Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1042

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1079374 times)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6090 on: July 12, 2014, 06:42:29 pm »

I just had to go up more. And I am really sorry for all the questions.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: July 12, 2014, 06:43:13 pm »

I decided to test out an Orc race I made by going on a smashy smash fest to a dark fortress as an Outsider. Result: I made Orcs WAAAAAAAY too strong. I punch a head, it explodes. I can't punch a head? I punch a limb, break the bone, and punch the now unconscious goblin in the head. Which then explodes. Because I punched it. Fun, but utterly imbalanced. I didn't even bother with a weapon after a little.

Rosanna Foxfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: July 12, 2014, 06:44:15 pm »

Made a one-fortress civ on a pocket worl at year 2. only 203 dwarves and I have two goals:

1. how do I get out of the Fortress?
2. how do I even get quest in 2014 DF with no Service button?
1:Fast Travel is love. Fats Travel is life.
2:Quests were removed.

Thank you. I feel like I am somehow being a leech sneaking help from all these nice forum people though.

But the fast travel is not working for me. maybe I ma too far underground?

If you're underground, Fast Travel has you travel on an underground map.  Along the Cavern Roads dwarf civs seem to build and use.  If there's only one fort, there's no underground highway, and so you'll need to find your way to the top.

Look for up stairs on the top floor, and then there should be a fivexfive spiral ramp up to the surface, with an oddly wagon-inaccessable trade depot.  Then odds are, you're in a mountain range and can't fast travel anyway.

Sylveadiff

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Diplomat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: July 12, 2014, 07:26:40 pm »

I decided to test out an Orc race I made by going on a smashy smash fest to a dark fortress as an Outsider. Result: I made Orcs WAAAAAAAY too strong. I punch a head, it explodes. I can't punch a head? I punch a limb, break the bone, and punch the now unconscious goblin in the head. Which then explodes. Because I punched it. Fun, but utterly imbalanced. I didn't even bother with a weapon after a little.
  Epic win. the most I've ever modded are fireproof kobold supersoldiars with a lisp; Cant figure out how to make them playable though.
"I just wanted to eat the yummy"~Glass, Pantheon RPG

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: July 12, 2014, 07:30:04 pm »

Epic win. the most I've ever modded are fireproof kobold supersoldiars with a lisp; Cant figure out how to make them playable though.
This may help: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token

Sylveadiff

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Diplomat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: July 12, 2014, 07:32:52 pm »

That's how I got the fireproof tag to use.
"I just wanted to eat the yummy"~Glass, Pantheon RPG

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: July 12, 2014, 07:33:32 pm »

Was hunting my second minotaur down, hoping to catch it offguard oddly clutching a wall like the last one. To my surprise however my elf ears pick up him stampeding down the adjacent corridor right after I had just crawled under my party member's legs to get into the hall he was about to charge through. I quickly backed up one tile and he barely missed me, and I had time for just one action as he passed me now standing just southwest of me. So I lashed out with my only equipped weapon at that moment, a copper dagger. Caught him in the heel, severed his tendon, and he immediately slammed into the floor. Now completely powerless he was no match for the onslaught of subsequent face stabbings that were to come.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: July 12, 2014, 07:41:25 pm »

That's how I got the fireproof tag to use.
No, I mean for making them playable.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: July 12, 2014, 08:35:25 pm »

Just got frozen in solid ice after roundhousing goblins.

Rosanna Foxfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: July 13, 2014, 12:26:12 am »

When last we left Rose Asrihob Tetharashcat, the human hammerwoman, she was wandering the depths of the Dark Goblin Fortress Evildrab at the slow, agonizing, rate of about one action every minute due to the sheer number of nonhostile civilian trolls and goblins in the area.  No one raised a weapon to her, despite the two towers full of goblin dead she'd left there in her previous lag-free ventures.

Perhaps she was driven mad by the slowness of her actions.  Or perhaps she wanted to see what lay at the bottom of this 1x1 hole that led further than she could see, (Admittedly, not very far at all.)  So she started to climb down one of the pits in the larger troll-rooms.  And then, in an effort to speed things along, she let go and entered free fall.  What followed was a rapid attempt to grab hold of the walls, any of the walls, in order to stop before going too deep.  But it was not to be.  She passed the first level of the caverns, and then clean missed the second.  And caught barely a glimpse of the third level of the caverns.  And then, she discovered something that every dwarf knew existed since the beginning of time itself, well before the universe was even generated.  Magma, the Great Magma Sea, in fact.  Incinerated her in an instant, not even giving her time to contemplate the foolishness of her actions.

Now, time to make a dorf so I can actually see in these underground places.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #6100 on: July 13, 2014, 12:43:29 am »

I just systematically beheaded an entire bandit camp while sneaking. I think sneaking is a little too powerful.
Actually, I'm not sure they were hostile to me. I had to give the confirmation to attack them every time.
Taking their severed heads back to town anyway.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: July 13, 2014, 12:55:32 am »

Made a one-fortress civ on a pocket worl at year 2. only 203 dwarves and I have two goals:

1. how do I get out of the Fortress?
2. how do I even get quest in 2014 DF with no Service button?
1:Fast Travel is love. Fats Travel is life.
2:Quests were removed.

Thank you. I feel like I am somehow being a leech sneaking help from all these nice forum people though.

But the fast travel is not working for me. maybe I ma too far underground?

If you're underground, Fast Travel has you travel on an underground map.  Along the Cavern Roads dwarf civs seem to build and use.  If there's only one fort, there's no underground highway, and so you'll need to find your way to the top.

Look for up stairs on the top floor, and then there should be a fivexfive spiral ramp up to the surface, with an oddly wagon-inaccessable trade depot.  Then odds are, you're in a mountain range and can't fast travel anyway.
If your underground and fast travel, and can't move, press Shift-,
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Rosanna Foxfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: July 13, 2014, 01:02:58 am »

I just systematically beheaded an entire bandit camp while sneaking. I think sneaking is a little too powerful.
Actually, I'm not sure they were hostile to me. I had to give the confirmation to attack them every time.
Taking their severed heads back to town anyway.

It's definitely overpowered.  Over the course of playing, I've taken down two FBs solo, because I snuck up behind them and buried, in one case, my silver hammer into it's skull a dozen times with the heavy attacks.  Every attack hit, and it didn't take long.  I guess I was extra lucky that they didn't have acid-blood or something.

Floppypig

• Bay Watcher
  • looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: July 13, 2014, 01:11:04 am »

Dwarves. Millions of them.

I think an entire dwarven army decided to jump me in this one. They all claimed to be soldiers but I couldn't find any kind of leader (side note: what does a general look like? Noble or a weapon master?) and they just surrounded me. I accidentally moved and they all put away their weapons, about to kick my ass. I immediately yield and they all start spitting on me. This is the point where I stand up and sprint for the house to the north.

I scale the wall and run across the entire building until I reach the end. As I run, I see the humans in all the houses climbing up the walls for some reason and others running for the hills. Half the army routs for no apparent reason. I decide to fight! My first victim is a speardwarf climbing up the house, whose fingers I stomped on until he blacked out and fell off the wall. I climb my way down and get into a fistfight with a hammerdwarf (while an axedwarf is hanging right above me, throwing punches) until I accidentally escalate the fight to lethal by biting the hammerdwarf.

I had dropped my copper halberd when they surrounded me earlier, so I had to think of something: I reached up, caught the bismuth bronze axe flying at my head from the dwarf on the wall, and took it to the hammerdwarf's face and chopped his head off. I then cut off the axedwarf's leg and knocked him off the wall before tearing into his chest and killing him. The speardwarf I KO'd earlier is still passed out, so I chop off his head. A macedwarf runs in and puts up a pretty solid fight - blocking a good number of my attacks - before I take off a leg, an arm, and his head. Then three swordwarves charge in with a couple other guys as backup. I turn to sprint away because I knew I would die. A hammerdwarf knocks me across the head, KO's me, and splatters my brain all over the dirt with his hammer. RIP.

I have no fucking clue what happened here but it was awesome and I love this release.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSY4fEEg4j0
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:07:27 am by Floppypig »
ďAll that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gindew

• Bay Watcher
  • kissykins.weebly.com
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6104 on: July 13, 2014, 03:36:04 am »

In my latest adventure, my Human Adventurer went to a Tavern in a Town called Stilltick, he got killed by the drunk Aztrog, i then made a new Human Adventurer and tracked him down and killed him...

But the very next day my Adventurer was shot in the neck by Aztrog's Father who was leading a Goblin attack on Stilltick... seriously!

By the way 3 days later, Stilltick was ruin full of Goblin / Human Corpses.
------------Dwarf Fortress = Life ------------------
My Blog --> kissykins.weebly.com
YouTube --> youtube.com/user/redgindew
-------------------------------------------------------
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1042