Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019371 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7050 on: October 20, 2014, 08:23:57 am »

It's possible it was a goblin occupied fort, and relationships are screwy right now.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: October 20, 2014, 11:22:58 am »

On my way to a dwarfen fort i stumbled across a goblin army of  a good dozens including overlord camping outside. Of course i couldnt resist and took 'care of them' after arriving at the forts trade depot and reporting this to the local trader he promptly spit at me and started grieving after those goblins.
Yeah..what? O.o

Took 'care of' taht traitor as well. Let's see waht comes next...
Goblins hate everything on world, in some degree, but they are tolerating everything too... to some point. Some goblins are just joining into dwarven ranks, just because, common dwarves life is better than common goblin life even when you can't eat these elf legs...
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: October 20, 2014, 11:26:37 am »

On the other hand those peticular Goblins were clearly marked as hostile as opposed to the fort they were camping outside of. So. *Shrugs*

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: October 20, 2014, 03:47:18 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg5742005#msg5742005

She managed to patch herself up. It taked hour. When she tried to escape by hole, which she used to jump into room, wall was too smoth. Only exit was where beast goed.

Slowly, in completly darkness, she was exploring place. After some time, she found a spear, bronze one, encrusted using bones. After really long time, she managed to find cross with upstairs. There was hatch, she was climbing straight up...

Corpse lord was lying on ground. There was slab too. And many other corpses around, not moving. She was terryfied, she smeeld she's dead. And she heard something is comming, heading to doors. She come back to hatch, ready to flee, and... child show up, crying... Covered in many bruises... Then his arm has been riped away. Then his throat... and corpses show up...

She fled down, she came back to some other room, there was hole too! She climbed up, as fast as she was able, but... Corpses was waiting for her... She remebered her trening, stabed corpse into head and jumped away. Then again, and again and corpse falled down. Cold... But second body just charged into her, knocking her back. She jumped away, but it was elf before... Elf body grabed her arm, whe was strugling, but it bited her into other arm...

She managed to stab elf body into neck, and spear jammed in flesh.

Last thing what she remember was pain in her elbow... and a little later,  she was dead...
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: October 20, 2014, 07:20:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hahahahahaha.  but this is why a naked reptile the size of an elf shouldnt try to use a cat to train on.  Legendary warrior kitty.

---

I am playing a nasty little murderer character, and I just traded a dwarf some trinket for all his clothing.  Now a naked dwarf is sitting in the snow-filled market trying to sell me his sunberries.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:12:14 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: October 20, 2014, 08:21:57 pm »

I am playing a nasty little murderer character, and I just traded a dwarf some trinket for all his clothing.  Now a naked dwarf is sitting in the snow-filled market trying to sell me his sunberries.

I found a bug.  If you trade for an item it goes into the most appropriate container, yes?  Well, if you trade away that container in the current deal all the items go into the container before you give it to the other character.

i.e.  I traded my chest for their steel weapon.  They put the steel weapon into the chest and then took the chest, the cheapskate.  I guess merchants are pretty cutthroat, yea?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: October 20, 2014, 08:49:12 pm »

From your mantis bug report though, it sounded like they were putting the container inside itself.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: October 21, 2014, 05:21:19 pm »

Last night I quit after climbing a volcano to get that little 'you have reached the peak of Mount BlahBlah.' message.  I went to climb down and in my haste I didn't read the directions.  He climbed into the crater.
:facepalm:
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: October 21, 2014, 07:47:03 pm »

You can start sneaking right in front of something.  Worth trying if you are getting your arse handed to you sideways :\
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-2693-sneak
PKs DF Mod!

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: October 22, 2014, 08:05:32 am »

Sneaked in a (supposedly) hostile goblin hamlet as a fresh, inexperienced adventurer with no gear but clothes and a dagger. As long as I opened a door into a house, a pair of gobbos inside panicked, and it seems, raised the alarm, so I ran out of there.
Making a few steps on the travel map around the hamlet, I got ambushed by goblins, and started sneaking immediately. However, I was surrounded and couldn't sneak out of there, so I just ran past them, with the goblins giving chase while screaming things like: "A fight? What is going on!?"
Yes, they chased me while being shocked that there is a fight. All the while, the "Look" mode showed that they were not hostile... while trying to attack me.
So, I turned around and grabbed one of the goblins by the axe, wrestling it out of his hands. After that all the gobbos entered the state of "No-quarter" combat and immediately scattered in panic.

I guess emotions and hostilities are still a bit messed up...  :P
(or maybe I didn't pay enough attention...) :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:07:18 am by XArgon »
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: October 22, 2014, 11:47:23 pm »

To try and keep my companions alive I've taken to telling the marksdwarf I recruited to wait outside of lairs and the rotating melee slot to wait a few squares behind me. Once I stack a few attack/defense penalties on the opponent, then I'll bring melee in. Current melee is a drunk I armed with a spear and shield.

If your melee companion fights from the beginning (s)he can help you get side and back attacks, but is usually mangled for the effort because of poor defense and free swinging AI.

One of other odd things that's happened is every time I drop a bag filled with food and water outside a site before engaging, this bag just randomly moves to another location once I come back out.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: October 23, 2014, 10:51:27 am »

To try and keep my companions alive I've taken to telling the marksdwarf I recruited to wait outside of lairs and the rotating melee slot to wait a few squares behind me. Once I stack a few attack/defense penalties on the opponent, then I'll bring melee in. Current melee is a drunk I armed with a spear and shield.

If your melee companion fights from the beginning (s)he can help you get side and back attacks, but is usually mangled for the effort because of poor defense and free swinging AI.

One of other odd things that's happened is every time I drop a bag filled with food and water outside a site before engaging, this bag just randomly moves to another location once I come back out.

How did you arm him? I cant get adv-bodyswap to work with the latest starter pack release. DF hack said it is an un known command.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: October 23, 2014, 11:51:33 am »

How did you arm him? I cant get adv-bodyswap to work with the latest starter pack release. DF hack said it is an un known command.

I just use gui/companion-control (or something), but even then, they have problems equipping, epsecially when they have a container equipped.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: October 23, 2014, 12:29:52 pm »

Buy all containres like pouch, and sell them weapon and then shield. :)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: October 23, 2014, 02:45:47 pm »

I just fought my first  dionaea as an adventurer.  And whats more, as a knife-welding adventurer.

They are my own creation; giant plants made of wood.  They were designed because I like them, and they live in the wetter tropical climates.  They are exotic mounts, are actually on the slow side.

--But that isnt a bad thing.  As an ai they still attack with normal speed, multi-attack regularly, and are so big and have so many extra parts they tend to still shred things up like I would imagine a giant carnivorous plants would; taking a lot of damage and caving in skulls with a vine.  It does like to wrestle, though, and so far Ive avoiding giving it natural skill because that would make it  . . . potent.  IT can learn though.  I gave it slow learner (so for me it learns at a normal rate) and some syndrome bite/fluid.

---

Anywho, I was walking out of a small tomb that wasnt cursed with 2 companions, and he was walking by.  Because it is so slow I didnt confirm if it was hostile before I charged at with with 2 steel boning knives and a buckler equipped; and copper armor.

My second companion (another custom creature) said, 'Another battle ::)  what is it this time?' and walked away.  My longer-term companion; a one armed swordsman, charged with me and wound up grabbed by the plant, who broke his leg and whipped him in the head.

Its been most of the night, and my skill level in kinves has went up to the point when I can unreliably chop off its giant limbs.  Its gotten overtired and can no longer stand.  When I get tired I flee a few tiles away, eat/drink, and wait until I revover, and then walk back over to the crawling monster.

Its not dead yet, but its bleeding pretty hard, and I need to increase the size of its gizzard so it will drop more acid when that gets punctured.

---
So dual knives, fun but not super-effective with the armor and thick skin piercing being so poor.  Probably going to stick with maybe an axe/dagger combo or a whip/axe.
---

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As the monster's strength left it, it could only struggle more and more futilely against the rain of knife strikes that peppered its wooden body.  Soon, it stopped resisting as the green-skinned creature lifted up its massive vines to cut them off, which only resulted in a faster depletion of its yellow life-blood.  With a final bellow, what sounded like a gurgled cry of defeat, the semi-intelligent plant stopped moving.  The only clue it was still alive was the constant and rhythmic pulsing of the blood that ran forth from it.  And the eyes.

The black, pupil-less eyes still shone with a faint light.  The light of a predator, a killer, and an alien to be sure, but a light that could express pain no less.  With a final thrust, the green-skin performed a mercy it could have offered only as natural instinct.  To kill such a monster, 300 years old and growing stronger daily, was a rush, a point of reflection, and worthy of bragging about.  For what else was the life of an adventurer but to brag and kill?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:05:25 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 1104