Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995041 times)

Forrest

• Bay Watcher
  • The doctor is in.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6735 on: September 18, 2014, 03:49:14 am »

Living in caves, eating elk bird, large rat, and crundle, while selling the skin and bones for new equipment :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: September 18, 2014, 03:51:11 am »

This dog isn't my player character this dog is some random npc that decided to tag along with my character.
Who along with several other animals 4 that are named have join in and help me take over dusk elves territory.

it seems like I got the good end of the animals favor.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

blazing glory

« Reply #6737 on: September 18, 2014, 05:45:37 am »

People in Extreme Pain take a while before they drop, use the (L)ook command to look at him and see if he's in pain or not.

Amount of time it takes before they fall-over also count on how many bones are broken.

It can take anytime between 5 to 25 rounds before someone falls over from pain.

Then why do I collapse immediately from a broken finger? I mean, I get how it's supposed to work, but then I fire up a game and see how it actually happens.

My best explanation is that the pain slows you down so one move takes several turns, making it seem like your falling over 2 turns after.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: September 18, 2014, 10:16:25 am »

My character , talented level in his fighting and weapon skills, along 2 companions went into a fight with a goblin roaming party.
I faced alone a goblin with a flail and a shield, while i had warhammer and shield on my side, both of us having iron weapon.

Easily a hundred without exaggerating attacks that the goblin parried or jumped away, couldn't believe it, while he managed to hit me a couple of time (but fortunately everytime deflected by my armor each), and out of the blue he got a lucky strike and crushed my feet.
That made me go unconscious immediately.

Fortunately for me my 2 companions finally accepted to jump in the battle and saved my hide.
No idea how they ever managed to beat him, my character is having much higher skills than them (as i had to save their skin from alligators several times already during our travels), and considering the goblin blocked and jumped away from every of my talented strikes, i can't imagine such a goblin losing against those 2 companions.
And unfortunately the announcement didn't list their combat, only me going unconscious due to pain, regaining consciousness and giving in to pain again half a dozen of time

Is there something i am missing ? i can't make sense of them defeating that goblin if he had such very high skill enough to block hundred of my strikes.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:18:25 am by Robsoie »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: September 18, 2014, 03:41:04 pm »

My character , talented level in his fighting and weapon skills, along 2 companions went into a fight with a goblin roaming party.
I faced alone a goblin with a flail and a shield, while i had warhammer and shield on my side, both of us having iron weapon.

Easily a hundred without exaggerating attacks that the goblin parried or jumped away, couldn't believe it, while he managed to hit me a couple of time (but fortunately everytime deflected by my armor each), and out of the blue he got a lucky strike and crushed my feet.
That made me go unconscious immediately.

Fortunately for me my 2 companions finally accepted to jump in the battle and saved my hide.
No idea how they ever managed to beat him, my character is having much higher skills than them (as i had to save their skin from alligators several times already during our travels), and considering the goblin blocked and jumped away from every of my talented strikes, i can't imagine such a goblin losing against those 2 companions.
And unfortunately the announcement didn't list their combat, only me going unconscious due to pain, regaining consciousness and giving in to pain again half a dozen of time

Is there something i am missing ? i can't make sense of them defeating that goblin if he had such very high skill enough to block hundred of my strikes.
I like to take it as that goblin can block 1 person well but can't block 2 people well, also all you need is one good shot.
"body swapping and YOU!"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: September 18, 2014, 06:55:38 pm »

I started with my own race's civ, a small civ of human-sized baby snatchers. The first two days were spent leaving my starting cave (as in, kobold style, hanging out by a river) and finding somebody important enough to give me the details of a quest, a criminal organization in a town 'one day away'.  Two days of travel and a tomb raid later I arrived with steel mail and a pick as a military skill.

For some reason my civ is spitting 'n/a' at people.  I guess I didnt give them the spit material?  A small detail.

But I did learn you can talk people down.  I convinced an ambush to back off me.

---

Hey, can I ask how you guys know who is killing what why and on which side a specific dude is?  These insurrections and raids confuse me and I usually lag behind my companion(s) and hope they know who to kill.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:42:55 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: September 19, 2014, 09:28:56 am »

My character put a lot of goblin bandits out of their buggy misery and decided to report in a hillock that had a sheriff and a drunk.
To my surprise i had only "it was inevitable" to the dozen of reports i did (i expected some "murderer!" and spitting on me as half of the time bandit relationship with factions is so broken that everyone is happy friends)

Then i decided to wait a bit and observe the "dialogues" between my companions and the sheriff + the drunk to see if something funny could be generated.
But unfortunately no, it started relatively well with some usual report about beasts and bandits etc... but after a while it sadly degenerated into this nonsense

I hope dialogues will be improved if the game spend so much time at spamming them, because in this situation, it is sad but not unexpected.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: September 19, 2014, 10:01:37 am »

Killed 58 people and took the title of lord from the site, as two armies march towards the site I now own.

One is from a civ I am a member of.

One is from a goblin civ.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: September 19, 2014, 10:03:11 am »

I wonder if you promote some people that are living in your site up to hearthperson they will actually fight to defend your site or if it's not yet implemented (or plain broken)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: September 19, 2014, 10:20:17 am »

I wonder if you promote some people that are living in your site up to hearthperson they will actually fight to defend your site or if it's not yet implemented (or plain broken)
I dont know.  I waited a week for my army to show up on site, but they never came so I did it myself.  I guess I will wait and see if the gobos come, but its in the middle of a desert and water is much scarcer now.

This new version is hard to do.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: September 19, 2014, 10:28:20 am »

Looks like army moving are very bugged, i see in the errorlog.txt messages like these :
camp order missing parent -- army will camp forever

And if you move into a bandit or army * in the world map (without being the one ambushed) , chances are that everyone is sleeping and will never wake up.
Very buggy unfortunately.

I found a goblin site in which lag was still playable, the tower was empty and in the bottom of that tower there was a stair down to their pits.
I explored a bit an ran into the place they hold their trolls.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guess sneaking in will be hard, but it's not like the trolls are really hostile, they even have jobs and i even spotted some goblins that are shooting bolts at their trolls and the trolls do not try to kill them in retaliation.
I hope Toady will move a bit more toward those broken relationships/reactions between NPC in the upcoming releases.

edit : oh yeah, it's very bad
a bit over thirty trolls were killed, all of them in the view of nearly everyone, and not a single time any troll decided to attack me, only the trolls i hit first will react, assuming my first strike didn't put them unconscious.
Funny but i observed a Troll Hunter (nearly all of them have jobs) and went into a crossbow shooting contest with a goblin that had a crossbow too.
The Troll Hunter was luckier and killed the goblin, still didn't went hostile to me with all the trolls corpses i left around
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:02:55 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: September 19, 2014, 01:31:23 pm »

Cleared completely that big troll nest

observations :
Stealth is still extremely powerful, as even if after clearing the troll nest my Ambusher skill is through the roof, when i started it was much lower and still none tried to fight me at any time, unless i hit them first.
Only the Trolls that had no job are fighting back when attacked (at least the ones that weren't put to unconsciousness in 1 hit).
Not a single of the Trolls with job fought back (sounds so odd to have so many Trolls with jobs ..) , the one not put unconscious in 1 hit were only able to run away.
Not a single troll have ever reacted when i killed a troll in his sight, even when myself was in hit sight too, no running and even less trying to help their fellow trolls.

The only challenge was to avoid fighting near the pits to avoid a random "jump away ... oops" , but that was easy to move away and bring the fight in safer zones as none would come to help the troll fighting you anyways.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: September 19, 2014, 01:59:01 pm »

Stealth is very broken.  In addition to the bonuses you get for 'silent attacks', creatures dont appear to use any other sense to find you than eyes.

Neutrals dont respond well to stealth kills.  They see somebody die, right in front of them (with a dabbling sneaker right i front of them) and then run off in a direction.  When they hit a wall, they stop to stare at it blankly.

Also, night creature didnt use its nose to find me after it maimed me and I crawled away.
PKs DF Mod!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: September 19, 2014, 01:59:55 pm »

I hope dialogues will be improved if the game spend so much time at spamming them, because in this situation, it is sad but not unexpected.
like the ability to modify them. Because so far having seen that the mechanics allows the other person 2 options either be yes or no, and their basic AI defaults to no for reasons, I guess is that they are 'no historical having nobodies' that have 'ties to the world' thus stuff like that doesn't matter to them, the inevitable is the no family comment.  so you're better off asking first if the person has a family before bragging about feats to at least get a better chance at a reply.
"body swapping and YOU!"

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: September 20, 2014, 04:09:40 am »

In one of my worlds I found a cave occupied by about a dozen human soldiers. According to legends viewer some group decided to 'reclaim' it, which from what previous civ that has abandoned it i have no idea. It's interesting because I don't recall anything about caves being settled by humans.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 1103