Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021036 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4905 on: November 21, 2012, 03:35:47 pm »

Human Swordsman, given several early quests to go vampire slaying, which all go smoothly. Returning to town to boast about my exploits, and I am thirsty and out of water, so I drink some of the blood of my sword. Some time later, I am thirsty agian, but water just wont help. Yes, thats right, I drunk vampire blood. Now Kensa Graveward the vampire wanders the world, feeding on those who would try and send him to his own grave in order to stay alive, and his name is cursed by all. Soon the far north necromancer tower will feel the wrath of Kensa, and the world will know no mercy.
This is a blank sig.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: November 22, 2012, 03:33:05 am »

Killed a dragon without taking a scratch. Drown in 1 Z-level of sewer water.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: November 22, 2012, 01:59:34 pm »

Butchered two rocs, a dragon, another cyclops, an ettin if I recall, a bunch of dumbass animals, and a bunch of dumbass kobold bandits. Legendary shield user/dodger/armor user is a good thing. Not that the dragon didn't break several bones before her bloody end, but close enough to invincible that I'm about to take on a stonefly titan with deadly blood.

Soon, though, I will have the powers of necromancy. Then? Noone will stop me!

[edit]

Damnit, I can't fit the titan corpse in the minecart!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:05:57 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: November 22, 2012, 07:55:19 pm »

I modded humans to be able to throw fireballs like the fire imp. Somehow, I got the idea that only my adventurer would have this ability, and none of the other humans. Then I burned to death within seconds of entering a bandit camp.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: November 22, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »

This was my first Kobold Ambush.

Looks like you ran into the Kobold version of The End.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: November 22, 2012, 11:43:12 pm »

So I'm out adventuring on my own, sleeping on the ocean beach to avoid bogeymen... and suddenly awake in the middle of the night. I try to go back to sleep, but don't feel safe enough.

Then this happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At first on the first image I understood that the shark drowned in water, and was like "meh."

Then realization came and I died.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: November 23, 2012, 07:14:42 am »

My journey was long, but I made it to the tower and back with the secrets of shamanistic magic in my pocket and all the way to my retirement home. But then disaster struck: I arrived on the full moon, and all my previous adventurers, companions, and stupid peasants that I had turned to werewolves went nuts and started one big riot in the streets. Blood everywhere, but all my stockpiled adventurers dead! Given that this is unacceptable according to mission parameters, I savescummed. Now I have to walk all the way back down there, and make sure I don't arrive while everyone is PMS'ing. Damnit.

[edit]

Of course, the next attempt ends in fiery damnation at the hands of the local lesser dragon population. Bastards caught me sleeping.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:04:54 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #4912 on: November 23, 2012, 08:46:13 am »

So, working with my first relatively long surviving adventurer, he'd killed at least 5 bandits with only a minor bruising, and had just killed off a bunch of giant lions as part of a quest with the aid of his new buddies. I finally arrive at the capital to try shopping and spreading the news that the savannah was safe again.
So I finish my quick travel into town, take two steps, cough up blood and apparently die to a flesheating plague of some sorts... along with all the people and animals around me. It happened so quickly I was like 'WTF?!'. Here's the shots:

At least, I assume this was some horrible syndrome at work.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: November 23, 2012, 09:35:19 am »

That has to be some sort of syndrome. A truly horrifying one at that.

Well, after many hours of wandering the wilds I have finally made it to the site once again, and not on the full moon. I infected all my past adventurers with the secrets of shamanistic magics, and retired. Now, I'm not sure if I want to start a fort finally or add another adventurer to the collection.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 09:47:54 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: November 23, 2012, 11:11:41 am »

My latest dwarf was utterly unable to find any dwarf-sized metal armor and finally got killed. Something was seriously wrong with the kobolds in that world. They were everywher and most wielded iron. I even met many swordmaster and elite crossbow kobolds. My drowsy adventurer and his 10 minions finally got slaughtered by a horde of bow kobolds in some dark forest.

A skilled (legendary in many skills) adventurer that had traveled halfway across the large world finally got killed by kobolds. How humiliating.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: November 23, 2012, 11:17:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haha, made me laugh.  Picture a little lizardman flying head-over-heels after a headshot...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eurynomos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: November 25, 2012, 10:28:29 pm »

I got killed by crocodiles as I tried to cross a river. Next time, I need to look down, into the water. They got me as I tried to crawl out and ripped my head off.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: November 25, 2012, 11:17:29 pm »

I got killed by crocodiles as I tried to cross a river. Next time, I need to look down, into the water. They got me as I tried to crawl out and ripped my head off.

Oh man, I know that feel. Next time you find crocs though, if you're a necromancer you should definitely kill them and reanimate the corpses/pieces. Zombie crocodiles are terrifyingly efficient at tearing off limbs, even when they're just heads.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eurynomos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: November 26, 2012, 01:28:58 am »

Alright, my new adventurer was more successful than the last. He survived a goblin ambush, lost most of his companions, but is still alive. Unfortunately it seems like he lost the ability to stand after getting his right foot broken by a night troll. I don't know if its gonna heal or what, but it kinda sucks to be a cripple after getting hit once.

Fredrikus Fatvessel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: November 26, 2012, 06:32:14 am »

I am currently trying out adventuring with an Kobold character.

My first one got killed by an carp when he went fishing.

My second one got some really nasty disease due to evil rain and died of dehydration due to throwing up all the time.

My third one got his head punched off by an vampire.

I am currently on my fourth one and so far it is going pretty good, i recruited some fellow kobolds and i am now off to kill an minotaur! Wish me luck! :D
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1104