Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994775 times)

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6090 on: July 13, 2014, 12:43:29 am »

I just systematically beheaded an entire bandit camp while sneaking. I think sneaking is a little too powerful.
Actually, I'm not sure they were hostile to me. I had to give the confirmation to attack them every time.
Taking their severed heads back to town anyway.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: July 13, 2014, 12:55:32 am »

Made a one-fortress civ on a pocket worl at year 2. only 203 dwarves and I have two goals:

1. how do I get out of the Fortress?
2. how do I even get quest in 2014 DF with no Service button?
1:Fast Travel is love. Fats Travel is life.
2:Quests were removed.

Thank you. I feel like I am somehow being a leech sneaking help from all these nice forum people though.

But the fast travel is not working for me. maybe I ma too far underground?

If you're underground, Fast Travel has you travel on an underground map.  Along the Cavern Roads dwarf civs seem to build and use.  If there's only one fort, there's no underground highway, and so you'll need to find your way to the top.

Look for up stairs on the top floor, and then there should be a fivexfive spiral ramp up to the surface, with an oddly wagon-inaccessable trade depot.  Then odds are, you're in a mountain range and can't fast travel anyway.
If your underground and fast travel, and can't move, press Shift-,
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Rosanna Foxfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: July 13, 2014, 01:02:58 am »

I just systematically beheaded an entire bandit camp while sneaking. I think sneaking is a little too powerful.
Actually, I'm not sure they were hostile to me. I had to give the confirmation to attack them every time.
Taking their severed heads back to town anyway.

It's definitely overpowered.  Over the course of playing, I've taken down two FBs solo, because I snuck up behind them and buried, in one case, my silver hammer into it's skull a dozen times with the heavy attacks.  Every attack hit, and it didn't take long.  I guess I was extra lucky that they didn't have acid-blood or something.

Floppypig

• Bay Watcher
  • looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: July 13, 2014, 01:11:04 am »

Dwarves. Millions of them.

I think an entire dwarven army decided to jump me in this one. They all claimed to be soldiers but I couldn't find any kind of leader (side note: what does a general look like? Noble or a weapon master?) and they just surrounded me. I accidentally moved and they all put away their weapons, about to kick my ass. I immediately yield and they all start spitting on me. This is the point where I stand up and sprint for the house to the north.

I scale the wall and run across the entire building until I reach the end. As I run, I see the humans in all the houses climbing up the walls for some reason and others running for the hills. Half the army routs for no apparent reason. I decide to fight! My first victim is a speardwarf climbing up the house, whose fingers I stomped on until he blacked out and fell off the wall. I climb my way down and get into a fistfight with a hammerdwarf (while an axedwarf is hanging right above me, throwing punches) until I accidentally escalate the fight to lethal by biting the hammerdwarf.

I had dropped my copper halberd when they surrounded me earlier, so I had to think of something: I reached up, caught the bismuth bronze axe flying at my head from the dwarf on the wall, and took it to the hammerdwarf's face and chopped his head off. I then cut off the axedwarf's leg and knocked him off the wall before tearing into his chest and killing him. The speardwarf I KO'd earlier is still passed out, so I chop off his head. A macedwarf runs in and puts up a pretty solid fight - blocking a good number of my attacks - before I take off a leg, an arm, and his head. Then three swordwarves charge in with a couple other guys as backup. I turn to sprint away because I knew I would die. A hammerdwarf knocks me across the head, KO's me, and splatters my brain all over the dirt with his hammer. RIP.

I have no fucking clue what happened here but it was awesome and I love this release.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSY4fEEg4j0
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:07:27 am by Floppypig »
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gindew

• Bay Watcher
  • kissykins.weebly.com
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6094 on: July 13, 2014, 03:36:04 am »

In my latest adventure, my Human Adventurer went to a Tavern in a Town called Stilltick, he got killed by the drunk Aztrog, i then made a new Human Adventurer and tracked him down and killed him...

But the very next day my Adventurer was shot in the neck by Aztrog's Father who was leading a Goblin attack on Stilltick... seriously!

By the way 3 days later, Stilltick was ruin full of Goblin / Human Corpses.
------------Dwarf Fortress = Life ------------------
My Blog --> kissykins.weebly.com
YouTube --> youtube.com/user/redgindew
-------------------------------------------------------

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: July 13, 2014, 03:51:09 am »

In my latest adventure, my Human Adventurer went to a Tavern in a Town called Stilltick, he got killed by the drunk Aztrog, i then made a new Human Adventurer and tracked him down and killed him...

But the very next day my Adventurer was shot in the neck by Aztrog's Father who was leading a Goblin attack on Stilltick... seriously!

By the way 3 days later, Stilltick was ruin full of Goblin / Human Corpses.

This kind of thing is what I want to see happening more often/sensibly. Can't wait until most of the new bugs are fixed.

Gindew

• Bay Watcher
  • kissykins.weebly.com
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6096 on: July 13, 2014, 04:10:02 am »

It happens often in the world i used in 40.01, but now it is corrupted :'(
------------Dwarf Fortress = Life ------------------
My Blog --> kissykins.weebly.com
YouTube --> youtube.com/user/redgindew
-------------------------------------------------------

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: July 13, 2014, 05:16:00 am »

I was on a long and arduous journey across most of the continent, to reach the source of attacks on these few cities(why is this place so far away?!).
I had picked up a crossbowman, who was going to be my guide to this place, and a pikeman, who wanted to be led to glory.
I'm not sure when, but I lost the crossbowman. I didn't lose the pikeman, but he proved to be entirely worthless. At the sign of ANY conflict, he would start running around, crying, shouting about how bad fighting is or something. I conversed with a couple of beastmen we came across and they complained to me that my cowardly companion had attacked them not too long ago. Also, I had one lousewoman tell me that a few minutes ago, I was attack by a lousewoman.
Anyway, just a hop skip and a jump-from-trees-to-cross-rivers away from the place where the terror lives, when I get thrown into an encounter. "Lions!" it says. The last encounter with lions I had, the lions just sort of sat there and I walked away. Instead, I figured to engage them, thinking my experience with killing a horseshoe crab, a raven, a coyote, and a rattlesnakeman would be enough.
It wasn't enough. I got the lion to critical, but unfortunately my finishing blows refuse to connect, resulting in me getting mauled to death. The lion slowly went back to its friends after the kill.
And what was my companion doing? Lying on the ground, likely in the fetal position, thumb in mouth, crying. What a coward.

I'm a little miffed because of how obnoxiously slow it is to overworld travel. Also, why are these places so far away?! Every quest I got involved a continent-wide march into the unknown.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: July 13, 2014, 09:11:58 am »

I've been trying to play a human bowman, i started by recruiting a maceman in my starting castle, took a few more arrows from bags in the castle and went to a lair that my lord pointed to.

There we quickly discovered the lair entrance , and at the same time the night creature appeared nearby (appeared to be some kind of troll ).
The thing rushed toward us and battled the maceman.

I was shooting arrows that nearly all landed. But without killing as i noticed sometime enemy can either be die or get unconscious in a single shot or they can take hundred of arrows without much problem.
I even got a couple of arrow sticking into the creature head, again without much problem for the thing that proceeded to kill the maceman.

Then despite it was full of arrow, the creature started to run after me, at the same speed i was.
I decided to press S -> Sprint in the hope to make distance, and it did, each time i got 6 tiles or ranges, i shot an arrow, then sprinted back until 6 range etc...
At some point the creature fell down from a lucky arrow, i believe the thing had at least 25 arrows wounds some from copper and some from iron arrows (i spent a whole quiver and was in the middle of another one) and several of them stuck in the body.

I thought it would be good, and shot more, then suddenly the thing just stood up again and ran after me at full speed.
This time after trying to sprint, i noticed the "Tired" mention.
And  it was a very bad time as the creature managed to get in contact.

I took my large dagger and obviously (murphy's law prove true again) missed , the creature then punched me unconscious on its first try, and while i could do nothing utterly annihilated my character.

I don't know what kind of night creature that thing was but having no problem to deal death despite being really filled with arrows, it was something really strong.
What a difference with the night creature i one-shotted with an arrow through the brain on a previous character.
« Reply #6099 on: July 13, 2014, 03:25:38 pm »

Zombies are incredibly fast in this version. They should be slow and shambling... At least they're mine.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: July 13, 2014, 04:42:09 pm »

made dwarves outsider playable. made a  monster island. meat is easy to get from the beach, and there is a glitch where my dwarf is not injured now, but is always leaving a trail of blood from a fall he healed fully from. always enough in a pool for him to drink. it is almost as if it is Armok's blessing.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: July 13, 2014, 04:52:39 pm »

My first adventurer on 0.40.03 , got words about a mountain titan at some distance (a shrine from the map description) , looked like some giant mix of firefly and i forgot what else, poisonous breath.
Unfortunately for the poor thing, it couldn't do anything due to how broken stealth is currently .
Hammer being very effective in DF2014 helped too

Looks like i'll have enough food for a long while

edit : damn boogeymen, the only thing in the game that is immune to the overpowered stealth and the only thing unaffected byt the AI overpassivity problem, they even see you beyond their line of sight.
Nearly killed one (hammer are really good in DF2014) and while at 1vs1 it's extremely hard, at 3vs1 it's just impossible to survive the encounter.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:05:05 pm by Robsoie »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: July 13, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »

Zombies are incredibly fast in this version. They should be slow and shambling... At least they're mine.
They're actually pretty slow. Your average human can walk at speed 1, while a human zombie walks at ~.6. The advantage zombies have is that they never tire and thus instantly break into a sprint, which pulls them at 2.1. The problem there is that a living human runs at 1.8, while the next step up - a full-blown sprint - is 3.0, which tires a person out quickly.

But, yeah, zombies are hard as hell to deal with. Now you will know why you fear the dead.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: July 13, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »

Are you sure it wasn't boogeymen ? they're using the same ń symbol as undead, and they're very fast too.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: July 13, 2014, 06:22:24 pm »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1103