Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016059 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6435 on: July 28, 2014, 03:37:38 pm »

I tried climbing down the wall of a temple that seemed a bit messed up, somehow lost my grip, fell, and unexpectedly there was lava. You can guess what happened.

Are those temples supposed to have lava? I think that's the first one I've seen that has lava. Although one of the civs dieties is a volcano goddess/god, so.....

Kind of screwed up in that there aren't really any access to the doors below.
Yeah, it's rare, but sometimes temples have lava, salt water, or stagnant water instead of water.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: July 28, 2014, 05:03:56 pm »

I just found a 68 page guide on itself.
edit: I just found an incredibly muscular swordmaster with almost all masterwork items.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:07:22 pm by ICBM pilot »
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

BeardedShrimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: July 28, 2014, 08:09:04 pm »

Buqui, after traveling a long time and many, many days (of just pressing down arrow/left arrow); after sleeping in many hillocks, houses, and  near campfires; got within a short distance of the beast's location. And then he died of thirst.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: July 29, 2014, 01:21:40 am »

Was following a cave, ended up lost in the caverns, until I found magma pool. Its weird I guess you don't even try to swim you just sink.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: July 29, 2014, 11:10:24 am »

Found a fire based titan which seems to be scared of it's own attacks or is scared of fire, or is scared of itself, not sure what is going on.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:14:07 am by smjjames »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: July 29, 2014, 12:13:57 pm »

I generated a small world and let it only get 6 years of history (the only way i can get less than thousands of goblins in dark fortress apparently) so i could play a dark fortress assault instead of just lagging my system trying to just move around those building.

I entered the big building at night, every trolls and goblins were sleeping, though it would have surely be unecessary as with how buggy reaction/emotion are, you can usually freely decimate whole civilisation alone without any individual trying to even defend itself.

After letting dozen of trolls and goblin corpses behind, i finally reached the top of the fortress and found that guy :

The master of the goblin civ, a demon named :

A demon giant kangaroo with pink hairs ! wow :D

And so the silly stabing and slashing started with my copper 2 handed sword, a few hundred of hits landed, bruising, severing nerve, cutting etc... in the head, that wasn't making much sense, but sometime DF2014 damage system can be odd, i did 20 successful hits in the head of a goblin sleeping without managing to kill the poor thing (superior strength and multigrasped the 2 handed sword, i had nothing else in hands) after i grabbed his copper helmet and removed it to be sure there wouldn't be a festival of "deflected".

As despite the huge number of his the demon wasn't still dead (probably the "very fat" was in the head too), i decided to try hit elsewhere

But still the thing wasn't going down anytime, it even seemed bored by talking to me, i was wondering if my character was not going to pass out from exhaustation when for reason i didn't understand, suddenly the overly passive (i hope those reaction/emotion bug will be fixed in next release, that's the worst "gameplay" bug in my opinion, destroy the immersion of the game) demon decided it was enough and

Ouch, that must hurt a bit.

So it looks like the overly passive and lack or reaction/emotion bug that afflict a NPC will stop after you hit them more than a hundred of time.
Probably why i didn't see any npc reacting before, because that's the 1st guy since i play the new version that survived without problems more than a hundred of hits in the head. :D

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:25:53 pm by Robsoie »

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: July 29, 2014, 01:07:48 pm »

With my newest adventurer, I spent countless in game days training, honing my skills in necromancer towers, being a vampire, i could heal nearly all injuries with just a little bit of rest, which also respawned the zombies unless i killed them all, notably.

in preparation for a hydra, who was apparently off the coast. but i went a damn long way across the land to get there, i wasnt gonna be stopped by like 3 world map water tiles, and so i swam to the island where it resided. it was not in its lair or underground, (whichever it was supposed to be in, there were entrances for both such locations) instead it was on the surface. after heading down all the way to the underground, i realized it wasnt there, headed back up, and it was right next to the entrance just to taunt me, and as soon as i saw it. it BOLTED. ran into the distance, trying to get as far away from me as possible. and it was FAST. i was a vampire with max agility, and i had to go into full blown sprint to outrun it. and, it didnt even fight back as i slowly hacked its necks off till it bled out. it only kept running. i have to say, i am disappointed. i mean that was an INTERESTING challenge. but i didnt come to this island to race megabeasts. i came here to engage in epic combat with them.

and finally died, crossing the ocean on the other side, as i stood upon a glacier, it suddenly melted, and then immediately refroze, encasing me in ice. what the hell game?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:33:10 pm by random_odd_guy »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:00 pm »

Theres some wierdness with frozen oceans and maybe glaciers as you travel over them.

With the demon, yeah they're cowardly for some reason, but hurt them enough to make them enraged and they'll definetly attack you.

Miharu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: July 29, 2014, 05:16:21 pm »

for some reason I just lost it when I saw this happen  8)

IRON_GAUNTLET

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: July 29, 2014, 06:24:21 pm »

haha, I would lead him to glory and death without problems. Well mostly death actually. I had been trying to reach my abandoned fortress in my adventure, and came across abandonded human citys in which only goblins seem to live. They walked out and surrounded me, asking me to yield. I only said "You first, coward!" and started to hack one of them into the stomach, on which all of them promptly were overcome with horror and started to run away. I felt pretty badass and started to chase them.

The journey ends here, because one of the fleeing goblins was an archer and while fleeing had shot an arrow into my arm, which knocked me out instantly, and while I was defenseless on the ground he fired another one in my head which struck me down.

:/ That wasn't glorious at all. But atleast my companions would have been proud about the deathpart though.
bay12: the place where the simulated mass murder of children is acceptable and even encouraged, but a demographic survey is controversial.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: July 29, 2014, 06:44:36 pm »

I walked all through a mountain range to reach a night's creature lair with my two loyal followers. In the way I met 2 night creatures and promptly dispatched them, but I wanted the mother of them all. I reached her lair, but found just her mate. I let my two companions kill him, and after some time I got into a small village. As soon as I cross a bridge 5 goblins ambush me. They don't say anything, but surround me and ask for a surrender. My answer was to cut the head of their leader. The other goblins fled. I tried to run after them but they were faster; I took my spear and threw it at the last goblin, hitting his head and killing him.

Just reporting the first time bandits surrounded me. It is awesome.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: July 29, 2014, 07:30:09 pm »

While I was attacking a Dark Fortress, I got in a fight with a goblin crossbowman. She shot me in the leg, and I kicked her in the neck. Her neck was smashed into her body, and her upper spine was severely damaged. Yet, she still managed to roll away from me when I attacked her again. She continued to put up a fight until I gibbed one of her hands. She passed out, but still took a long time to die because my crappy wooden spear (I played as an elf, for some reason) couldn't get through her armor. Then a gobbo pikeman stabbed me in the foot, I passed out, and that was that.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: July 29, 2014, 08:29:36 pm »

Having attained uber tier adventurers with minimal effort several times in a row, in vanilla even, I decided to try out something different. Becoming a kobold for once, using a mod that lets you play as one, i started witha  loincloth and a silver shortsword, though i had proficient in swords, so i went to the nearest mead hall, snuck in, walked up behind the lady, and choked her out and stabbed her in the head about 30 times with noone noticing, and then declared myself the new ruler, again, noone saw me kill her, so i met no opposition. This was the first thing I did. I think I'm getting too good at this game...

edit: i just got ambushed by a pack of giant! dingos, ran behind a tree, began stealthing, snuck behind them, and backstabbed them to death one by one, none of noticed anything even as they were  passing out. this is one badass kobold ive got here, she's already got a title
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:48:40 pm by random_odd_guy »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: July 30, 2014, 06:12:37 am »

Goblin ambushes are really not what they used to be.
I had a companion , when in the world map i spotted a * near a goblin site , things like these being troops, i decided to go stealth and move to the location.
And it was "ambush".

My companion took a bolt and dropped unconscious directly (bone chipping = unconscious) , while i moved close to a goblin lasher , was lucky to have a bolt blocked with my shield (looks like my stealth was seen through by goblin crossbow carriers) and stabbed the lasher (that was not even caring to react) enough to get it bleeding to death.

Despite having still much superior numbers (and a couple of crossbow) , the goblins ... ran away in terror

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: July 30, 2014, 11:01:08 am »

In my 34.11 world, my Dwarven Vampire Necromancer has been surrounded by 8 campfires that were made days ago. He still hasn't gotten out while there is a pack of hyenas waiting for me.
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1103