Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2023181 times)

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5715 on: April 20, 2014, 01:37:29 am »

I don't know his intentions, but I officially hate fire-breathing things in caves. Here's why.

I rolled a new adventurer. A human demigod swordsman, pretty basic. I started out in my hometown, where the residents cowered in fear of a local leader who was alleged to be a vampire. I recruited a swordswoman and an archer, and kicked around in houses like some sort of witch hunt looking for the guy. Upon finding him, I surrounded him with my cronies and called him out, leading to our fight where he was shot and hacked down like a cornered dog. After that, I received another task to kill some outlaws. Fair enough.

While on my travels I ran into a lair. I cautiously approached it and entered, my two original companions and an additional archer, courtesy of the lady of a local human fortress. They were caught in a lesser dragon's fire immediately and bled to death. I blocked the dragon's fire with my shield, and, through the flames, threw a knife at it, chipped its leg bone, and went for the kill. After paying my respects, I set out again, and stumbled upon what I thought to be another lair.

As I got closer, a deep succubus (a more primitive and savage variation of a succubus) ran at me with a knife, and I swatted away. I had apparently stumbled on a cavern entrance, filled with deep succubi. Apparently, there were other residents as well, as I notice a banshee corpse next one of the hostile deep succubi. I managed to stumble upon some living banshees as well. Having regional renown for slaying the dragon and the vampire they gladly joined me, and soon enough I had amassed a mob of banshees (as well as some regular succubi), clearing out the deep succubi menace in every corner of the cave. There was also a human lady inside the cavern as well, ruling with her family over the succubi and banshees. She gave me a quest to kill another one of the lesser dragons.

So, I take my ragtag band and charge towards the dragon's lair, ready to fight. Again, my companions were obliterated without any shields. I sat back and watched them charge to their deaths. Suddenly, the dragon finished off my angry mob and turned to me, getting a lucky shot on me with its claws or fire or something or other. I was on the ground bleeding, as was the dragon, I had gotten a few brutal hits on it as well. Needless to say, I dispatched it despite losing the ability to stand.

But the problem was, I was bleeding pretty badly. But I had remembered something, the vampire blood on my armor. It was crusted and dry, but still maintained its infectious properties. In a last ditch effort to dodge mortality, I threw away my humanity and licked the blood off of my armor. And slept in the lair for two days straight. Now, the bleeding has stopped, but I thirst for blood. And I can only crawl.

So this leads to my question; do vampires heal nerve damage?

Sadly they don't. You would need to be a werebeast for that. Anyway, I also have a question.

I know you can be a vampire necromancer, but can you be a werebeast necromancer? Since I don't really care for no breathing and stuff, but I really want to be able to regenerate limps. Of course, I won't settle for some stupid werething, like weredingo or something.
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: April 20, 2014, 01:41:37 am »

I know you can be a vampire necromancer, but can you be a werebeast necromancer? Since I don't really care for no breathing and stuff, but I really want to be able to regenerate limps. Of course, I won't settle for some stupid werething, like weredingo or something.

Yea, it's just vampires and werebeasts that are incompatible.

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: April 20, 2014, 03:51:36 am »

A human outsider wanders the wilds, collecting the spoils of his hunt. After crafting the clothes on his back and backpacks to hold every asset he has ever earned with his bare hands, he finds his way to civilization.

Gazing upon the spires of Whipheavens, he is taken, mouth agape, by the sights of civilization. Never before has he seen such splendours of society. He wanders the streets for many an hour and then he learned that his creations have worth. Selling everything he owned, save the food he would need when he returns to the wilds, he amassed quite a large amount of coin.

It was then offered upon him a trade. Oh the glorious luxury! A great impulse took him. He could not control himself. All the coin he only moments ago had gained were gone. Who needed coins when you could have pants?

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: April 20, 2014, 10:24:16 am »

A human outsider wanders the wilds, collecting the spoils of his hunt. After crafting the clothes on his back and backpacks to hold every asset he has ever earned with his bare hands, he finds his way to civilization.

Gazing upon the spires of Whipheavens, he is taken, mouth agape, by the sights of civilization. Never before has he seen such splendours of society. He wanders the streets for many an hour and then he learned that his creations have worth. Selling everything he owned, save the food he would need when he returns to the wilds, he amassed quite a large amount of coin.

It was then offered upon him a trade. Oh the glorious luxury! A great impulse took him. He could not control himself. All the coin he only moments ago had gained were gone. Who needed coins when you could have pants?

These pants have GEMS in them! It's every Urist's dream! No, every Urist's dream is pig tail fiber socks encrusted with gems!
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: April 21, 2014, 02:22:48 pm »

My new adventurer slayed his first dragon by strangling it to death with a loincloth. I love this game.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: April 21, 2014, 04:38:34 pm »

Dragons are EVERYWHERE in this world. They had enough of an initial population that their breeding just took off. If I had advfort and I wasn't a vampire I would be eating +dragon meat roasts [60]+ and drinking dragon blood wine.

blazing glory

« Reply #5721 on: April 21, 2014, 04:58:45 pm »

My new adventurer slayed his first dragon by strangling it to death with a loincloth. I love this game.

I didn't think it was possible to strangle anything with clothing or whatever.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: April 21, 2014, 06:36:20 pm »

I didn't think it was possible to strangle anything with clothing or whatever.
You can in certain versions. I was playing 40d because its great for adventure mode. I don't know about DF2010 or DF2012 as I haven't tried.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: April 22, 2014, 03:11:42 am »

Decided to screw around and cheat during this run. I played a human female peasant with no points spent, but I gave myself a full set of armor, a hammer, and a shield made of slade.

By the end of the first day I got high strength, superior agility, superior toughness, high endurance, and superior willpower. Not to mention, I became a legendary hammerman, shield user, armor user, observer, fighter, and a great dodger. Not to mention nothing can penetrate it.

The caveat: my movement speed is 99. I don't think that I'll ever get that any higher all things considering.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: April 22, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »

The caveat: my movement speed is 99. I don't think that I'll ever get that any higher all things considering.

It makes sense, since slade is the heaviest material in the game by a long shot.

You might be able to get away with slade armour, since the armour user skill will decrease the weight of worn clothing and armours. But weapons skills and shield skills do not do that for you.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: April 26, 2014, 10:59:00 am »

I just found out that in tombs/temples, if someone passes out on a weapon trap they get cut to ribbons. My new signature move is now choking people on top of weapon traps.

GFire

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: April 26, 2014, 11:53:05 am »

I finally made a successful adventurer. On a completely unrelated note, I also figured out how to vampire successfully.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: April 26, 2014, 12:38:12 pm »

I made a spearman today. People are right when they say these guys are effective against semi-megabeasts. I'm pretty sure that by now, I've killed off at least one race of semi-megs, probably ettins. I'm also running around in (using Masterwork mod, btw) bloodsteel armour, and have a party of about 20 drow in tow. Soon, my darlings, you shall be part of the legion of the undead.... MUAHAHAHAHA!
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

GFire

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: April 26, 2014, 03:39:27 pm »

Speaking of the dead, my successful adventurer fell to my their inability to make friends. Fitting end, though, so I'm not complaining too much. RIP Othag Riptear.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: April 27, 2014, 01:16:03 am »

Something pretty strange happened in my recent adventure. I had started a new adventurer on a new world, and my first quest was to kill a night creature. I gathered up a few companions and set off. When I arrived, it turned out that there were three instead. It was no problem though, my companions and I quickly killed them with no deaths. The weird part is, though, when we returned home and reported the news, everyone started treating me like a hero. I don't know how high my reputation is, but it must be pretty high as they were reporting me to the Lord instead of giving me quests themselves. It was odd.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 1104