Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994796 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6030 on: July 11, 2014, 07:22:00 am »

I created a fort mostly with the purpose of heving  house for my next adventurer. After everything was set up I retired.
My aventurer started quite colose to the fort, so I was there in no time.
Upon arrival I notice items scattered around. I decide to talk to some dwarf.
"Well, we had bandits, criminals, the occupation..."
WTF? I leave for 2 weeks and those assholes get occupied?

I dont really like what they did with the place, for example they shoved a wagon on my dining hall
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I found the book keeper, he wasnt on his office, but in one of the personal rooms (his assignted room I hope) and asked about the occupation.
"I don't know anything about that" Uhh, good thing you're the book keeper.
I found a kobold in a room, but he doesnt reply to my conversation.
There are some elf merchants around.
"Ask me when I've returne to my home" I guess they're passing through.
"The Branded Scourge (some goblins I guess) is not at war with us, but there is ill-willbetween our peoples. The trouble started becouse of a dispute over torture" is all I could get from the dwarves.
I didnt see any goblins around, but I did see an asterisk when I entered the fort from the map, maybe the gobs are milling around outside.
I found a legendary marksdwarf (dont remember having one, but maybe I just didnt notice). When I ask for any troubles he replies "Well, lets see..." and nothing else.
Apparently the occupation took place The day I left, maybe this "occupation" is just a change of government.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: July 11, 2014, 09:47:50 am »

I started up a new Axedwarf, who happily had a nice steel battle axe, then spent 10-15 minutes exploring the Mountain Homes he started in. As I walk out into the caverns, desperately fighting the urge to ignite the endless sea of growing plump helmets, I start to cross a small body of water to see what I can find.

4 tiles later my new Axedwarf is floundering in the water, as I desperately try to get him back to shore, unsure why he is drowning with points in swimming. He dies. I then notice the Fungiwood tree growing above the water surface... These trees are deadly.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: July 11, 2014, 10:47:31 am »

Managed to get an adventure started and _saved it_. Every previous one was lost to crash. Progress!

Elves carry "wooden" items, not "grown wooden" stuff. I guess the latter is supposed to allow trading elf-made goods with elves. As is, trying to trade your starting gear with your fellow elves just gives "Once a beautiful tree, now a crude bauble just good enough for your (??) kind". Elven native military is also equipped with not elf-kosher stuff. And if you do find random loose clothes in elf settlements, they're also all human sized. In one retreat, i found  market tree. No traders, just a load of empty bins and barrels (which the local elves felt mildly affronted about when offered).

Anyway, in the successful run, i found a dingo in a lair. Sneaked up on it while my two henchmorons were loudly talking about how they didn't feel quite as terrified as they felt they had a right to. The dingo didn't notice and was shot and hacked to death. The grisly deed done, i claimed ownership of the lair and accepted the assisting swordbearer as hearthwoman.

The W axis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: July 11, 2014, 01:22:03 pm »

Managed to get an adventure started and _saved it_. Every previous one was lost to crash. Progress!

Ditto! (Knock on wood, 40.02) And I'm liking this one.

I started my adventure in a human camp in the desert. (It shows on the map as a purple "Dark Pits"—what's up with that?) The camp consisted of me, my grouchy twat of a military commander and a chest sticking out of the sand. There was nothing else. In the chest was some metal armor that I grabbed before I got the hell out of there; I would not stick around and re-enact The Tartar Steppe. I crossed the desert and a jungle to get to sleep in an actual human settlement. 

The next morning I questioned the locals about what they do there. They said they go to a place named Hexwarned to trade. This turned out to be a Dark Fortress. Since the camp I'd started at didn't look like a human settlement on the map either, I supposed the fortress would also be inhabited by humans and trekked over. No, it was so full of goblins that a single move took anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds. Massive and fascinating as it looked, it was too slow to suffer. It eventually took me over an hour get out of there. Most of the goblins I encountered were alarmed by my presence yet could be reasoned with; some, however, would not give quarter. The trolls were all cool and taciturn. The fortress tower had at least 15 floors above ground and six below (I could hear sounds from such depths) and I thought it a shame the game was so slow I could barely peep in.

While I was scouting the environs of the fortress the following strange incident took place. I was walking on a hillside overlooking a meadow when suddenly a terrible commotion exploded in the distance.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Far across the dale, 5z up in a watchtower set in the opposite hillside, a crenellated platform packed wall to wall with goblin peasants was mortified to see a little speck ambling its way in the distance, and the deafening row of distant panicked screams, blaring away at the SPL of a My Bloody Valentine concert for about ten minutes, made me promise myself that the next time around I'm bringing earplugs.

I killed several of them and it hasn't made a difference, I will try killing more to see if that fixes the problem

LinovaA

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: July 11, 2014, 01:33:33 pm »

So I walked into an "abandoned town" recently and decided to check the fort. When I got to the fort there was single peasant just standing in the throne room, so naturally I silently cut off his neck. So I explore around the dungeons for a bit and find absolutely nothing go back outside. Thinking that maybe because there was a single peasant that there might be soldiers I can recruit at the top of the towers, I make a little journ up to the top of one of the towers.

What I am greeted with:

"It is terrifying." x 10

"It was inevitable." x 20

A party must have been going on on top of every single tower because every single person who SHOULD have been in the town was just chilling up on top of the towers of the fort discusing what was new and trendy in the markets of inevitablity and terrifyingness. xD

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: July 11, 2014, 01:51:32 pm »

I jsut found in df 2014... you can eat spinach leaves you pick in the world, which seemingly are infinite.

And if any of you every make Toady remove that, I will suggest things you don't like to see in DF yourself.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: July 11, 2014, 02:15:25 pm »

The Coallition of Death has claimed six villages in a bloody land grab. A brave lord stood against Zoku Oceantorrid the Boats of Soul and refused to surrender his land and people to the Coallition, instead spitting at the demand for surrender and arming himself with an iron carving knife.

He was laid out by a single punch, stripped of his belongings, and went running into the wilderness nude crying and screaming for mercy- abandoning his people to their fate.

Sometimes underdog stories end exactly the way you'd expect.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: July 11, 2014, 04:08:01 pm »

PTW

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: July 11, 2014, 04:25:48 pm »

Well, I finally got to try out the new version. Murdered some people, and some wildlife. Climbed a tree. Jumped off a tree. Killed the mayor of my home mountain halls, admired the fact that so far nobody has gone too far into trying to kill me. Except a spearman I met on the road. No idea what his problem was, he kept ambushing me and then would run off, and tried to attack me only once.

Also killed the lord of a hamlet and staked my claim. I now possess a mead hall full of insolent worms who refuse to be my hearthpersons.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: July 11, 2014, 04:31:23 pm »

Well, I finally got to try out the new version. Murdered some people, and some wildlife. Climbed a tree. Jumped off a tree. Killed the mayor of my home mountain halls, admired the fact that so far nobody has gone too far into trying to kill me. Except a spearman I met on the road. No idea what his problem was, he kept ambushing me and then would run off, and tried to attack me only once.

Also killed the lord of a hamlet and staked my claim. I now possess a mead hall full of insolent worms who refuse to be my hearthpersons.
Kill the worms. killkillkillkillkill

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: July 11, 2014, 04:34:19 pm »

Well, my adventure to see the dark fortress Menacedhog started swimmingly. Rolled up a hero speardwarf, just so happened to worship Zukon, the dwarf god responsible for the creation of the dark fortress Menacedhog. Went traveling in the direction of Menacedhog until it got close to nighttime. Decided to stay in a local mountainhome for the night to avoid the bogeys.

I get inside, and there's all these dwarves and goblins in the trade depot, yeah? So I take a couple steps, and suddenly everyone is fleeing and fighting for their lives. Several goblins and dwarves start beating up a child. Others scramble towards the walls of the fort entrance and scrabble vainly in an effort to climb them in a mad attempt to flee the hostilities. There's countless dwarves and goblins listed as hostile to me. Everyone is a civilian of some kind. Guess there's a loyalty cascade or something in the progress.

I shout out at everyone to "cease these pointless hostilities!" and the only one to respond is the child, who's still getting the crap beat out of him by dwarves and goblins. He spits at me and responds "Never!"

So, not wanting to meticulously talk every single dwarf and goblin out of their hostility, I decide to chalk it all up as an insurrection brought on by goblins and start slaying every dwarf and goblin listed as hostile. 27 kills later, the fort entrance is full of blood and  corpses and I call it a day and go to sleep with a new title as "Muthkat Lightplank the Symmetric Pattern of Disembowlers."

Adventure mode alignment seems kinda screwy.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: July 11, 2014, 04:37:29 pm »

Well, my adventure to see the dark fortress Menacedhog started swimmingly. Rolled up a hero speardwarf, just so happened to worship Zukon, the dwarf god responsible for the creation of the dark fortress Menacedhog. Went traveling in the direction of Menacedhog until it got close to nighttime. Decided to stay in a local mountainhome for the night to avoid the bogeys.

I get inside, and there's all these dwarves and goblins in the trade depot, yeah? So I take a couple steps, and suddenly everyone is fleeing and fighting for their lives. Several goblins and dwarves start beating up a child. Others scramble towards the walls of the fort entrance and scrabble vainly in an effort to climb them in a mad attempt to flee the hostilities. There's countless dwarves and goblins listed as hostile to me. Everyone is a civilian of some kind. Guess there's a loyalty cascade or something in the progress.

I shout out at everyone to "cease these pointless hostilities!" and the only one to respond is the child, who's still getting the crap beat out of him by dwarves and goblins. He spits at me and responds "Never!"

So, not wanting to meticulously talk every single dwarf and goblin out of their hostility, I decide to chalk it all up as an insurrection brought on by goblins and start slaying every dwarf and goblin listed as hostile. 27 kills later, the fort entrance is full of blood and  corpses and I call it a day and go to sleep with a new title as "Muthkat Lightplank the Symmetric Pattern of Disembowlers."

Adventure mode alignment seems kinda screwy.
Yeah, I had a similar thing starting as a human, except that the dwarves were hostile to me, and goblins friendly. Looking in legemds, human and dwarf civs weren't fighting. Nice title.
« Reply #6042 on: July 11, 2014, 05:32:43 pm »

I just started a new guy. A human outsider.

I'm gonna try the old Terminator 2 thing to get some clothes and just go into the bar, find the toughest looking guy in there, and demand he give me his clothes.

EDIT: I managed to get some clothes without any trouble from a kind drunk who appeared quite happy to go without. After that I made my way to the town garrison, "borrowed" some equipment and recruited two friends to go monster hunting with me.

On our way to a necromancer tower, where my companions assured me someone was up to no good, we encountered a dwarf hunting some turkey while looking for his kidnapped son. Unfortunately, our archer, Muspin, was accidentally hit by a stray bolt and now lies unconscious on the ground with major injuries to her spine. I don't think she's going to make it, and the damn dwarf just ran off after he saw what he had done. My Axeman, Pan, chased after him. I am just by Muspin's side holding her hand and crying.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:21:41 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: July 11, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »

Take the hand, Wield it in your off hand, and beat the responsible dwarf to death with it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: July 11, 2014, 08:37:16 pm »

Spoiler: First adventurer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Second adventurer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:53:40 pm by BlackFlyme »
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1103