Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994723 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6105 on: July 13, 2014, 06:56:18 pm »

Started a hero hammerdwarf with the intention of stopping by my retired dwarf fortress to get some decent iron equipment and then it's on to see the towering slade spire of Menacedhog before I move on to the new version.

My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: July 13, 2014, 07:24:16 pm »

Update on previous one. I attacked and it turned out to be two mosquito women?
Weird.. maybe the game made clones?

Sig-quoting that.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: July 13, 2014, 07:31:20 pm »

Are you sure it wasn't boogeymen ? they're using the same ñ symbol as undead, and they're very fast too.
As far as I know, bogeymen are the only night creature that uses the ñ symbol; other kinds use differently-colored Ñs.
Personally, I think zombies should be limited to a jog at the most; when not in dead pursuit, they should be Strolling.
Zombies aren't cross-country sprinters.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: July 13, 2014, 07:34:54 pm »

Are you sure it wasn't boogeymen ? they're using the same ñ symbol as undead, and they're very fast too.
As far as I know, bogeymen are the only night creature that uses the ñ symbol; other kinds use differently-colored Ñs.
Personally, I think zombies should be limited to a jog at the most; when not in dead pursuit, they should be Strolling.
These zombies are more capable than most you would see in our real-life media. They have the dexterity to handle weapons, climb trees, and open doors, for one. A zombie human already "sprints" only a little faster than a living human can run. They're a credible threat, even when out of a necromancer's reach, unlike 34. Although my supposed warriors not immediately breaking and running at the sight of five zombies would be nice.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: July 13, 2014, 07:40:23 pm »

These zombies are more capable than most you would see in our real-life media. They have the dexterity to handle weapons, climb trees, and open doors, for one. A zombie human already "sprints" only a little faster than a living human can run. They're a credible threat, even when out of a necromancer's reach, unlike 34. Although my supposed warriors not immediately breaking and running at the sight of five zombies would be nice.
Good point.
Thankfully, attack speed is no longer directly related with movement speed, so a swift punch to their foot will, most likely, prevent them from sprinting (they'll still crawl at max speed, though).
In fact, punch EVERY enemy in the feet. Or stab. Or bash. Or slice.
Basically, feet are the best target. Especially with heavily-armed foes - hitting them in the foot will probably cause it to "explode in gore", which causes collapse from pain almost all the time.
It's how unarmed adventurers can curb-stomp entire camps.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: July 13, 2014, 07:41:25 pm »

Good point.
Thankfully, attack speed is no longer directly related with movement speed, so a swift punch to their foot will, most likely, prevent them from sprinting (they'll still crawl at max speed, though).
Basically, feet are the best target. Especially with heavily-armed foes - hitting them in the foot will probably cause it to "explode in gore", which causes collapse from pain almost all the time.
I do legs. They are a bigger target.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: July 13, 2014, 07:43:01 pm »

Good point.
I do legs. They are a bigger target.
Legs are larger, yes, but much harder to cause severe pain when hitting with one punch.
Feet and hands, however, explode in gore very easily. Over half of hits from a Proficient or above Striker seem to do so.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: July 13, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »

I found out you can jump at people and cause them to go flying off towers and cliffs. Awesome.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: July 13, 2014, 10:54:19 pm »

Just spent the past hour in some enormous battle outside the fortress I spawned in. Oddly enough, my companion and I were the only dwarves present. Our allies and enemies both consisted of goblins. A goblin administrator knocked me out and broke my hand mid way through, but I survived (thanks to him bleeding out from a bolt I stuck in his throat). Without a weapon I went about the rest of the battle throwing bolts into people, making them pass out, then tearing out their throats with my teeth. The fortress' trade depot is littered with goblin corpses.

As everybody who survived the battle expressed, "It was inevitable."

EDIT:

Travelled away and back to heal my wounds. And it isn't nearly over! Some soldiers from the fort have shown up along with more insurrectionists. This is beautiful! Long live 'The Cause!'
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:03:48 pm by Stealtharcadia »
Yeah yeah yeah!

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: July 14, 2014, 01:17:30 am »

I am going to attempt to overthrow the vampire king of the largest human civ. His reign has destroyed two other civs and he has devoured nearly three-thousand of his subjects over the past century and a half. He killed the rightful king in order to seize power (in his defense the king wanted to be a necromancer) and when the people became suspicious he issued a series of harsh edicts. Before he usurped the throne he was captain of a bandit company.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: July 14, 2014, 03:05:23 am »

Big damn heroes! Or hero, my companions mostly just cowered after I killed the first guy. But, not only did I kill the tyrant, but I also routed a group of bandits who were pillaging the town. All but the first one I killed I got while crawling because the crossbowmen took out my legs. Now I need to find some crutches.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: July 14, 2014, 07:09:26 am »

Fun fact: Those of the "drunk" profession say "Hey... that sounds like a great idea!" when you invite them to join you.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6117 on: July 14, 2014, 11:15:28 am »

Trying to play a 700-year world, wow, necromancers are prolific. The last 200 years must have seen the number of towers quintuple, (true of the other worlds I genned too).

Also, zombies are fucken brutal. Nevermind the insta-pulping hand/foot strikes, that sprinting bit means you can't engage the necromancer even if he's in the same room- yer stuck fighting the zed.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:41:49 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

BillyTheKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: July 14, 2014, 11:46:47 am »

Seeing as the leaders of the human citys lack leaders with guts and glory, I have beeing starting a tour to overthrow every city leader and proclaim myself as the ruler of the entire (only) human civilization.
But I was really surprised, when I started yet another insurrection at an small village, and followed the lord and councilwoman down the stairs. I saw the councilwoman suddenly heavily injured, caused by the lord's WIFE, and she proceeded to terrify me to worrysome levels. I eventually stabbed the lord, and I was letting her finish up the councilhag, and after passing out a bunch of times due to too much choking the throat, she emerged victorious, and automatically joined up with me as my companion, somehow. Guess she wasn't too happy with the relationship.

Due to her impressive virtue in battle I offered her a position as a ruler over one random city, but she declined and said she was not worth the honor. Yet she continues to battle everything that pisses her off, including jumpspider-men that almost killed her while she refused to backdown, even with half her bodyparts red.

From all the companions I had, she is the most badass one I ever met, and she isn't even armed with a weapon. I'm currently looking to find her kidnapped son to pay homeage to her incredible bloodlust, and maybe find some spare equipment I could fit on her. I just hope she doesn't randomly suffocate me while I sleep, haha!

Definitly a nice break from all the other cowards that flee and cry from angry cats.

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: July 14, 2014, 12:07:59 pm »

Every time I enter combat in a civilized area I feel like I'm playing a macabre comedy sketch. Like someone described a benny hill sketch to quentin tarantino and left him alone in a room with no internet connection and a lot of cheap whiskey with the task of recreating it in ASCII.

So I'm wandering around a hillock. Every building I enter there are piles of prone dwarves discussing the inevitability of kidnappings or the terror of beasts. I pick up a few companions, one of whom is a dwarven maceman necromancer (he wants me to lead him to glory and death, naturally), and find the boss of this strangely affectionate little town. My companions all agree about the impending insurrection: "I'm with you on this."

I declare myself the ruler. "That's terrible," the baroness tells me. "It's terrific!" I reply as I plunge my copper sword repeatedly into her face. Two of my companions, the necromancer included, are mortified by my actions. They cower and cry. But not Dodok the swordsdwarf. She gleefully joins me in the carnage, and scores the kill against the baroness. I hastily make everyone in sight with a weapon a hearthsperson, kill a few drunks who are more brave than intelligent, and move on to the next mound, with Dodok faithfully following. My other two companions continue to cower in pants-shitting terror.

I note at this point that Dodok is now a baroness consort. I am a lady. Strange.
I meet another baron. I declare myself the ruler, again, and then proceed to murder him. Dodok does not participate this time. Instead she becomes enraged, and won't say anything but "Waaugh!" She is no longer a baroness consort. Apparently I just made her an accomplice in her husband's murder. She isn't aggressive, but she won't leave her husband's side. When I ask her about our journey together, which has consisted of two murders and walking next-door, she says "This is the life for me."

Meanwhile, one of my other companions has disappeared. Probably killed by one of the surprisingly agile drunks in the previous hole. Dodok won't move. The necromancer macedwarf is still panicking by the first baron's corpse. And everywhere I go angry drunks are slithering about on the floor trying to stab me.

GOTY
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 1103