Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994821 times)

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2055 on: March 19, 2011, 03:48:58 pm »

Ahh... the normal psychopathy of the average DF player...
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 19, 2011, 04:56:45 pm »

As my new bowdorf, I took an arrow that lodged into a legendary crocodile, and stabbed it in the head with it.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 19, 2011, 05:12:38 pm »

I just tried my first adventurer earlier. I defeated the quest monster with no injuries and then put the hurt on a couple of lions. While I was walking away along the river bank, I came face to face with a tree. I went to side-step it, and found that there was a hippo hiding directly behind it, which knocked me into the river where I drowned. :/

DeathDoom

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Whoa...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 19, 2011, 10:01:05 pm »

I came across a human fortress after a long duel with a megabeast.
Upon entering, I noticed something was off.  There were a bunch of animals inside the fort.  I killed couple of horses, monkeys, and rabits and looked inside the lord's house.  Completely empty.  No one anywhere except animals.
Okay, I say to myself.
I turn to leave, and see a line of animals purposely blocking the way out on both sides of the gate.

I leave, come back, do the same thing, only this time when I tried to leave, a horse kicked me in the foot and severed it, and now I'm stuck crawling on the ground.  I'm lucky I didn't get killed when I gave into the pain.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 19, 2011, 10:35:03 pm »

Frustration, since after starting a new adventurer, and even after genning a new world and reinstalling default DF, and genning again without the one mod I was using, I'm getting a CTD every time I try to turn in a quest. *sigh*

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2060 on: March 19, 2011, 10:46:56 pm »

Frustration, since after starting a new adventurer, and even after genning a new world and reinstalling default DF, and genning again without the one mod I was using, I'm getting a CTD every time I try to turn in a quest. *sigh*
I've had this problem occasionally.
A work around I've discovered is having multiple completed quests, then turning them in.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I will now go sit in a corner and plot my revenge against the human village that forced my guy to sleep on the beach instead of their bloody desolate town.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:48:25 am by addictgamer »
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 20, 2011, 03:04:59 am »

I've had this problem occasionally.
A work around I've discovered is having multiple completed quests, then turning them in.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I will now go sit in a corner and plot my revenge against the human village that forced my guy to sleep on the beach instead of their bloody desolate town.
makes me glad I built my home.
Continuing from last time, Meng went out with her group and revisited the places my past adventurer went to scavenge for BOOZE. So far all they came back with is melted down human, night creature  remains and a melted sock. It was just enough to keep some of them from dying till we built the Still. I have some bad news Kib a tamed dwarf miner melted in a attempt to dig deeper through the aquifer I didn't have enough time to make him a casket before Meng had to ship off.
right now the group pick up some silver and bronze weapons from dead bandits and about to dive into a lair hopefully it safe to scavenge.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 20, 2011, 03:48:55 am »

I was fighting this night monster.
I couldn't even hit it.
I started panicking because my companions were being killed and I shot arrows.
I sever the monster's head.
Awesome.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 20, 2011, 09:07:50 am »

She deserved it, that little bitch.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 20, 2011, 10:04:09 am »

I found a bug!
"Her guts is gone"
:P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 20, 2011, 10:06:02 am »

I found a bug!
"Her guts is gone"
:P
The important thing is that she doesnt have them...
Even if her scripting is flawed.
It isnt exactly a bug so much as a flaw in the way it tells you what is and isnt there.

Its amusing either way
:)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2066 on: March 20, 2011, 11:32:47 am »

So, i was sent to kill a minotaur. Cool, never did that before. And the labyrinth is... On a glacier? u mad, minotaur. Either way, it was actually beating me until i lodged an axe in its heart. Then it died.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 20, 2011, 03:33:43 pm »

I fought a minotaur.
It got me to move into a dead end, after which it started murdering me.
Goddammit.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 20, 2011, 05:11:18 pm »

Got a task to kill a night creature spouse, the wife of the Narrow Horror, to be precise. I was a little worried when I found the Narrow Horror was there that day, along with their child. With three very lucky swings, I decapitated them all, just one-two-three. Then the game crashed as i went to turn it in.   :-\

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 20, 2011, 05:13:04 pm »

I posted my one and only minotaur fight somewhere in this thread. Didn't think any of us were gonna make it out alive after it splattered the brains of two of my companions on the walls in quick succession. Minotaurs can be terrifying.

recently I tried using DFmode to switch out of dwarf mode and collect my adventurer for some fun. screwed the fortress over to an extent. glad I backed it up. Turns out the journey south from the human towns is about one month long, if you don't have a clue where you're going. I killed dozens of wildlife as I often couldn't just sneak away and travel, trying to ignore them.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:15:58 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1103