Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020423 times)

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7125 on: October 30, 2014, 06:14:20 am »

new adventurer :)

this time i did not kill any villagers and went straight into the wilds, i went south, found a nice river, monitored it for a day to make sure it did not freeze at night, it didnt yay!

now i live in a pear tree next to the river, oh and i found a giant mosquito which yielded 64 meat!

now lets see how long i will last, taking swims every day to train, i fail to catch any fish, they are too fast for me.

on a sidenote: it is dangerous here! i got attacked by 2 bandits, while they were closing in a female giant mosquito appeared and she sucked all their blood.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: October 30, 2014, 07:30:16 am »

I genned a very promising world; three volcanoes, dozens of gobbo fortresses, and a plain completely surrounded by mountains and a brook the only sensible way in. I'd embark in it if I played Dwarf Mode, if it weren't for those cannibals in the center. Sounds like a job for an adventurer!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: October 30, 2014, 11:50:26 am »

And companions you tell to "wait here" don't count as present companions?

if you walk to the site they were parked in they pop up in the companion list,
it's not like I'm dismissing them from being a companion just setting their pathing to one spot.
Kinda wonder if the people I talk to would talk about how I have a large party if I ask them in the site than miles away.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: October 30, 2014, 12:02:40 pm »

Note:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: October 30, 2014, 12:35:55 pm »

I must have very bad luck, i have not found any vampire presence rumour in any of the DF2014 worlds i played in.

I'm trying to do that too, except it's an elf vampire that I want to add to my crew. Theres others that I'll have to track down as well.
Are vampires working the same as in fortress mode ?
I mean if you go to sleep while having a vampire in your party, isn't it a bit dangerous ?
Thank you. This idea needs science.

I haven't had any issues with having vampires in the party. Though the two who have been in the group the longest both show as thirsty when I look at them. No idea if they'll attempt to feed or not. Maybe if I walk around a town/hamlet at night.....

Edit: Nope. No idea at what point they'll go and feed though.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:40:06 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: October 30, 2014, 01:36:34 pm »

ARG! Freaking wild goose chase! XD I went to the last known location of this vampire and when I got there, turns out that the vampire is one site over from the PREVIOUS known location on the other side of the damn map! and I'm on a medium sized world.

Got her and also lol, while I was checking about beast rumors, she went and told about the one that is about her being a vampire. XD
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:34:57 pm by smjjames »

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: October 30, 2014, 05:42:28 pm »

tried out jumping today, i saw a cliff, pretty deep with a river.
le me: a mad dash to the edge and then jump off...

it was 10 ish levels down....
after 2 levels i thought shit im going to miss the river and pancake on the river bed.
suddenly a wild barn owl appears in mid air, in my flight path, i fall in the river and the owl goes splat

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: October 30, 2014, 10:00:17 pm »

I must be getting something wrong. The companions I ask to "wait here" still count. AND they still follow me in fast travel.
On a side note, I got mad and raged around a gobbo "city" (pits and fortresses bunched up together in the corner of my home continent). Some of my companions went overboard and got lost in the pits, while I left with two of my original 12 companions. One of whom got killed in an elf and goblin ambush.

And is there a military in goblin fortresses? The only goblins I ran into were workers.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: October 31, 2014, 10:18:25 am »

I must be getting something wrong. The companions I ask to "wait here" still count. AND they still follow me in fast travel.
On a side note, I got mad and raged around a gobbo "city" (pits and fortresses bunched up together in the corner of my home continent). Some of my companions went overboard and got lost in the pits, while I left with two of my original 12 companions. One of whom got killed in an elf and goblin ambush.

And is there a military in goblin fortresses? The only goblins I ran into were workers.
There is.  But they hide.  Or patrol.  You gotta explore.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: October 31, 2014, 10:53:37 am »

they still pop up in your companion list when you tell them to wait, it's not removing them as a companion just ordering them to stop.

now them following you in fast travel seem new, have you tried walking away from them before fast traveling?  It work for me since I can't fast travel in a camp and maybe you're traveling directly next to the person. now if their following you like a group in the travel screen then *Shrug* .
"body swapping and YOU!"

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: October 31, 2014, 11:04:51 am »

you only find them when they think they can kill you.

when your tracking observing skills get higher, you can find them :)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: October 31, 2014, 03:18:33 pm »

suddenly a wild barn owl appears in mid air, in my flight path, i fall in the river and the owl goes splat

You don't mess with the owls.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: November 01, 2014, 08:22:54 am »

now them following you in fast travel seem new, have you tried walking away from them before fast traveling?  It work for me since I can't fast travel in a camp and maybe you're traveling directly next to the person. now if their following you like a group in the travel screen then *Shrug* .

They were waiting in a mead hall and I was outside when I travelled.

I found a couple of swordsgoblins willing to give me a swing just now. I don't really know where they came from. Exploration sucks on a laptop that can't even handle a roguelike.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: November 01, 2014, 09:56:05 am »

They were waiting in a mead hall and I was outside when I travelled.

I found a couple of swordsgoblins willing to give me a swing just now. I don't really know where they came from. Exploration sucks on a laptop that can't even handle a roguelike.

hmm you were not far enough away from them to separate you from them I guess? atleast it's not like they were following you in the travel menu as an separate group.

edit: okay read up on Everest and now motivated to take the new climbing mechanic and tackle the frozen ocean, a huge long winding trek of snow and ice on terrain that could break open and swallow climbers.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:47:10 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: November 02, 2014, 01:19:31 pm »

GEEZE, one of my vampire companions snapped and went berserk with no warning. As I was coming out of a keep area, I saw that one of my companions was flashing the red exclaimation mark, but I didn't see the message and I thought he was just enraged and not berserk.

I'll let the gamelog speak for itself:

You: How are you feeling right now?
Ilum Izrolsas, Human Elite Crossbowman vampire: I cannot stand the world any longer...
You: How's life here?
Ilum Izrolsas, Human Elite Crossbowman vampire: Well, let's see...  we've got the beast and bandits.
You: How are you feeling right now?
Ilum Izrolsas, Human Elite Crossbowman vampire: I'm feel like I'm about to snap.
Tedaz Alaisha, Human Axeman (to Belom Lundauthret Osaquazo Emsi, Human Axe Lord): Hello Belom.  Praise be to Tura Grizzlyfamous.  It really is a pleasure to speak with you again.
Belom Lundauthret Osaquazo Emsi, Human Axe Lord (to Tedaz Alaisha, Human Axeman): Hey.  It is good to see you.  It really is a pleasure to speak with you again.
Ozi Uquuroquoh Mizbo¤imma Kamca, Human Mace Lord (to Ejas Se¤idquab Thrathnu Dirlu, Elf Hammer Lord): Hey Ejas.  It really is a pleasure to speak with you again.
*sound of a tight string snapping*
The Human Mace Lord blocks The flying +®+silver bolt+¯+ with the ®*copper shield*¯!
Ozi Uquuroquoh Mizbo¤imma Kamca, Human Mace Lord: I have a part in this.  There is no need to feel vengeful.
Initially, the fight was using fists, but it quickly escalated to weapons. I added the sound for dramatic effect.

Would be nice to see more warning signs or something or even the reason why a companion goes nuts.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 1104