Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994942 times)

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2265 on: May 11, 2011, 09:17:55 pm »

I was showing adventure mode to a friend on a new computer, so I didn't have any of my old standby genocide-machines to rely on, so I just grabbed a starting hero dorf with a normal skill distribution.

Because I doubted that my friend wanted to watch me power-grind throwing, knapping, sneaking and swimming for an hour or so, I set straight off for the first fortress after grabbing a bandit-site quest. This ambition was thwarted by the fact that the fortress was abandoned, so I was unable to recruit any cannon-fodder. Come nightfall, I was stuck between the first empty fortress and a second one where I hoped to fill up my party.

As should come as no suprise to anyone, I was ambushed by bogeys. Fortunately, good tactics combined with a martial trance allowed me to slaughter all but one of them before the trance wore off. That one last lone bogeyman and I spent about 20 minutes of realtime dodging back and forth before he landed a bruising blow on my guts. The vomit-spree that followed didn't change combat much for the next ten minutes before he landed another blow to my guts, and eventually I passed out, and got brained.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: May 11, 2011, 09:19:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought it would be an amuzing idea at the time...

Then it happened.

Then I cringed.

Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.

I regret nothing.
So yeah that's my adventure so far. :D
EDIT: Guess I just got lucky with the bandits, tried to thwack a cougar with the chieftain's severed willy and got torn apart in the attempt, totally worth it...

You beat a man to death with his dick?

Achitus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: May 11, 2011, 09:23:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought it would be an amuzing idea at the time...

Then it happened.

Then I cringed.

Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.

I regret nothing.
So yeah that's my adventure so far. :D
EDIT: Guess I just got lucky with the bandits, tried to thwack a cougar with the chieftain's severed willy and got torn apart in the attempt, totally worth it...

You beat a man to death with his dick?

Yes.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: May 11, 2011, 09:24:15 pm »

You are the funniest man on the planet.

Achitus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: May 11, 2011, 09:29:37 pm »

You are the funniest man on the planet.

Why thank you, testicles are also potential targets as those were added in, I may try detaching them and then throwing them back at their former owner, probably won't do much damage, but it has to have some psychological effect.

But if said gibbles manage to cave the guy's skull in and liquify his brain, I will declare myself to have won the game.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 09:41:36 pm by Achitus »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: May 11, 2011, 10:54:48 pm »

I was showing adventure mode to a friend on a new computer, so I didn't have any of my old standby genocide-machines to rely on, so I just grabbed a starting hero dorf with a normal skill distribution.

Because I doubted that my friend wanted to watch me power-grind throwing, knapping, sneaking and swimming for an hour or so, I set straight off for the first fortress after grabbing a bandit-site quest. This ambition was thwarted by the fact that the fortress was abandoned, so I was unable to recruit any cannon-fodder. Come nightfall, I was stuck between the first empty fortress and a second one where I hoped to fill up my party.

As should come as no suprise to anyone, I was ambushed by bogeys. Fortunately, good tactics combined with a martial trance allowed me to slaughter all but one of them before the trance wore off. That one last lone bogeyman and I spent about 20 minutes of realtime dodging back and forth before he landed a bruising blow on my guts. The vomit-spree that followed didn't change combat much for the next ten minutes before he landed another blow to my guts, and eventually I passed out, and got brained.
Lol. what'd they think? :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: May 12, 2011, 02:05:40 am »

With my dorf hero, I found a cave. I went up to it and found it was COVERED with gems and other things.
Suddenly, hoards of degenerate kobolds came out of the cave! I ran to them, screaming out war cries and cleaved them limb by limb.

But they wouldn't stop coming. Hundreds of kobolds were pouring out of the cave. They were evicerated one by one. Eventually, one of the kobolds guts were severed. The guts were used as a whip to beat any more kobolds to death. After a while of massacaring, I heard the law-giver coming! Who was also a kobold. He had a gem carving knife. He was whipped with the guts like most of the other kobolds
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:30:34 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: May 12, 2011, 07:43:48 am »

I went to a night creature lair, helped kill it, got some elf skin, went to a shop, sold a bag from a camp for some thread, and made an *elf leather thong*.

What should I do with it?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: May 12, 2011, 07:45:28 am »

I went to a night creature lair, helped kill it, got some elf skin, went to a shop, sold a bag from a camp for some thread, and made an *elf leather thong*.

What should I do with it?
Whip a hippo to death with it.
Its better if its a !!Xelf leather thongX!! though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: May 12, 2011, 04:38:14 pm »

My elf adventurer just killed several giants, a few cyclopses, some titans, a band of bandits, and like fifty night monsters. Not counting the leigions of boogeymen and wolves. All with his bare hands...

He went at a Bronze Collosus with his bare hands, and managed to crack him all over the place.

He's still punching his face, somehow without getting even so much as a broken bone, or breaking his fists.

How do you kill those things, anyway?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: May 12, 2011, 04:43:28 pm »

Hrm, usually have to sever the head... Either whip out a blade to finish the job, or keep training striking 'til you can PUNCH IT'S HEAD OFF! >:D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: May 12, 2011, 05:01:57 pm »

My striking is already legendary...
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: May 12, 2011, 06:41:57 pm »

A swarm of stingrays knocked me into a river. I blocked everything but then I fell unconcious and died.
Everybody!

Byttingen

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: May 12, 2011, 07:17:35 pm »

I'm trying adventure mode for the first time... I'm already alienated.

That's MY nose.

I'm drawing a picture of my adventurer in Gimp now. This needs to be immortalized.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: May 12, 2011, 07:21:21 pm »

I'm trying adventure mode for the first time... I'm already alienated.

That's MY nose.

I'm drawing a picture of my adventurer in Gimp now. This needs to be immortalized.
Don't forget to post it when you're done!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 1103