Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995021 times)

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6060 on: July 12, 2014, 09:24:56 am »

I think raised corpses could use a little bit of touching up, they seem to attack anyone who steps on them including the necromancer who raised them. I managed to get a traveling necromancer in my party, and we went to some dark pits to slay a few goblins with a few warrior buddies. Unfortunately our first conflict happened in a stairwell. Before I knew it my entire party was fighting the first dead goblin's corpse. Necromancer was first to fall, and the rest of us eventually perished.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: July 12, 2014, 09:32:11 am »

Created an adventurer with no weapon skill except his fists, at Proficient.
Currently defending a town from a goblin attack WITH HIS BARE HANDS.
Also sneaking.
Just kinda punching in goblin skulls, and it doesn't count as murder since they aren't citizens and one tried to mug a guy.
One person asked if I was in any good scraps.
I killed four fellow humans before - one for his armor and shield, and the other three because I wanted to.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: July 12, 2014, 12:44:45 pm »

I arrived at an elf settlement and positioned myself to attack and avenge my almost completely destroyed civilization. I jumped from a tree, failed to catch myself and couldn't breathe, so I suffocated. You did well Bugi Systemheavy. You did well.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: July 12, 2014, 02:23:32 pm »

As a hearthperson, while patrolling with a friend in the south area of my castle i ran into a *spoiler* (really spoiler don't click the spoiler if you're not aware of them already)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was the first one i discovered since i play the new version, so i was really happy .
Then i tried to move into it ... DF crash, reload the save, try to move to it .. crash , in fact all my attempts at moving close ... DF crash :(

Oh well ... at least i could report the bug with the saved game.
edit : oh very nice, next version should have this problem fixed, i just hope to find again another *spoiler* then :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:33:09 pm by Robsoie »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: July 12, 2014, 03:18:32 pm »

Made a monster Island world like the Vanod one in a way except with good regions, and found that weird wall made of leather. anyone else seen something like that before?
« Reply #6065 on: July 12, 2014, 03:33:30 pm »

I stumbled across a labyrinth.

Outside, there were a couple of humans killing a goblin. After that they left and I went into the dungeon. I made my way to the minotaur only to find him dead, and a Lady Consort standing near him.

My first thought was that this minotaur died of old age after kidnapping this lady, but his corpse is all mangled and there's minotaur blood everywhere, so now I am thinking this lady is a vampire; though every vampire I have run across in the new version SAYS they are a vampire when you look at them (and you don't even know who they are already). I know she's not a werecreature, because I generated this world without any just so I wouldn't have a lot of caves filled with naked dudes.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: July 12, 2014, 03:38:29 pm »

Made a monster Island world like the Vanod one in a way except with good regions, and found that weird wall made of leather. anyone else seen something like that before?
It might be a tent, but monsters don't build those, and tents aren't leather...

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: July 12, 2014, 03:38:57 pm »

Outside, there were a couple of humans killing a goblin. After that they left and I went into the dungeon. I made my way to the minotaur only to find him dead, and a Lady Consort standing near him.

My first thought was that this minotaur died of old age after kidnapping this lady, but his corpse is all mangled and there's minotaur blood everywhere, so now I am thinking this lady is a vampire; though every vampire I have run across in the new version SAYS they are a vampire when you look at them (and you don't even know who they are already). I know she's not a werecreature, because I generated this world without any just so I wouldn't have a lot of caves filled with naked dudes.

Did ya kick her asp?  :o
« Reply #6068 on: July 12, 2014, 04:00:25 pm »

If she was the one who killed the minotaur with nothing but a bismuth mace, I didn't want to risk it. I left her alone and sought monsters elsewhere to fight that weren't psychos with super-human strength.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: July 12, 2014, 04:02:43 pm »

If she was the one who killed the minotaur with nothing but a bismuth mace, I didn't want to risk it. I left her alone and sought monsters elsewhere to fight that weren't psychos with super-human strength.
Ok, understandable.  :o

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: July 12, 2014, 04:24:16 pm »

My adventurer developed psychosis from being left alone for two weeks. I discovered he was now willing to self-mutilate.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: July 12, 2014, 04:51:22 pm »

It might be a tent, but monsters don't build those, and tents aren't leather...

there is at least one goblin civ.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: July 12, 2014, 04:54:05 pm »

My adventurer developed psychosis from being left alone for two weeks. I discovered he was now willing to self-mutilate.
That's the replication bug.

FearsomeClarinet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: July 12, 2014, 05:12:11 pm »

I know nothings really "going on" in my adventure right now, but I would like to tell you guys the name I got. "Bok Dimpleclasp". Of course I had to keep it.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: July 12, 2014, 06:17:10 pm »

Made a one-fortress civ on a pocket worl at year 2. only 203 dwarves and I have two goals:

1. how do I get out of the Fortress?
2. how do I even get quest in 2014 DF with no Service button?
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1103