Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994896 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5940 on: July 07, 2014, 04:46:47 am »

I found a small abandoned house in a town. 3x3, no structural damage.

I bought some furniture, now I can leave my stuff in my chest and sleep in my own house without having to ask permission to anyone.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: July 07, 2014, 11:09:32 pm »

The ironically named "Ageless Dimension" is in it's third age of legends in less than two hundred years.

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: July 07, 2014, 11:11:49 pm »

Started up my first adventurer game in like forever.

Spawned into a fortress with no exit that I couldn't fast travel from.

Second fortress, spawned into a big empty room in another fortress. Walked out of the room, and ran into a goblin who immediately tried to spit on me, told me he hated me, and ran off.

In for quite a ride here, I think.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: July 07, 2014, 11:43:32 pm »

Well, created an adventurer. After wandering out into some dark pits I saw a goblin, walked up to him, and against my better judgment, greeted him. He bashed my skull with a mace while screaming about an attack. I probably should've choked him.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: July 07, 2014, 11:44:09 pm »

Got ambushed by bandits.

The vast majority of the bandits were apparently hiding in the trees because after my first few moves the majority of them fell out of their trees breaking limbs and horribly wounding themselves.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: July 07, 2014, 11:47:29 pm »

I made a swordsman and tried to leave the building I started in. The entrance was blocked by a volcano's lava pool. I tried to cross quickly. It went about as well as expected.

...I just remembered you can jump now. I wonder if that would have helped >.>

MrTimms

• Bay Watcher
  • It is terrifying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: July 08, 2014, 12:17:39 am »

The vast majority of the bandits were apparently hiding in the trees because after my first few moves the majority of them fell out of their trees breaking limbs and horribly wounding themselves.

sig'd.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: July 08, 2014, 12:18:23 am »

Actually did things this time, created an elf adventurer and went north to some Dwarven Hillocks. I guess we were at war with that civilization because they attacked me. After investigating buildings I noticed that everyone in the Hillocks except the (now deceased) axedwarf mayor was a goblin.

The axedwarf mayor actually made an attempt to fight me, but I gouged her eyes out, threw her (somehow breaking many of my own limbs in the process) and passed out. Eventually I woke up, strangled her unconscious, and beat her to death with the blunt end of my spear. Now I'm deciding what to do with all these goblins because I didn't intend for this to happen.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: July 08, 2014, 12:39:19 am »

Playing a fairy, shot a cyclops to death. He was running away, screaming for his life from an eight-inch tall little girl. With a gun no less, but still.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: July 08, 2014, 01:44:12 am »

Reached the human capital of my civilization. Many of the houses are ruined and abandoned, no doubt due to the constant wars with the hordes of goblins. Found a small tavern called the Golden Honey Bar run by a local drunk.

Talked with the drunk a bit. He's a drunk, but mostly he just likes to drink. It's a cozy little tavern, and it's well furnished with iron tables and a single fancy gold table.

Upon leaving the tavern I found myself blocking and dodging a bunch of silver arrows. The goblin infestation is so bad there's apparently a random goblin crawling and climbing around the rooftops of the town, taking potshots at passerby. Managed to duck under the cover of a ruined house and catch the goblin off guard as it climbed down. Struck it in the leg with my spear and knocked it down from climbing, causing it to break a couple leg bones in the process. It passed out from pain and was quickly slain with a well aimed stab to the aid.

The goblin was wearing an array of goblin bone jewelry. Odd. Took a goblin tooth ring as a trophy of the odd experience.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MrTimms

• Bay Watcher
  • It is terrifying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: July 08, 2014, 03:20:36 am »

Playing 0.40.01, somehow even adventure mode is laggy. Wove my way through a maze of a fortress, only to inexplicably go downstairs as I saw the light of day. Luckily for me, I saw blue exclamation marks (dorf senses tingling), which meant I had people to talk to. I entered the room, only to be greeted by an elven bone doctor in a dwarven fort.

I look forward to my adventure, as slowly as it may come. I do wish that saving didn't boot you to the main menu.

(Apparently, I am a diving being. Interesting typo.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:23:20 am by MrTimms »

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: July 08, 2014, 03:31:33 am »

Playing a fairy, shot a cyclops to death. He was running away, screaming for his life from an eight-inch tall little girl. With a gun no less, but still.

Okay, can you do a favor for me? can you hit esc a few time and make sure you're playing dwarf fortress?

If that's for real and unmodded, hoo boy we have some bug reporting to do, fellas :P
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5952 on: July 08, 2014, 04:24:10 am »

Lurking through a marsh with a fellow elf, hunting critters so we don't starve to death.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: July 08, 2014, 04:56:14 am »

Started a dwarf adventurer, asked a nearby dwarf swordsman to join me in adventure, he did. Asked my god to join me in adventure, he did ? Set off to explore the fortress, found out all items are of a larger than dwarf size for some reason. Set off to explore the underground highways, wandered for days without an exit, gave in to starvation.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: July 08, 2014, 05:36:29 am »

Had a ton of fun climbing and jumping off of things. So many broken bones and injuries. :D
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 1103