Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016006 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4140 on: May 15, 2012, 06:39:15 am »

Aye, Sappho is right.

The easier it is to read your post, the more likely we are to be jovial.

If it's too hard to read (no punctuation, paragraphs, poor spelling without reason) then we'll probably skim it at best.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: May 15, 2012, 06:40:26 am »

If it's too hard to read (no punctuation, paragraphs, poor spelling without reason) then we'll probably skim it at best.

Or just blatantly don't give four letters and ignore it altogether~
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: May 15, 2012, 08:24:14 am »

You get a pass if english isn't your first language.

Spelling doesn't bother me, but "your" and "you're" and "their, there and they're" confusion gets under my skin.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: May 15, 2012, 08:40:15 am »

So far I learn never to kick off more than twice in the forest and don't try to grab the cart while moving.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: May 15, 2012, 08:42:38 am »

Two interesting features in this city. The sewers open right up to the meat section of the marketplace; one minute I'm stomping through skeletons and shit, the next minute someone's hollering "Dogmeat!" The tunnel went right down the isle between meat vendors. The other is a Chapel of Evil, and the only way in that I could find was a 1-lvl drop-off. I haven't found another way in from the sewers or dungeons, so I doubt I'd be able to get out if I went in. Evil!

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:18 am »

Modded all races to build cities.
I played as an elf, wandered around hamlets and noticed a whole lot of dwarves living in places with names like 'fancyvines'. When I looked at the currency, both the silver and gold coins were numbered and had images of dwarves conquering elves. So I thought to myself, the tyrannical reign of these short, bearded oppressors must be ended! So I went to the capital to assassinate the ruler and remove his/her pig tail fiber low boot from the neck of my proud, fancy bretheren.

Turns out the queen of the dwarf civ is an elf. So is the mayor and the general.

HAHAHAHA WHO'S LAUGHING NOW SHORTSTUFF
(me, I am laughing)

geddoe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: May 15, 2012, 11:26:45 am »

Geddoe: It is easier to read something with proper grammar (particularly punctuation) and spelling, though. Yes, we can read messy writing if we try, but it takes more work and people on this particular forum are less likely to bother reading your posts if you don't make an effort to write them neatly. Of course everyone makes mistakes in their writing, but I have to agree that while your story may have been interesting, I wasn't able to read more than the first two paragraphs it because I had to concentrate too hard to read. If you don't care if no one reads what you post, that's up to you, but you'll probably be skipped over by a lot of people here if you write in this fashion because it's just too much effort to read.

On most web sites people don't care so much about these things, I know, but on this forum it's pretty standard that people make a real effort to write well, even if it takes an extra minute or two to do so. You're in a very small minority here if you actively resist good grammar and spelling. If you react with hostility to a request that you write better, you might find that most people here won't be so friendly to you, which would be a shame, because it's really a great community. No one is being "grammar police," just asking you to please try to write in a way which is easier for us to read.

first off, i would like to state i had no intent for hostility. if you feel otherwise then i am sorry you feel that way. if you take moment to consider the fact about that cambridge study. i was only making a point that 100% perfection on writing is kinda pointless,in my opinion.(unless you are a professional writer for a living.) it is even more pointless to give people a hard time for a few minor mistakes.especially when it is over the internet. i have seen far worse grammar then mine and was able to read it with little effort just as quickly as anything else.so personally, i have no clue what you are talking about needing to concentrate to be able read and comprehend what i wrote. it is not like i went out of my way to make it illegible. most of the spelling should be correct with only with a few punctuation errors outside of and my total disregard to use capitalization. hardly something worth the time to bust my chops about. if anything the poor sentence and paragraph structure with the dullness of the beginning (which is only there to serve as some background information.)  could be redone to make it more interesting to read. also simply reducing the length would be most effective.

as requested,here is a rewrite or rather a summary of what i wrote before.

My new adventurer was walking in some evil woods and found something called "vile gloom". It looked kinda like a moving dust cloud. When i walked in to it i was changed in to a zombie. Afterwards i seemed to be immune from dying.

has anyone else experienced something like this?

THE END

that should make it be not "too much effort to read."   :P

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:38:46 am by geddoe »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: May 15, 2012, 11:54:50 am »

Geddoe: It is easier to read something with proper grammar (particularly punctuation) and spelling, though. Yes, we can read messy writing if we try, but it takes more work and people on this particular forum are less likely to bother reading your posts if you don't make an effort to write them neatly. Of course everyone makes mistakes in their writing, but I have to agree that while your story may have been interesting, I wasn't able to read more than the first two paragraphs it because I had to concentrate too hard to read. If you don't care if no one reads what you post, that's up to you, but you'll probably be skipped over by a lot of people here if you write in this fashion because it's just too much effort to read.

On most web sites people don't care so much about these things, I know, but on this forum it's pretty standard that people make a real effort to write well, even if it takes an extra minute or two to do so. You're in a very small minority here if you actively resist good grammar and spelling. If you react with hostility to a request that you write better, you might find that most people here won't be so friendly to you, which would be a shame, because it's really a great community. No one is being "grammar police," just asking you to please try to write in a way which is easier for us to read.

first off, i would like to state i had no intent for hostility. if you feel otherwise then i am sorry you feel that way. if you take moment to consider the fact about that cambridge study. i was only making a point that 100% perfection on writing is kinda pointless,in my opinion.(unless you are a professional writer for a living.) it is even more pointless to give people a hard time for a few minor mistakes.especially when it is over the internet. i have seen far worse grammar then mine and was able to read it with little effort just as quickly as anything else.so personally, i have no clue what you are talking about needing to concentrate to be able read and comprehend what i wrote. it is not like i went out of my way to make it illegible. most of the spelling should be correct with only with a few punctuation errors outside of and my total disregard to use capitalization. hardly something worth the time to bust my chops about. if anything the poor sentence and paragraph structure with the dullness of the beginning (which is only there to serve as some background information.)  could be redone to make it more interesting to read. also simply reducing the length would be most effective.

as requested,here is a rewrite or rather a summary of what i wrote before.

My new adventurer was walking in some evil woods and found something called "vile gloom". It looked kinda like a moving dust cloud. When i walked in to it i was changed in to a zombie. Afterwards i seemed to be immune from dying.

has anyone else experienced something like this?

THE END

that should make it be not "too much effort to read."   :P
I can't read the first part because nothing is capitalized but what you're describing is one of the evil mists that were introduced with DFVD, if your name is now "gloom zombie" or something like that you've been turned into a thrall the only way for you to die is to be bisected.

automaton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: May 15, 2012, 12:31:52 pm »

it seems the vampire i have to kill is hiding in a temple with no entrance...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: May 15, 2012, 03:12:20 pm »

I tried to hit a night troll child with a minecart but got beaten into a bloody pulp.
By the way, did you guys know that minecarts can be used as nice baths? They can store water.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: May 15, 2012, 04:01:51 pm »

Just walked into a castle made of.... Pitchblende.

I think the radiation may have been responsible the One eyed alpaca twisted into huminoid form lurking upstairs...
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: May 15, 2012, 05:15:42 pm »

By chance a dragon-slaying quest took me near one of the few evil lands on the continent, a mountain range called the Infected Crest. I was advised to go see a law-giver on the other side of it, so it wasn't too far a detour to try to scale the central peak. I didn't see any evil creatures, any undead, or anything that wasn't typical of semi-savage mountains, except for a few clouds of 'haunted vapor'. A few animals got coughing fits inside, but after it passed, I didn't see any changes. I ran through it the thick of it myself, but it didn't do anything aside from the coughing, which subsided after I left it. I've had a few days of resting since then, and haven't seen anything wrong. Maybe it's one of the weaker syndromes, and maybe High Disease Resistance prevented infection.

I carried on to see the law-giver, in a keep isolated from the rest of civilization. He turned out to be a demon -- I'm not posting a save, but there's a composite screenshot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He's posing as Lomoth, the god of law, discipline and suicide, but notice I addressed him by his real name 'Cadedi'. He wrote scores of books pretty much giving away the secret, with titles like 'I'm a lying skunk devil'. They were scattered all over the keep, and I read a few before meeting him. He didn't seem to be bothered by it; maybe he'd been hoping to meet a human who wasn't such a complete idiot

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels task: Is a Dumba**
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: May 15, 2012, 06:16:38 pm »

See, I have a tendancy of drinking the blood of my targets when I'm low on food.
I forgot that most of my targets were vampires.
And I got caught feeding on a farmer.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: May 15, 2012, 06:22:56 pm »

Seems I bit a couger.
In the teeth.
With sufficent force to sperate its teeth using my own teeth.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: May 15, 2012, 10:40:04 pm »

this is whats going on in my adventure.... (yay undead heads!)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:41:41 pm by azrael300 »
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 1103