Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022934 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3675 on: February 20, 2012, 10:11:14 pm »

Haha, I forgot about the slab. Read it (goblin name), now necromancer super saiyan, resting for a few days so I may head into the catacombs, revive some zombies, go up to the level, and oust the deity law-giver as a demon.

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: February 21, 2012, 12:33:58 am »

Just downloaded the newest release and loaded up a new adventurer. I decided to accuse the local law-maker of being a night creature out of the blue. Well, it turns out he actually was a night creature--a vampire, to be precise. He killed me shortly thereafter.

Then I tried playing around in the testing arena with necromancy and got my head kicked in by a horse that I reanimated somehow. Fun times.
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: February 21, 2012, 01:53:37 am »

My character is a weretortoise.... looks something like this.

and here is an artistic rendition

Thats right I'M BOWZER MOTHERFUCKER!!!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: February 21, 2012, 02:47:14 am »

Another adventurer was oneshotted. -____-

Darn goblins and their depleted uranium arrows.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: February 21, 2012, 03:29:34 am »

Finally dled this puppy and started up my first adventurer. I was expecting the bandits to be hard, cuz that's what everyone was telling me, but I ripped through three gangs no problem. Even the archers weren't shit. I must've lucked out and had pussy-ass highway men in my area.

It was a night creature that ultimately kicked my ass. A child no less.

Stepped into the cave and fondly regard the elf spleens when I get the usual "I'm gonna fuck you up" message. I take a step toward the loser and get another one from her son somewhere behind her. At first I kinda freak out cuz multiple night creatures rarely pan out for me, but then I realize they're both right in front of me and really have no way to get at my back. So I calmly step up to mommy, slice her leg out from under her, and proceed to carve up her torso until I hit the heart. Now that she's been thoroughly defanged I step back and let her kid come in for a piece, figuring I can smear him across the cave while the big fish is bleeding out.

He dodges my attack, breaks my leg, and then gores me through the face. I got wrecked.

Just another day in dorf fort. Still waiting to see everything this version has to offer!
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: February 21, 2012, 07:57:56 am »

Im playing as Miauw McHumanMinigun

In my mind it looks badass
I enter a room filled whit bandits, and a few swift arrows fly, hitting all but one hammerman so they become sick and are slowed down, when the hammerman aproaches, i heroicly pull out my iron long sword and lop off his head, after that i  go into the room the remaining ones have fled to, and kill them whit a few clean depleted uranium bolts to the head.

But did anybody else notice that macemen/hammermen easily dodge your attacks?
I usually cant land a hit on them until they are wounded.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: February 21, 2012, 08:04:17 am »

I was thirsting and didn't want to risk feeding in a town.
Went into a bandit camp, grabbed the boss round the throat, KO'd her and began feasting. Every time a goblin approached me they were swiftly headshot.
She ended up dying of suffocation, and I was free to continue the last leg of my journey towards the necromancer tower.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: February 21, 2012, 08:14:02 am »

Gah, got zerg-rushed by a overlord and 5 bandits in the dungeons.
I should have simply stopped and gone to that necromancers tower >.>

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: February 21, 2012, 10:51:45 am »

Raised some carp corpses.
My god.
Dingo parts were flying everywhere.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: February 21, 2012, 11:45:42 am »

Holy. Shit.

I think I just got the Dwarven Acid Adventure. I made a Smaller world with a very high incidence of megabeasts and titans. I started in the only civ (human) in the middle of a deserted marketplace. I entered the keep and was confronted by a number of critically injured kobolds with strange titles, such as "the holy lobster" and "the grand oblivion". I struck them down, and entered the main building. As I stepped across piles of dead kobolds, I was confronted by a 'deity': a bloated giant lemurman made of charcoal, spewing clouds of poison gas. As I stepped forward, it breathed out a cloud of boiling extract, which collected on it in thick layers. I ran past it, into the throne room. More dead kobolds, their blood sprayed across the walls. I flung open a hatch, dropping down into the catacombs. More kobolds, still alive, but all unconscious, reaching for their severed limbs. I can hear footsteps behind me, the monster calling itself a god, climbing down the stairs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: February 21, 2012, 02:20:47 pm »

I came to a fortress, but it was deserted, so i started throwing the +two-handed iron sword+ at them, and also some pieces of vulture false rib bone [5], until they fell down, and then i cut their heads off after training my skills on them and then i butcherd them.
Fun to do.

One piece of meat actually got trough the fortifications and landed somewhere in the fortress.

EDIT:
Some tip for people.
If you cant get a hit on somebody, just throw stuff at them until you get a hit whit that, they are easier to hit after you have done that.

EDIT:
Im in the catacombs, heard the familiar 'PREPARE TO DIEEE RAHRAHRAHRHARH'
Now im all like:
EAT DEPLETED URANIUM, BASTARD!

got killed.
again.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:36:10 pm by miauw62 »

sarus92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: February 21, 2012, 02:40:33 pm »

Holy. Shit.

I think I just got the Dwarven Acid Adventure. I made a Smaller world with a very high incidence of megabeasts and titans. I started in the only civ (human) in the middle of a deserted marketplace. I entered the keep and was confronted by a number of critically injured kobolds with strange titles, such as "the holy lobster" and "the grand oblivion". I struck them down, and entered the main building. As I stepped across piles of dead kobolds, I was confronted by a 'deity': a bloated giant lemurman made of charcoal, spewing clouds of poison gas. As I stepped forward, it breathed out a cloud of boiling extract, which collected on it in thick layers. I ran past it, into the throne room. More dead kobolds, their blood sprayed across the walls. I flung open a hatch, dropping down into the catacombs. More kobolds, still alive, but all unconscious, reaching for their severed limbs. I can hear footsteps behind me, the monster calling itself a god, climbing down the stairs.

Haha oh dear god that sounds scary, finish the story!

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: February 21, 2012, 03:45:14 pm »

just found a law-giver that i cleverly renamed the profession of to "not a vampire" cus she is clearly not a vampire with all the 166 elf kills 10 human kills and 10 goblin kills all in this same town and completely covered in bone nail and tooth jewelry.

not planning on killing her and drinking her blood either.

somehow only having a total of 10 human kills she has at least 10 pages worth of human jewelry, strange.

aw i accused her of being a vampire and my pretty freshly recruited bowman shot her in the face, instant death :( i did however get me an iron knife out of this, much better then the large copper dagger and silver 2 handed sword i started with.

that and there was no blood to drink, i did lick the corpse but i don't think that did anything besides give me a mouth full of dead person taste :|
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:11:08 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: February 21, 2012, 04:08:42 pm »

I got to that necromancer tower.
Take a guess at what I'm doing next.

Here's a clue:

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: February 21, 2012, 04:42:07 pm »

just found a law-giver that i cleverly renamed the profession of to "not a vampire" cus she is clearly not a vampire with all the 166 elf kills 10 human kills and 10 goblin kills all in this same town and completely covered in bone nail and tooth jewelry.

not planning on killing her and drinking her blood either.

somehow only having a total of 10 human kills she has at least 10 pages worth of human jewelry, strange.

aw i accused her of being a vampire and my pretty freshly recruited bowman shot her in the face, instant death :( i did however get me an iron knife out of this, much better then the large copper dagger and silver 2 handed sword i started with.

that and there was no blood to drink, i did lick the corpse but i don't think that did anything besides give me a mouth full of dead person taste :|

Throw the body against some walls. Next time, bring swordsmen as companions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1104