Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019117 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8640 on: August 13, 2015, 10:16:39 am »

Does anyone have any good text adventurer mode tutorials for me? Or well.. the hotkeys or sommething ;-;.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Adventure_mode_quick_start
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Adventurer_mode (General instructions on how stuff works.)
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Adventure_mode_quick_reference (You can also check/rebind the hotkeys in-game from the Esc menu.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: August 15, 2015, 11:42:03 am »

Found a human zombie that appears to be aligned with some elves camping outside a settlement they lost last spring.  The zombie was hanging out inside the elven tents while they slept and immediately attacked me.  The elves are now displaying as hostile to me despite sleeping.

The zombie had non-grown elven gear on, down to elven armor.  It shot wood arrows at me from its wood bow, and was pretty ineffective due to the shitty gear and it attacking with the bow instead of a fist.  I tried to yank the quiver from it, to no avail, but was able to grab the quiver and empty the arrows from it instead.  While laughing and throwing wooden arrows at it I got my foot pulped, and passed out.  While passed out it opened an artery in my leg, and I scrambled away, passing out when it caught me.  It was only able to bite off an ear before I started intentionally dodging my way to a nearby tree.  From there I was able to break LOS and fast travel away, defeated but triumphant in my survival.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:45:19 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: August 15, 2015, 12:19:37 pm »

The elven retreat that the above occured around is in a lush jungle.  The area under the jurisdiction of the humans is devoid of any unnamed trees, having presumably been logged.  Elves are preparing emu sweetbread and porcupine meat for the human overlords to export, and all opposition is brutally suppressed.  Colonialism?

I started a fire in their meat tree, and waited on site for it to grow.  Night fell, and the elves warned me to find shelter they couldn't offer.  Still, I stayed on-site, and eventually the fire spread enough in the tree that several climbed down to escape the flame.  As they fell asleep for the night 3 of them bleed to death as a small group of passing onlookers lined up and stared at the inferno consume what little that was left of the home and dignity.
  With tearful eyes, An elf laments the loss of the tree.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: August 15, 2015, 01:46:37 pm »

I arrived at a necromancer's tower.  Sneaking up upon the tower, I hear all manner of chatter coming from within the tower.  Outside of it, a necromancer ringleader is running around in a frenzy.  She seems so distraught that I assume she is hostile to her own zoms, and every time she tries to get into the town she never gets farther than the doorway before sprinting off a short way and then trying to sprint back into the tower again.
  she is quite free with information when talked to, despite me crawling on the ground.  She is at war with some elves; the same ones who were ousted from a settlement and then turned to apparant baditry, as they had a human hammerman robbing passers-by down the road.  She would not allow me to become a leuitenant, which would have prompted me to quit the game altogether to see how Fortress mode is affected by that, but after speaking to her about her family a second necromancer ran outside and both are running around screaming about combat witht heir little daggers drawn.

Orignally I was going to walk this dwarf north to a reclaimed settlement from a failing dwarf civ the literal whole world away, but this is for science!  If I can get adventures to join the tower as underlings I'll be super stoked.

pedit:  There is a freshly murderized necromancer dwarf corpse present.  He was apparently killed by his fellow necros.

ppedit:  THERE'S A NON-NECRO SWORDSMAN IN THE TOWER !!
  I've explored all of the rooms in the tower save one on the first floor.  Its full of necros and this one non-necro that was genned, probably as a result of the necro being a gang leader :|

And that last room has dead goblins!  Dead goblins that arent reanimated and theres necros in the room :|

ppedit:  Ohhhh.  I slept onsite and 2 humie zombies spawn.  The human ringleader would only comment upon how they were at war with an elf-sounding name because of plant treatment.  I asked a necro inside and he says the army of that ringleader is currently on the march.  When I left the site on foot and came back there were a few necros and the 2 zoms waiting outside the tower.  The necros wandered off inside after.  The ringleader continues to run inside the tower and back out, and occassionally I get a prompt to demand yielding.  I suspect he is supposed to be going off to siege, and its trying to trigger him being a douche.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:33:07 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: August 15, 2015, 02:40:20 pm »

Visited my abandoned fort and met faction I suspect to be of my former subjects. Couldn't find emu sculls I wanted to fight, so I attacked one dwarf and got killed.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: August 16, 2015, 05:29:36 am »

Hmmm, I wonder if I can jump this mountain and survive.

Hyup!

Ok, getting close... hopefully I can grab a tree or wall...
*SPLAT*

*hauls self back together through dfhackery*

So I'm running around trying to suss out a couple bugs in my mod with my own corpse in my backpack now.

Phyzgun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: August 16, 2015, 06:53:36 am »

Unfortunately I haven't got screenshots on hand, but recently I've found in my 1050 years old large world that all of the human towns are in some terrifying form of anarchy with, er, animal people vampire spear-men running around screaming about retreating. This (small? Probably medium) story begins with a human peasant that has a little bit of experience with wrestling, dodging and that's about it (includes novice striker and novice fighter, not a reader, swimmer or climber). It starts just after I arrived at the town and did something stupid. (But fun.)

I woke up to the sky above me, my head like it was being stabbed and my upper chest in a lot of pain. I vaguely remember jumping off the city walls and deciding that perhaps it'd be best to rest for some time, went to sleep. I woke up to the beautiful sounds of: "I must withdraw!". I didn't know why there was someone screaming that out loud, so I decided to investigate further, in town.

I was heading towards the centre of the city with my somewhat meagre peasant (mildly skilled in basic wrestling) when I was jumped by an Olm Woman Vampire! I decided to sneak into a house and wait, but they were observant enough to find where I was and they were pretty unhappy with me to say the least as they started biting me the second their teeth was close enough to. It started out with a fist-fight but I then got out my copper spear and thrust it into their lower body, but it did little damage. It then continued for probably an (in-game) hour of mostly wrestling in which I managed to make them unable to stand, before we were both so heavily injured that I decided to run for my life into a nearby tower-collapsing just after the door closed behind me.

Now, my right thumb was still broken from the city walls jumping incident, along with one of my left hand's fingers and nearly my entire body covered in gashes and bruises, my whole body filled with pain. I decided to climb to one of the upper (but not up-most) levels of the tower and sleep until they healed. When I woke up I looked like I had rolled around in a pit of glass shards; every part of me had the marks of injuries. I pressed on.

I arrived at the keep after dodging some patrols and found the building covered in the blood of some unfortunate soul. I decided to talk to the nearest person to ask them what was happening, they happened to be a serpent man, and they were quite nice - until the lady shanked them in the guts and they fell flat on the floor, unconscious. It was then in time that the stone building and all the people inside of it broke into sheer chaos, they were divided 1/3's between... vampires and the religious leaders? (By the way, there were about 5-7 different religious-named people in there) I had no idea what was happening any more, and yet they seemed to know as they dog-piled upon the helpless, viciously stabbing every one of them until they drew no more breath. The vampires were happy enough to talk but the others were ignoring me.

I don't really remember what happened after this, but it resulted in my death. I think I left the keep and got murdered either in town or in the wilds. By the way, first post here. Tell me if I made this ridiculously long or not, please.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: August 16, 2015, 07:41:30 am »

Hmmm, I wonder if I can jump this mountain and survive.
Hilarious

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: August 16, 2015, 01:52:49 pm »

I arrived at a necromancer's tower.  Sneaking up upon the tower, I hear all manner of chatter coming from within the tower.  Outside of it, a necromancer ringleader is running around in a frenzy.  She seems so distraught that I assume she is hostile to her own zoms, and every time she tries to get into the town she never gets farther than the doorway before sprinting off a short way and then trying to sprint back into the tower again.
  she is quite free with information when talked to, despite me crawling on the ground.  She is at war with some elves; the same ones who were ousted from a settlement and then turned to apparant baditry, as they had a human hammerman robbing passers-by down the road.  She would not allow me to become a leuitenant, which would have prompted me to quit the game altogether to see how Fortress mode is affected by that, but after speaking to her about her family a second necromancer ran outside and both are running around screaming about combat witht heir little daggers drawn.

Orignally I was going to walk this dwarf north to a reclaimed settlement from a failing dwarf civ the literal whole world away, but this is for science!  If I can get adventures to join the tower as underlings I'll be super stoked.

pedit:  There is a freshly murderized necromancer dwarf corpse present.  He was apparently killed by his fellow necros.

ppedit:  THERE'S A NON-NECRO SWORDSMAN IN THE TOWER !!
  I've explored all of the rooms in the tower save one on the first floor.  Its full of necros and this one non-necro that was genned, probably as a result of the necro being a gang leader :|

And that last room has dead goblins!  Dead goblins that arent reanimated and theres necros in the room :|

ppedit:  Ohhhh.  I slept onsite and 2 humie zombies spawn.  The human ringleader would only comment upon how they were at war with an elf-sounding name because of plant treatment.  I asked a necro inside and he says the army of that ringleader is currently on the march.  When I left the site on foot and came back there were a few necros and the 2 zoms waiting outside the tower.  The necros wandered off inside after.  The ringleader continues to run inside the tower and back out, and occassionally I get a prompt to demand yielding.  I suspect he is supposed to be going off to siege, and its trying to trigger him being a douche.

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
So I went out and did his little chores.  I suffered a busted kneecap, The loss of a finger and ear, several scars, including a slaggin STEEL 2HANDER to the NECK, and have been spit on be no less than 7 people.  I get back, with an infected and unhealed finger, no less, and he has no more room?
PKs DF Mod!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: August 16, 2015, 03:12:07 pm »

So you secretly kill some of his men. Problem solved.
One wheel short of a wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: August 16, 2015, 03:49:46 pm »

the prob is he keeps trying to knife me, getting askurd, and running off.  And when he does step inside the tower he pisses off one of the other necros an they shoot at him with the crossbows I gave them.

He's apparently just a hostile Gus.  He and another necro knifed down a dwarf necromancer when I first arrived on site.  I think the game is conflicting his behavior with that of a bandit.  Necros had different behaviors than peasant or nobles to begin with.

pedit:  If I had reading I'd claim the site for myself and see how that rolls in history.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:52:15 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8651 on: August 16, 2015, 04:16:50 pm »

Before my last adventurer died (I think to bogeyman head-punching) I managed to punch a human's dick off. Well, thats how I'm interpreting that particular "gelding blow."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: August 16, 2015, 04:25:40 pm »

How often do blows striking the lower body geld?  Ive never struck one or seen one in either mode.  I've seen plenty of spilled guts, but no geldings :\
PKs DF Mod!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8653 on: August 16, 2015, 05:35:41 pm »

They seem to be fairly rare; that's the first one I've witnessed firsthand in either mode, though apparently I missed it happening to one of my fortress dwarves shortly before being overrun by zombie kobolds in the winter of the first year.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: August 16, 2015, 06:06:52 pm »

The dorf girl here has weapons with around 1500 kills between them, and maybe 15 gelding blows. 1/100 is probably close when you're trying for them.

You could say they're... hard targets.

Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 1104