Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015181 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6600 on: August 23, 2014, 03:06:33 pm »

Made the mistake of killing some goblins at the edge of a dark fortress before heading to the centre. Now it's running at less than 1fps and I can't fast travel without walking out of here, and I don't want to think of how long that would take.
dark fortresses doesn't allow you to fast travel anyway so you're stuck walking your way back out if you aggro or not aggro the site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: August 24, 2014, 05:09:18 am »

I had a conversation with a six-year-old child. He said he has a younger sister who fought a night troll four years ago and escaped unscathed!
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: August 24, 2014, 05:17:59 am »

I had a conversation with a six-year-old child. He said he has a younger sister who fought a night troll four years ago and escaped unscathed!
children are this versions carp
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: August 24, 2014, 02:53:22 pm »

I cut someone's leg off and they thought that was a bit suspicious.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: August 24, 2014, 06:46:22 pm »

First thing I see in v0.40.10:

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: August 24, 2014, 06:51:50 pm »

I cut someone's leg off and they thought that was a bit suspicious.
If they were dwarves they would blame it on the chicken that died the week before

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: August 24, 2014, 07:11:05 pm »

Was on an elf tree talking with elven folks around when on the south another tree (or part of it) collapsed with some elves falling with it :

Hmm, i think i'll slowly go back to the ground now, elven trees aren't as solid as i thought :D

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: August 24, 2014, 07:57:12 pm »

With a companion i attacked a bandit camp in a snowy area and i started to approach stealth to test if yes or no companions go stealth

And it appeared that no, or at least the goblins saw us coming, because melee happened fast, and despite i was stealth i was spotted soon enough
I managed to kill 3 goblins with my bowman ally filled to death a few with arrows.
The goblin captain shot us, i was badly wounded (an arrow through the head) but my ally managed to shoot the goblin captain enough for him to run away , allowing me to escape.

After travel healing, here's my guy, i was wearing full armor but didn't found a helmet :

I went back to a castle nearby and finally found a iron helmet to replace my stupid cap. I hired 2 more companions there , decided to get back to the goblin camp and finish them.
Unfortunately on the way back we were ambushed by 5 night creatures, a family of "Man of Twilight" , they killed my 3 companions extremely fast despite my bowman ally managed to fill one with a couple of arrow and after resisting a bit thanks to my great armor items , despite my very good hammer skill i couldn't land a single hit, on the opposite they managed to knockout my guy (one was a wrestler that bite my arm off) and killed my character shortly after.

Looks like stealth is not anymore "none see me ever", good point.

Now will have to test more with higher ambusher skill (and no companion giving us away) to see how it still work with enemy reaction

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: August 24, 2014, 10:25:25 pm »

i decided that i had best run from these undead i wasent getting anywhere but then i decided to turn around and fight as there were only a few chasing me when i decided to run again i was immediately smashed in the hand and punched in the head

ive never seen this before some of these goblins are awake and others arent

oh these guys have armor thats why i couldent do anything to his head i wasent paying much attention just 1 chop to the neck killed him though

i took a wound to the upper arm and lost my shield im fighting a lasher without a lash and a ringleader pikeman i have a crosbow dwarf ally around here somewhere

i tried to fall back to where i think my ally is but now my legs fucked im gonna have to stand and fight (well lay and fight)

its a very high quality pike im being stabed with if i survive this im gonna give it to the first pikeman i recruit

gremlins well thats odd i guess this might have something to do with things auctualy climbing to get places now

well the gremlin wasent hostile to me but it was to my companion who is a fellow hearthperson i doupt he has any grudges angainst them so peasant killing we go (the gremlin told me it was a peasent)

i have arived at an interesting moment im just gonna sit here and let that night creature tear these undead apart
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:57:36 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: August 25, 2014, 06:53:56 am »

The animals from Lion King made it to the wrong event: Me bashing an innocent(?) wandering hammerman.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: August 25, 2014, 09:54:52 am »

Climbed on the top of the goblin dark fortress of the region, surprising considering he has only "Novice" at Climber and the walls were rather high on several Z levels.
All this while the goblins inside could be heard talking

Unfortunately goblin sites are still so slow it is not really playable.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:57:15 am by Robsoie »

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: August 27, 2014, 06:33:23 pm »

I killed a bandit group that had been harassing a town (the leader escaped, so I didn't get credit) and then I went to another bandit camp at night across a huge river, killed all 10+ goblins at the camp with spear jabs to the throat (my upper spine was bruised but I got better on the way back) and discovered their stockpile of tens of thousands of coins. I grabbed all the coins, went back across the river (almost drowning in the process), and found my home hamlet. I --

Baron Samedi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: August 28, 2014, 07:29:26 am »

I had just finished tracking down a Titan to its shrine, and had prepared epic music for the upcoming battke when suddenly I see a wave of smoke, or dust or something expanding outward from the shrine. I keep moving sneakily trying to avoid detection, I see corpse chunks everywhere but no titan. Thats when I decide to look at the corpse chunks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I went into Legends and found this. Goddamn priceless.
It died by falling over. Then exploded.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:57:08 am by Baron Samedi »
hopefully my grand soapmaker will go nuts and make a coffin made out of soap.....
That menaces with spikes of kobold bone.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: August 28, 2014, 08:02:56 am »

As you mention titan and smoke, i'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with shrines.
Every single time my character discovered a shrine and entered the zone, there was always a lot of smoke as if something fell on the ground.
I never had the titan dead though, they were still there in their shrines.

I wonder if the game isn't spawing them wrongly in air (and so they fall) or spawning them on a tree or column that fall.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:04:47 am by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 1103