Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016475 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7785 on: March 14, 2015, 06:20:18 pm »

All 34 returned to their relatives and multiple armies on the march, what fun!

Oh!

Forgot to ss but I found a dorf thief, this is what transpired:
Code: [Select]
You: Why are you traveling?
Strodno Osmungxuspgas, Thief: I'm going to Menacedstretch in search of work, and wealth and pleasures beyond measure!
You: You look like a mighty warrior indeed.
Strodno Osmungxuspgas, Thief: For forty-five of my years, I have been rescuing lost children and bringing them back to the wilds. I have taken down three dwarves while stalking Groupgems.

So uh... npcs rescue kids, even if it sounds kinda like they might be setting up bandit gangs, it's hard to tell, but yeah, never seen that before.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:38:34 pm by Max™ »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: March 14, 2015, 06:36:42 pm »

Forgot to ss but I found a dorf thief, asked why they were traveling, said they were off to a goblin pit for "riches and pleasures beyond measure", when I asked about their profession they say they've been rescuing kids and bringing them to safety in the wilds for years?
Kill him, he's a snatcher. Or let him live and let him kidnap more children for you to rescue.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: March 14, 2015, 06:39:39 pm »

Forgot to ss but I found a dorf thief, asked why they were traveling, said they were off to a goblin pit for "riches and pleasures beyond measure", when I asked about their profession they say they've been rescuing kids and bringing them to safety in the wilds for years?
Kill him, he's a snatcher. Or let him live and let him kidnap more children for you to rescue.
Ohhh, is he a snatcher? Well hell, never caught one in transit, he was heading for a nearby pit but I lost him when I was crossing a river that he didn't have to stop for.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: March 14, 2015, 06:43:19 pm »

I just had a a long conversation with a local peasant about the weather, their family and the inevitability of life.
All while holding a severed goblin hand in my mouth.

I was hoping to see something like:
"Mmmph hm hmmph fhhm hmph?"
"You are a killer. You are also a pleasure to speak with."
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: March 14, 2015, 06:53:41 pm »

Oh god that would be amazing, nobody comments on the guts in my mouth, I just leave them til I spill someone else's and bite them off. Hell, I was telling a friend about how fun it is using the wanderer mod stuff to turn a dragon into a cloak, some bone armor, rings and amulets, and buffing items and showed an SS of my collection...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All masterwork after slaving over heaps of gutted monsters and leaving behind mysterious piles of gore and really nice-but-not-flawless jewelry.

So he's like "I hope Mastrod didn't mind that you took his guts btw"... 'Wait what, who is Mastrod... oh, do I have guts in my teeth still? How embarrassing.'

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: March 15, 2015, 03:21:08 am »

Screw it I'll bump it because this is pretty cool, so after bringing my horde of kids back home safely I went rampaging and exploring and trying to track down some of the various armies on the march.

Then I see word that the army of the lady I just crippled (Arstrux Missingherlimbsandguts or something) was marching on one of the towns I had just recently dropped kids off at, so I head there and start evacuating people (had to make a macro, yeesh, got 93 companions so far) and then I bump into one who had been around when I returned the kids and get this:
My name precedes me?

Awesome.

Shortly before this I had a moment of ultimate badassery which I almost want to try to turn into a Kisat Dur move, how do you disarm someone in a more dramatic fashion than tackling them and their squad with a flying leap?
You catch their sword with one hand and hack their arm off with the axe in your other hand to maintain possession of it. Booyah.

Oh yeah, I made a dorf named Bokbon Heartbroken the Romantic Island of Beasts... Bokbon being translated as "Heathers" in this case, Vanod tribute and such. Decided to dfusion a baby out of her but she spit out boys the first two times before finally making a girl I can hack to be a child and take control of and I didn't realize that the two boys didn't have a language assigned for their names... so I bump into a tent with uh...

...whatever that hell that is.

I waited an hour and tried to talk to one before they fell back asleep but it didn't work so I just kept playing with the convo options...

Then I see that besides asking about my mom I can ask about "a dwarf" and the weird convo got even weirder.

...glad nobody awake saw that.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #7791 on: March 16, 2015, 12:47:36 pm »

So...in one of my most recent adventures I've decided to do an experiment on how quickly I'd be able to wipe out an elf retreat as a necromancer.
It wasn't pretty.

I took this after I had gone back to that forest retreat as another adventurer. The thing right below me is a peach-faced lovebird person zombie (peach-faced lovebird people are really common in my world, for some reason).
Most interestingly IMO is that after I went back there it seems some elves had survived and are fighting the zombies I left there - to obvous results.
A hamlet I had taken over as the necromancer also got it's unintentional zombie problem, due to abandoning zombies being somewhat difficult, so I just left them at the streets. The place was a complete warzone - due to being inhabitated by one of my custom races which has an innate fireball-throwing ability. Majority of the houses were inaccessible due to fire, those that were were covered with smoke, also didn't help that the local organization was trying to quell an uprising that my character and his companions had joined (atleast I think that's what it was - some soldiers along with with a tame donkey and water buffallo followed me on the map and attacked me later on).

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: March 16, 2015, 03:34:24 pm »

I've gathered ten of the best archers in the world! Four crossbowmen and six bowmen stand behind me as I cut down bandits and monsters. Problem is, they're completely useless. Everyone just dodges or blocks the bolts and arrows. So, I decided to run a hydra straight into them. As they fired, the hydra dodged most of the shots, except one steel bolt from a dwarf. That got his foot. So I ran and made the hydra follow me, but a crossbowman grabbed his crossbow and started wailing on the hydra's upper body. He was turned into a pile of mush in a few seconds and six bites. My one elf kept continuously dodging bites, until I decided to decapitate him from behind while sneaking. This left me with just the dwarf and a human bowman. I cut off a leg, somehow, with my longsword. Then, I stabbed about five times at the upper body, scoring a lung shot and a heart shot. It fell to the ground and bled out. As I made my way into the nearby town, I got the ambush notification. But there was nothing there, other than me and my companions. I waited for about a minute, yet nothing happened. Suddenly, a steel bolt struck me in the chest. My companions had gone turncoat! The human ran up and kicked me, and before I could strike back, another steel bolt buried itself into my right leg, fracturing the bone. I sat their, becoming a bruise covered pincushion, until I finally got up. I gutted the both of them, stabbing repeatedly in the upper and lower bodies. I left them there to bleed out, and continued to the mead hall. I picked up a few companions, mostly lashers and axemen. After about an hour of adventuring, I get another ambush. My two former companions had returned. In an unexpected efficiency, they scored headshot after headshot on my new companions. I pulled out my second shield, wielding one in each hand, and approached them. As I got close, I threw a shield, pulled out my sword, and decapitated the human. The dwarf shot me in the left leg, I passed out. With one shot, he killed me. For some reason, these two companions had it out for me and anyone associated with me. I guess my sudden betrayal of that elf caused them to gain a vendetta against me.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: March 16, 2015, 05:32:31 pm »

Your ex-companions wanting -and- really trying to get revenge for one of them that you murdered is rather impressive from the NPC considering usually in 40.x everything is a shade of passivity and "inevitable".
Must be a joy to see reactions making so much sense in that specific moment.

But are you sure you never attacked on purpose or accidentally hit a single domestic animal between the hydra and your ex-companions starting to ambush you ?
I remember there was an old problem (that was still in the early 40.x versions, but i never tried in recent ones to see if the problem was still existing) in which everyone, close friend or neutral would suddenly try to murder you if you hit a hen

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: March 16, 2015, 05:34:25 pm »

Your ex-companions wanting -and- really trying to get revenge for one of them that you murdered is rather impressive from the NPC considering usually in 40.x everything is a shade of passivity and "inevitable".
Must be a joy to see reactions making so much sense in that specific moment.

But are you sure you never attacked on purpose or accidentally hit a single domestic animal between the hydra and your ex-companions starting to ambush you ?
I remember there was an old problem (that was still in the early 40.x versions, but i never tried in recent ones to see if the problem was still existing) in which everyone, close friend or neutral would suddenly try to murder you if you hit a hen

A hen? Please. I slaughter my way through anything not attached to a civ. I've probably depopulated many areas by killing anything on sight. I'm [PRONE_TO_TRANQUIL_RAGE]
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: March 16, 2015, 08:53:45 pm »

I notice an elf lady seated by herself, staring dejectedly into the distance:

You: How are you feeling right now?
Ameli Imimirima, Swordsman: I am separated from Quathari Rinseddrink.  I cannot give in to sadness.
You: How have things been?
Ameli Imimirima, Swordsman: A few years ago, my niece Quathari Rinseddrink was kidnapped from Embracebearded by Arstruk Poisonstraps.
You: Join me and we'll bring Quathari back home!
Ameli Imimirima, Swordsman: I have no interest in your objectives.

Despite this, she still constantly moans about Quathari being gone.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: March 16, 2015, 08:55:30 pm »

I notice an elf lady seated by herself, staring dejectedly into the distance:

You: How are you feeling right now?
Ameli Imimirima, Swordsman: I am separated from Quathari Rinseddrink.  I cannot give in to sadness.
You: How have things been?
Ameli Imimirima, Swordsman: A few years ago, my niece Quathari Rinseddrink was kidnapped from Embracebearded by Arstruk Poisonstraps.
You: Join me and we'll bring Quathari back home!
Ameli Imimirima, Swordsman: I have no interest in your objectives.

Despite this, she still constantly moans about Quathari being gone.

She's probably just so dejected, she doesn't want to give herself hope.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: March 16, 2015, 09:23:12 pm »

Just visited the tiniest town I've seen since human towns were back in the game. It wasn't just a bunch of vacant blocks, it exactly 2 blocks. One block had cathedral, shrine, warehouse and a clothing imports. Everyone in the town was packed into that building. The only other block was a market. Why a market in a town this tiny? The keep's dungeon had no loot, no bandits, just 3 levels of nothing. The catacombs at least had a few choice pieces; between that and the warehouse I managed full leather coverage, iron helm and boots. It sounds like the place to go is the dwarven empire a day to the north.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: March 16, 2015, 11:21:16 pm »

A hen? Please. I slaughter my way through anything not attached to a civ. I've probably depopulated many areas by killing anything on sight. I'm [PRONE_TO_TRANQUIL_RAGE]

That's the comical angle of this problem, your characters can murder most npc without them even trying to fight back, but hit a hen and the bloodthirsty fury of a whole (previously ultra-pacifist) civilisation is unleashed on you .

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: March 17, 2015, 11:46:45 am »

Something happened to a number of cities about a year before my adventure began that turned them into ruins. Legends mode doesn't say anything at all about it, Legends Viewer says "UNKNOWN" as usual.

I walked into a ruin that I thought was my own civ's, but turned out to be a neighboring civ's. There was no rubble, no beasts running amok, just a peaceable population milling about chatting. The vampires there were maintaining their masquerade like good citizens of a vampire-ruled nation. No local organization, so no one could talk about the local leader, and the markets were empty.

When I walked into the keep, it was packed full of lords and ladies. There as even a law-giver there, and I figured out that it was every single ruler of that nation, all in one abandoned, lawless, unadministered city. I could claim the whole place and execute any of them who didn't pledge allegiance. Unfortunately I didn't possess a decent weapon, nor weapon skill, and I doubt I could wrestle them all, so I'll just have to come back later.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1103