Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994904 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6075 on: July 12, 2014, 06:27:18 pm »

Made a one-fortress civ on a pocket worl at year 2. only 203 dwarves and I have two goals:

1. how do I get out of the Fortress?
2. how do I even get quest in 2014 DF with no Service button?
1:Fast Travel is love. Fats Travel is life.
2:Quests were removed.

Rosanna Foxfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: July 12, 2014, 06:32:39 pm »

More things happened this morning.  I went back to Evildrab, the Goblin Dark Fortress, much laggier during the day time, unfortunately.  So after slaughtering a few towers filled with civvy gobs, and my necromancer and maceman companions mysteriously going missing, I venture into the depths, searching for one of the Vaults.  Gods, this place is a maze, I don't know where I should be looking specifically, and I haven't seen a soul since I killed every gob at the top of the tower that led down here.  I think I might try to wait until night so the lag dies down too.

Also, does it have to be a full moon for a werebeast to be a werebeast?  Instead of a naked sentient?  Because they never cop to being a werebeast when I find them, even though they're living in a cave, and are buck-ass-naked.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: July 12, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »

Made a one-fortress civ on a pocket worl at year 2. only 203 dwarves and I have two goals:

Thank you. I feel like I am somehow being a leech sneaking help from all these nice forum people though.

But the fast travel is not working for me. maybe I ma too far underground?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: July 12, 2014, 06:38:15 pm »

More things happened this morning.  I went back to Evildrab, the Goblin Dark Fortress, much laggier during the day time, unfortunately.  So after slaughtering a few towers filled with civvy gobs, and my necromancer and maceman companions mysteriously going missing, I venture into the depths, searching for one of the Vaults.  Gods, this place is a maze, I don't know where I should be looking specifically, and I haven't seen a soul since I killed every gob at the top of the tower that led down here.  I think I might try to wait until night so the lag dies down too.

Also, does it have to be a full moon for a werebeast to be a werebeast?  Instead of a naked sentient?  Because they never cop to being a werebeast when I find them, even though they're living in a cave, and are buck-ass-naked.
According to wiki, at least in DF2012, it had to be a full moon. As for the second part, I've found only one in beast form in my year of playing.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: July 12, 2014, 06:39:05 pm »

Thank you. I feel like I am somehow being a leech sneaking help from all these nice forum people though.

Might be a bug, but I'm not sure exactly. Damn mobile.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:45:25 pm by Alev »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: July 12, 2014, 06:42:29 pm »

I just had to go up more. And I am really sorry for all the questions.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: July 12, 2014, 06:43:13 pm »

I decided to test out an Orc race I made by going on a smashy smash fest to a dark fortress as an Outsider. Result: I made Orcs WAAAAAAAY too strong. I punch a head, it explodes. I can't punch a head? I punch a limb, break the bone, and punch the now unconscious goblin in the head. Which then explodes. Because I punched it. Fun, but utterly imbalanced. I didn't even bother with a weapon after a little.

Rosanna Foxfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: July 12, 2014, 06:44:15 pm »

If you're underground, Fast Travel has you travel on an underground map.  Along the Cavern Roads dwarf civs seem to build and use.  If there's only one fort, there's no underground highway, and so you'll need to find your way to the top.

Look for up stairs on the top floor, and then there should be a fivexfive spiral ramp up to the surface, with an oddly wagon-inaccessable trade depot.  Then odds are, you're in a mountain range and can't fast travel anyway.

Sylveadiff

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Diplomat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: July 12, 2014, 07:26:40 pm »

I decided to test out an Orc race I made by going on a smashy smash fest to a dark fortress as an Outsider. Result: I made Orcs WAAAAAAAY too strong. I punch a head, it explodes. I can't punch a head? I punch a limb, break the bone, and punch the now unconscious goblin in the head. Which then explodes. Because I punched it. Fun, but utterly imbalanced. I didn't even bother with a weapon after a little.
  Epic win. the most I've ever modded are fireproof kobold supersoldiars with a lisp; Cant figure out how to make them playable though.
"I just wanted to eat the yummy"~Glass, Pantheon RPG

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: July 12, 2014, 07:30:04 pm »

Epic win. the most I've ever modded are fireproof kobold supersoldiars with a lisp; Cant figure out how to make them playable though.
This may help: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token

Sylveadiff

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Diplomat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: July 12, 2014, 07:32:52 pm »

That's how I got the fireproof tag to use.
"I just wanted to eat the yummy"~Glass, Pantheon RPG

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: July 12, 2014, 07:33:32 pm »

Was hunting my second minotaur down, hoping to catch it offguard oddly clutching a wall like the last one. To my surprise however my elf ears pick up him stampeding down the adjacent corridor right after I had just crawled under my party member's legs to get into the hall he was about to charge through. I quickly backed up one tile and he barely missed me, and I had time for just one action as he passed me now standing just southwest of me. So I lashed out with my only equipped weapon at that moment, a copper dagger. Caught him in the heel, severed his tendon, and he immediately slammed into the floor. Now completely powerless he was no match for the onslaught of subsequent face stabbings that were to come.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: July 12, 2014, 07:41:25 pm »

That's how I got the fireproof tag to use.
No, I mean for making them playable.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: July 12, 2014, 08:35:25 pm »

Just got frozen in solid ice after roundhousing goblins.

Rosanna Foxfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: July 13, 2014, 12:26:12 am »

When last we left Rose Asrihob Tetharashcat, the human hammerwoman, she was wandering the depths of the Dark Goblin Fortress Evildrab at the slow, agonizing, rate of about one action every minute due to the sheer number of nonhostile civilian trolls and goblins in the area.  No one raised a weapon to her, despite the two towers full of goblin dead she'd left there in her previous lag-free ventures.

Perhaps she was driven mad by the slowness of her actions.  Or perhaps she wanted to see what lay at the bottom of this 1x1 hole that led further than she could see, (Admittedly, not very far at all.)  So she started to climb down one of the pits in the larger troll-rooms.  And then, in an effort to speed things along, she let go and entered free fall.  What followed was a rapid attempt to grab hold of the walls, any of the walls, in order to stop before going too deep.  But it was not to be.  She passed the first level of the caverns, and then clean missed the second.  And caught barely a glimpse of the third level of the caverns.  And then, she discovered something that every dwarf knew existed since the beginning of time itself, well before the universe was even generated.  Magma, the Great Magma Sea, in fact.  Incinerated her in an instant, not even giving her time to contemplate the foolishness of her actions.

Now, time to make a dorf so I can actually see in these underground places.
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1103