kept knocking us down, biting and tearing off limbs. I manged to crawl away during the carnage and left my companions to die. Went to town, upgraded my gear, got about 15 soldiers and went back.

It started off the same as before. Couldn't hit it, knocked me on my ass, had to crawl out and decided to throw iron bolts at it from a distance. For some reason it can dodge the swings from a Proficient Axeman but gets hit easily by a novice thrower. I stuck about a dozen bolts in his hide while the others kept it busy.

Eventually the floor was drenched in blood. Everyone was either dead or dying, except for me still throwing bolts. The wicked night man, cut open and bleeding all over its body, tried to flee deeper into its lair but I followed it while sticking more bolts in his ass. Only when it decided to turn back around that I realized my mistake. This thing took two steps for every one of mine. I tried to run, but it caught up to me and charged me with a kick that shattered one of my legs. Dazed and on the floor, I tried to fight back with my axe but it stood on top of me and cut me to pieces with that copper knife. Eventually I was struck down when it stabbed me in the head with it.   

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: March 15, 2011, 08:45:39 pm »

Fought a captain, I killed her and her cohorts but she chopped off my leg. I crawled back to town, supposedly with the drunk crawling behind me thinking that there was a mage somewhere, and then spread the news. The diagnoser I talked to did not say anything about my lack of a leg.
Edit: does adventure mode allow me to use a crutch?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:56:23 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 16, 2011, 06:23:34 am »

I just got my orc ambushed by a sylven elf bandit squad called ''The Friends of Reverence'' Awww... Friends! OH GOD! THEY'RE GOUGING OUT MY EYES! AHH MY LEGS!!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:26:33 am by Angel Of Death »

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: March 16, 2011, 06:23:55 am »

I just edited the raws so that all non-military humans now accept my offer to adventure with me (instead of the "I would rather not" response). As a result am now planning to command an army of 19 miners all with picks to slay evil! (and pretty much anything which looks at me funny :P)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: March 16, 2011, 06:27:14 am »

Yes. It just grossly slows you and you have to wield it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: March 16, 2011, 07:01:06 am »

Yes. It just grossly slows you and you have to wield it.

Once you become a high level crutch user, you can move faster than without it I think. And the bug which counts it as being wielded even after you (p)ut it in your bag may still work.
*Hugs*

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 16, 2011, 02:20:23 pm »

I made a werewolf.
He went to a beholder's lair, bit off every eyestalk it had, let it bleed to death, and left with quite some injuries.

EDIT: His arms were damaged to the point of not being able to be used.
He could only bite.
He took out a bandit camp by biting them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:32:49 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: March 16, 2011, 04:52:12 pm »

Made another human, and got attacked by alligators. I had killed him, but at the price of my maceman companion and legs. I had taken his armor, and crawled off to the local fortress to stay the night. As soon as I got to the door, bogeymen spawn and clawed out my brain. Damn.
Hello Hunam

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: March 16, 2011, 09:49:19 pm »

Dear lord! I have been attacked by...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1103