Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021131 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8340 on: May 21, 2015, 03:59:47 pm »

I consider hydras the most difficult megabeast. This particular adventurer has killed ~300 (semi)megabeasts and counting.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: May 21, 2015, 04:12:18 pm »

Even with all the changes I made they're not quite the most difficult but they're definitely up there.

Since dragons don't show up underground in wanderlust they make better use of their flying, hydras tend to hang out underground and still take a long time.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: May 21, 2015, 04:30:52 pm »

Incidentally, having not had much opportunity to mess with them, do hydras regenerate ancient-greece style?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: May 21, 2015, 04:51:25 pm »

Incidentally, having not had much opportunity to mess with them, do hydras regenerate ancient-greece style?

Higher than normal natural healing rate, but no outright regeneration.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: May 21, 2015, 04:55:10 pm »

Darn/ohthankgod.

In other news, my current adventurer; "McNinja" Rungmurders the sneaky wrestler, just got the title "The Dishonest Silence" by sneaking around behind and strangleshanking each individual member of a bandit gang. Also, a pikeman got off a heavy strike on my head and shattered the skull, but my followers somehow managed to save me before he got a finisher off.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: May 21, 2015, 06:58:37 pm »

While you were unconscious they performed open dwarf surgery.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: May 21, 2015, 07:13:10 pm »

On the pikeman. My head was still screwed up, and I had other people's limbs all over me when I woke up.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: May 21, 2015, 07:49:46 pm »

On the pikeman. My head was still screwed up, and I had other people's limbs all over me when I woke up.

Goblin beer. Not even once.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: May 21, 2015, 08:35:52 pm »

Dwarven beer, actually. Apparenly they brew it at around 300 proof, not good for any other living thing.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: May 21, 2015, 10:02:59 pm »

That's 150% alcohol for those who are wondering.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: May 22, 2015, 12:08:44 am »

S'why dwarves never, ever get colds.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: May 22, 2015, 02:07:51 am »

Is there anything to do in the caverns except kill boring monssters and talk to humanoids?

I've considered bringing one cave tribe against another...
One wheel short of a wagon

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: May 22, 2015, 03:32:48 am »

You can use the dwarven roads for long-distance travel, if you like.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: May 22, 2015, 08:37:59 am »

Find a dwarven road, huh... I need to travelsouthwest. A LONG way south west. Thanks.
One wheel short of a wagon

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: May 22, 2015, 03:33:16 pm »

THAT WAS TOO CLOSE
I just went into the tunnel beneath the local fortress' trade depot on my outsider elven peasant adventurer; I was looking for a draltha or two to drag to the surface so I could trade their meat for more gear
I crept in there, with legendary+13 ambushing, though I wasn't on the ground
I went in there, and a few tiles in, I saw yellow !s behind the way i came in
I went fowards and to the side a little in case it was coming to me, and the worst thing that I possibly could've encountered aside from an unluckily-genned FB came after me

a giant cave spider

lucky for me I had superelven agility, but even that and sprint wouldn't have saved me by itself; first I moved away from it, then its first hit missed me; then I jumped twice to get away from it and avoid its attacks; I actually had to escape PAST the spider to reach the exit; I then promptly ran like a madman towards the surface at my lightning speed of 1.862/4.081
I was lucky the fiend didn't shoot any webs and that he missed; else I would've been a goner no matter how good my gear was
currently, and at the time, he was wearing a copper breastplae high boots gloves -greaves- a <<bismuth bronze>> mail shirt and a bronze helm a wolf leather quiver and a chicken leather hood, as well as the default weapons

what probably gave me away was the eagle leg in my teeth and the blood spatters on my person from the hunting that I did that day; and to top it all off it was almost sunset as well; so I had to fast travel outta there after I reached the surface or else risk getting my head bit off or bleeding to death, as well as risk a visit from the bogeyman if I didn't get back fast enough(although now that I think about it I had at least an hour left)

as well, contrary to what the wiki said; I did NOT get an announcement that said I saw a GCS when I saw it; I'll let someone else change that on the wiki I guess
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:03:11 pm by Garn »
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1104