Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995193 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8355 on: May 22, 2015, 03:48:24 pm »

Yeah, I never get Adventurer alerts for GCSes.
Killed six though. That was one badass vampire.
thincake

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: May 23, 2015, 12:09:04 am »

I found an interesting enough bug
after generating the shop bug where you can only use a trading depot the first time you see it then after you leave and come back you can't go there again

I retired at the fortress(has both dwarves and goblins and is called dwarven) and then continued the same guy, so he was only retired for ~15 days at the fortress; when I came back the fortress had a completely different layout the elf bird corpses were still at the entrance of the mountain tunnels(they were there when i retired) and the mountain tunnels were partially redesigned too with a 3x3 hole in the center of the start of them leading down to the new redesigned fortress
to my suprise, in the trade depot, it wasn't much different with the old table with items there on the left side, except that now it was devoid of people and there was a new place north of the center area of the trade depot without a table; all the people who would normally be at the original table were instead there, without a table, and there was a whole new batch of stuff without a table blocking its ability to be picked up, and they had $$ signs around them too; however there were some items outside of the 5x5 area where the items should've normally egnerated if a new npc trade depot was designated and I couldn't trade for those items unless I picked them up manually and dropped them in the 5x5 area where the table would've been if there was one

on an unrelated note before I retired there was a curious sight; a goblin recruit going up the fortress' stairs, saying he is "on an important mission"; he later went outside of the fortress, maybe a screen or two to the east of the trade depot, and he has some buddies who don't move from there

after this I left for a whole killed two alligators and came back with meat, and now all of the NPCs are back at the original

later I left and came back and on the way back to the fortress I saw those same goblins i mentioned earlier, except now theres some scattered campfires(I never placed any) around them; I'm thinking they're setting up a bandit camp or trying to do something bad to the dwarven civ or something, but the mayor of the fortress is a goblin so I don't know
allegedly, this guy is still on an "important mission"

when i got back to the fortress all the guys from the new northen trading non-table were gone and at the eastern trading table that was originally there again, and is still bugged and was not replenished with new loot; as well the fortress was redesgined, AGAIN, including the tunnel, back to the form it was in before I retired for 15 days or so
all of the loot from the new trading non-table is still there, and all the dollar signs around it dissapeared, but unlike the oirignal trading table I can actually pick all of these up, woohoo free stuff!

EDIT: I reexplored the fortress and found a goblin with the title of "chief medical dwarf" and the tile isn't glowing or anything; this place is weird, though I might've just missed im the first time around

EDIT EDIT: now I went down the tunnels to the other fortress and learned that the queen is a goblin; I told her that I commited a robbery and she just said, it was inevitable
i dont think the game actually considered it to be a robbery though; I was just picking up items that lost their $tags$ due to a horrible,terrible bug, and keeping them
at least I can work around the only use a trade depot once bug by buying and selling what i buy then buying something else then selling that and buying something else till the whole inventory has had that done to it, then coming back later and getting everything for free, which makes the stuff be above the table instead of underneath it, and allows it to be picked up
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:37:53 am by Garn »

Remuluson

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:EDITING_TOO_MUCH:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: May 23, 2015, 04:10:32 am »

I just got ambushed by bandit pack of 1 horse XD.
at first i thinked it's an normal animal but it just kept ambushing me XD.
so i killed him
[ETHICS:FEAR_SOCKMASTRERS:REQUIRED]
[ETHICS:HAVING_TOO_MUCH_ETHICS:REQUIRED]

LordFreezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: May 23, 2015, 05:09:07 am »

I trekked north, smiting the hyena who slew my previous adventurer.  I jumped into a river, and ended up colliding with the wall, knocking me unconscious.  I managed to escape the river without drowning, but I did lose my shield.  I continued north, arriving at a camp, where I slew the leader and a wrestler and took their skulls as trophies, as well as some loot.  I ventured north a little further to another camp and executed the sleeping pikeman there before taking his skull too.  As I journeyed back home, I was ambushed by a crossbowman.  I managed to catch him, at which point I hacked away at his legs to prevent him escaping before I could complete the slaughter.  I finally made it home, and am now known as "Ramkal Livinggarnish the Revered Power of Fealities."

This adventure is certainly going better than my first one a couple of days ago.  I wandered around and got myself lost.  I was then attacked by lions, which I killed by beating to death with my shield (not knowing how to dislodge my sword) and then tearing out their throats with my teeth.  I then jumped in a river, where I was attacked by an alligator, and then I drowned.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: May 24, 2015, 09:27:44 pm »

I DID IT I DID IT, BWAHAHAHAHA...

Yes, that is an artifact creation prompt on top of an advfort interface prompt!

DoctressCalibrator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: May 25, 2015, 08:27:06 am »

Hello everyone! This is my first post here.

((English isn't my native language, so I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.))

Generally I'm a big newbie and I can't live longer than one day without save scumming. Unfortunately there are not too many tutorials on the Wiki or YT about Adventure Mode, but that's not what I wanted to write about. I've made a decision that I'll become a necromancer, having never been one. So, with a legend viewer I looked up where is the nearest tower. There are 3 in my large world. It's year 28, so probably that's why. One far on the north, one on the other continent and one on the south. Since I don't like cold and water freezing in my backpack, I chose to go south. I grabbed some random Swordsman, so that Bogeymen won't kill me at night and few days later we made it under the tower. In the meantime Jaguar, Dingos and Greezly Bear tried to attack us. They failed. Anyway, having learnt the hard way, that my companion likes to randomly charge at dozen or so undead goblins, I asked him to wait few steps away from the tower, while I take care of the undead army. It took around three hundred sixty eight milion times to lure single or two zombies and then dismember them, without dying. Undead are just overpowered. A goblin without legs and arms has managed to turn my leg into a lump of gore. Of course, my character lost consciousness and then died. Somehow. Or got a lucky punch to the head, which made my character's head explode. Or millions of other situations where my character was torn apart. Nerf the undead, please.

After making triple sure that there are no more undead in this tower, I stepped inside and had a pleasant conversation with necromancer, who used to be surgeon. That's interesting. I thought they would just charge at me and kill me. But it turned out that there are more necromancers there! I stepped deeper into the dark tower and saw other one, who used to be...drunk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How the heck did she manage to become a necromancer? I can imagine her speaking with somebody over a glass of booze about mortality.

"Yeaah...our lives can end so easily...we can trip over something and broke our necks...or get eaten by forgotten beasts or just die of old age..."

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: May 25, 2015, 10:39:33 pm »

With an asses jawbone... I made asses of them. With an asses jawbone, I killed a thousand men.

In other words, I'm going around and killing people with a donkey skull I found randomly in an inn. So far, I'm at 59 kills.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: May 25, 2015, 10:43:01 pm »

IDEA!: Kill a hydra with it's own severed head.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: May 26, 2015, 01:27:50 am »

That's why I added a specific skull material, bashing someone with a hydra skull war hammer while wearing a dragon skull helm is pretty fun.

I'm still baffled on the artifact thing, one save it is completely reproducible and I can just spam advfort artifacts all day long, but no matter what I try to replicate it in other saves it just freezes on the timer screen instead of counting down. T.T

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: May 26, 2015, 01:35:02 am »

I had killed two hundred and nineteen people with my asses' skull, but then some asshole stabbed me in between the ribs and pierced the heart. I still killed him, but died after getting one more kill after that guy. That sleeping child never saw it coming.

Krewl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: May 26, 2015, 09:39:39 am »

Playing Genesis DF2014 mod.

So, I'm talking to this lord, fetching locations for bandits and beasts. There seems to be alot of wild giant felines around.

Turns out this poor sod has lost his mother, aunt and uncle to wild animals, and his only daughter was killed by an ettin.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: May 26, 2015, 09:49:55 am »

I am playing as a locally unimportant peasant... this is gonna be difficult, should I try and find a city and talk to drunks? Still learning to swim... *sigh*. Still, I have 3 knives and a bow, which seems like a pretty epic character build already.
One wheel short of a wagon

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8367 on: May 26, 2015, 12:51:32 pm »

I had killed two hundred and nineteen people with my asses' skull, but then some asshole stabbed me in between the ribs and pierced the heart. I still killed him, but died after getting one more kill after that guy. That sleeping child never saw it coming.

You didn't install advfort and painstakingly deconstruct the bottom layer of a crowded room in order to cave it in and kill all the occupants? Disappointing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: May 26, 2015, 01:12:48 pm »

Why the hack does hitting somebody in the face with a boy train the swordsman skill :/????

Now I have to learn 3 weapons, 2 general combat techniques, as well as dodging and swimming from scratch. I don't carry a shield though, so I guess that's an advantage...
One wheel short of a wagon

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: May 26, 2015, 01:45:31 pm »

BOW... oh, I was like "wait, I haven't gotten any skillups chucking people at each other with the launch script", I guess the logic is that a bow wouldn't be swung like a crossbow, as it is a longer whippier weapon you'd want to use more suitable techniques than "insert blunt end into skull" like you would whacking someone with a big hunk of wood like a crossbow.
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1103