Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994834 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7710 on: March 06, 2015, 10:23:22 pm »

"Troubles huh, well, there's an army marching on Targetstolen!"

...isn't that YOUR army? What the hell man?

Yeesh, maybe this priest is less crazy.

...well that was a bust.

Screw it, I'm gonna go check out that fortress over there.

*gets down inside, finds a Champion, Baroness, and a Mayor, nobody else, ask the Mayor about troubles, etc, almost ready to leave so I decide to be friendly*

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: March 06, 2015, 11:47:19 pm »

I was playing the Cthulhu mod and was doing quests. I ventured into quest marked cave, cautious of the horrid beast therein. Inside was a...WOLF. I had to fight a whole pack of wolves on the way there, but apparently this wolf is the problem.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: March 07, 2015, 07:38:48 am »

Wolves can kill legendary adventurers...
Behold mortals for we have achived immorality!
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: March 07, 2015, 12:20:25 pm »

The wolf was also on the other side of the pocket world from the quest giver. I also looked it up in legends later and it hadn't ever actually done anything.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: March 07, 2015, 02:52:50 pm »

Oh no! Immoral wolves!
Hide your women!
thincake

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: March 07, 2015, 08:42:09 pm »

Oh no! Immoral wolves!
Hide your women!
Great, I just blew snot out of my nose.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: March 07, 2015, 10:35:23 pm »

So I'm playing an elf, in search of a renegade treant I modded in, when...

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:11:05 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: March 07, 2015, 11:03:03 pm »

Ah, I see you castrated a rat with salt.

Nice going. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't pull that off.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: March 07, 2015, 11:12:10 pm »

Ah, I see you castrated a rat with salt.

Nice going. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't pull that off.

I've only just now realized it was even possible.

And yep, naturally my borrowings from Wanderer's Friend was destined to result in moments like this. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: March 08, 2015, 08:03:12 am »

Seriously folks, even if you don't use the whole mod, the reactions to let you make bone armor/basic weapons are cool as hell, the option to tan hides and make a backpack/waterskin is worth well more than the (free) price of admission, but there are two things that are really amazing about it.

1. You actually have a sort of open-ended built-in quest once you install the mod because once you're strong enough to go find and kill say, a minotaur, you can turn the heart into a balm of strength and "level up", so later on when you find a hydra you've got a better chance of being able to take it down, at which point you can turn the heart into a balm of power and "level up" again! Like the boost from becoming a vampire without the blood drinking requirement or negative stigma from townsfolk! Weee, a major reward for taking down progressively tougher enemies which you now have an all new reason to seek out!

2. You can kill something, skin it, tan the hide, stick said hide in your backpack you made from something else, and later on when you bump into a human tomb or keep or whatnot as a dorf and find yourself disappointed as hell because you just stumbled across a masterwork large iron breastplate to replace the bone one you're wearing... down at the bottom of the wanderer's create list is "resize breastplate"... though I don't know for sure yet how the quality transfers over, I've improved the quality on things like this but not yet found something with high quality to try it on. Still beats the piles of copper crap or no-quality iron you generally encounter in a fortress, and oh hey look at that, a reason to brave traps and mummies for a reward!

Also, I've gelded a goblin with the ground, though I still haven't gotten (and am pretty sure it isn't possible now) a gelding strike while shaking one by the guts with my teeth.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7720 on: March 08, 2015, 08:19:19 am »

That's probably because the guts don't count as the lower body for the purposes of gelding.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: March 08, 2015, 08:35:58 am »

Yeah, I know when you target the guts sometimes you bite the lower body instead, so I was hopeful that there was some toothgnashiness going on so I could get the ultimate screenshot consisting of:

* Knocking someone away and cutting their head off in midair
* Them making some sort of non sequitur about it being annoying to sleep in the dirt or the weather or something
* Their guts remaining in my teeth as they go flying
* Them being gelded in the process

The adventurer I found out you can kill someone with in mid-air after sending them flying was also the one where my biting guts+wearing them as a trophy thing began, but after around 1300 kills she still hasn't gelded someone while shaking them by the guts, though if you could see geldables laying on the ground there would be a trail of severed junk everywhere she's been. She should have a higher gelding skill by now dammit.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:38:00 am by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: March 08, 2015, 11:47:31 am »

Seriously folks, even if you don't use the whole mod, the reactions to let you make bone armor/basic weapons are cool as hell, the option to tan hides and make a backpack/waterskin is worth well more than the (free) price of admission, but there are two things that are really amazing about it.

1. You actually have a sort of open-ended built-in quest once you install the mod because once you're strong enough to go find and kill say, a minotaur, you can turn the heart into a balm of strength and "level up", so later on when you find a hydra you've got a better chance of being able to take it down, at which point you can turn the heart into a balm of power and "level up" again! Like the boost from becoming a vampire without the blood drinking requirement or negative stigma from townsfolk! Weee, a major reward for taking down progressively tougher enemies which you now have an all new reason to seek out!

2. You can kill something, skin it, tan the hide, stick said hide in your backpack you made from something else, and later on when you bump into a human tomb or keep or whatnot as a dorf and find yourself disappointed as hell because you just stumbled across a masterwork large iron breastplate to replace the bone one you're wearing... down at the bottom of the wanderer's create list is "resize breastplate"... though I don't know for sure yet how the quality transfers over, I've improved the quality on things like this but not yet found something with high quality to try it on. Still beats the piles of copper crap or no-quality iron you generally encounter in a fortress, and oh hey look at that, a reason to brave traps and mummies for a reward!

Also, I've gelded a goblin with the ground, though I still haven't gotten (and am pretty sure it isn't possible now) a gelding strike while shaking one by the guts with my teeth.

I like the idea, though for my own version of the mod I've been working on, so far I decided to make the effects of megabeast extracts temporary. It's also now more sensible to have resize reactions that accept a full armor type, like bodywear or footwear instead of separate reactions for each individual type of armor. That's really only due to the new GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT option though. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #7723 on: March 08, 2015, 05:53:02 pm »

So, I spawn in as a new adventurer in a pocket world I just made, and this lady runs up to me complaining about bandits harassing people on the streets. I was planning to just take the town over, but I figured, "What the hell, I've got the time to get rid of a couple of two-bit street punks." I pillage the mead hall to get a full set of iron armor, and recruit two companions to go with me.

I see the asterisk in the fast travel map that represents the bandits in town, and make a beeline for it.
I exit fast travel, and this is the first thing I see.

"Okay, you two, let's do thi- RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!"

This is not a bandit gang, this is a freaking army of bandits!

There are at least thirty bandits in that town.
[Edit: I didn't manage to get a screenshot of all of them at once, but holy shit.]

I manage to flee across a river, leaving my companions in the dust.

I've decided I'll hit up a necromancer tower and then come back.
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #7724 on: March 08, 2015, 06:23:49 pm »

Or not.
I just got ambushed by seven necromancers and killed immediately.
Regards,
Dampe
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1103