Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2011872 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8610 on: July 27, 2015, 03:09:44 am »

That... Is also fairly hilarious.

The adventurer from earlier survived to reach a city, so I retired him and made a new one.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: July 28, 2015, 10:54:44 am »

Tried to rescue some townsfolk (including the law-giver) from an impending goblin invasion. Brought one lady to her husband in a nearby hamlet, but she wouldn't stop following me; so I just went back to the town and dumped everyone.

I shouldn't have bothered in the first place: a check of Legends informed me that 1) the supposedly impending invasion had already happened about a week ago, and 2) the town of 40 inhabitants had successfully fought off an invasion force of over 1100 goblins. No wonder everyone had a title and was wearing goblin-bone jewelery.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8612 on: July 29, 2015, 05:04:59 am »

Tried to rescue some townsfolk (including the law-giver) from an impending goblin invasion. Brought one lady to her husband in a nearby hamlet, but she wouldn't stop following me; so I just went back to the town and dumped everyone.

I shouldn't have bothered in the first place: a check of Legends informed me that 1) the supposedly impending invasion had already happened about a week ago, and 2) the town of 40 inhabitants had successfully fought off an invasion force of over 1100 goblins. No wonder everyone had a title and was wearing goblin-bone jewelery.

That seems common. On the latest few worlds I genned I somehow had most civs fend off attacks with no losses while vastly outnumbered, also attackers fleeing after suffering only 1 casualty. Like, 20 nagas attacking, one loss, versus 3 goblins, no losses.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: July 29, 2015, 08:40:22 am »

its that discipline skill :P

Its horrendous in fort mode, a company of well armed recruits will freeze and/or flee from seeing a death.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8614 on: August 01, 2015, 02:07:37 pm »

Hey, we're making some entries over in the Dwarven Archaeology thread that might interest you guys, heads up.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: August 03, 2015, 02:27:45 pm »

after some deep thinking I realize I have all I need to set up a PRISON FORT!
the idea is to beat up bandits then get them to surrender then recruit and toss them into a site and tell them to wait.
if things work it's possible to get a bunch of visitors who are stuck waiting in fort mode.
with an interaction one could set up a (petting) zoo.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: August 03, 2015, 02:42:03 pm »

Like Batman! You gonna use levers for cells? Fun idea!
One wheel short of a wagon

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: August 03, 2015, 06:58:46 pm »

...I just tried to upvote this, I've been spending too much time browsing imgur, send help.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: August 03, 2015, 07:06:12 pm »

sadly I tried this out on the DBZ+DEON THE FALL mod I had and forgot I had 2 bull monster demons as pets with my super powerful guy with an arm in his mouth so it less beating up bandits and more killing really deadly and surprisingly on my power level bladed mooks with 2 super strong hellspawns who end up in an even match.
this mod I mismash has very lil bandit count. I guess everyone Building enough Ki to defend themselves or all the super evil factions are united enough that bandits don't pop up alot.
like somehow these beasts I think from the fall are getting Stronger with every Sayian or namekian they murder also tribesmen.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:12:00 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: August 03, 2015, 10:29:03 pm »

First gelding blow I've seen during play since it became a thing. But believe me, it's not for a lack of trying.

It's a little more than alarming, bub.

Also, this was when I finally tracked down one of my experimental vampire variants. Dhampirs are just vampires that lack the BLOODSUCKER tag. I wanted to see if that difference would change how other npcs and the game in general would treat them. Turns out it didn't.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: August 04, 2015, 07:04:14 am »

uhh hmm so learn a few things about sites mostly there's a site flag(site flags 2) that you can check to make it so you can fast travel out.
and bound hostile units will ignore any other targets if given a wait command. so a Demon can stand around a forgottenbeast and a peasant.
so this means you could build a were_ army by just biting and beating up every recruit you find and then bounding them to servitude then tell them to wait in a lair.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: August 04, 2015, 10:15:24 am »

Well, flags 2 is it? That is good to know.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: August 04, 2015, 10:34:43 am »

with all the commotion about peasants not giving out praise I figured it's better to DIY.
looking into the conversation choice list realize there's a lot of options that are left out of the player because NPCs don't ask you questions.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: August 04, 2015, 11:32:13 am »

I guess it's a case of "when in Rome, do as the Romans do"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8624 on: August 04, 2015, 11:56:09 am »

First gelding blow I've seen during play since it became a thing. But believe me, it's not for a lack of trying.

It's a little more than alarming, bub.

Fucking ow.
That's almost as bad as when I gelded a guy by slashing him in the lower body with a two-handed sword. Brr...
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 1103