Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019571 times)

Jesterdwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Because the only thing that I do good is bad jokes
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8835 on: October 04, 2015, 01:58:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Snakescales the Imperial Noble of Dusk? That pretty badass name for an elven peasant girl that murdered 300-years old goblin lady, ate her heart and then proceeded to bash some goblin children to death with lady's skull.
Meanwhile, dwarven hero, after singlehandedly destroying a couple of werebeasts, vampire and goddamn fully mature dragon, recieves the title of "the Sad Finger".
RNG, why are you doing this to me?
Not a native English speaker and all that so... Yeah, my posts may look like gibberish, but trust me, there is a meaning in them somewere. Or at least that's what I like to think.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: October 04, 2015, 11:37:59 am »

Snakescales the Imperial Noble of Dusk? That pretty badass name for an elven peasant girl that murdered 300-years old goblin lady, ate her heart and then proceeded to bash some goblin children to death with lady's skull.
Meanwhile, dwarven hero, after singlehandedly destroying a couple of werebeasts, vampire and goddamn fully mature dragon, recieves the title of "the Sad Finger".
RNG, why are you doing this to me?

You can choose your title during character creation

My draconians obliterated all the goblins during world gen, starting a new golden age

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: October 04, 2015, 02:39:52 pm »

You can also use this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/maxthyme/dfstuff/master/names.lua to change your name with the same interface as the character creation one uses.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: October 05, 2015, 01:57:52 pm »

Finally got one of Deon's adventurer crafting mods working. Having a lot of fun dicking around melting everybody's swords. Also caused a civil war by throwing a smelting pit at my follower on accident.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8839 on: October 05, 2015, 07:44:00 pm »

I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: October 05, 2015, 10:54:40 pm »

Well, I just had something happen, I accidentally deleted my world in with my adventurer is in, and deleted it from the recycle bin, fortunately I had an old backup of it, I've been set back a bit over 6 thousand kills, which really, really sucks :c but at least my adventurer was not lost. c:

edit: after groaning and moaning and making other sounds due to my failure I eventually got over it and went back to work to reach my goal of 20k notable kills. I decided that companions are such a pain and had them stay in the hamlet my child lives in, and by a pain I mean I have to make sure I don't accidentally kill them while attacking others.

This is simply amazing, I go to a fortress and take a nap, I suppose they knew me because when I woke up my leg was broken, I was so confused why is my leg broken? whats going on!? Then I realize that I was shot in the leg, ouch, its been so long since I was last injured, haven't got anything worse then a bruise since that roc bit my arm off simply amazing.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:57:12 am by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8841 on: October 06, 2015, 07:14:49 am »

The sarcasm is strong in this one...
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: October 06, 2015, 12:03:19 pm »

The sarcasm is strong in this one...

Or is it. c:

Though I can see how it could look like I'm being sarcastic I suppose.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: October 06, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »

Just now my traveling companion started to attack each other and I don't know exactly why.
I had a few people that I wanted to take from their homes (i told him that they can join me in my "rescue" mission) because army of goblins was marching to their city.
But I was a bad man and I bring them enemy civ. As I started to sneak in goblin pits and go to towers
BTW: Stosbub was a goblin
The general was a human in my companion team.
Drama, drama! Let's start the drama.
He's dead now.
It was inevitable.
DF have best drama's!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:20:12 pm by Tilogour »

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: October 08, 2015, 02:27:53 pm »

I was coming back home from a mission, then i saw a huge siege leading there, leaded by a fire imp, the lord was knocked unconscious, his guards were all dead, burning, but i was able to land a spear into the imp's head and slay his army, leaving some good scars in my body, one week later another siege attacked, it wa leaded by my worst fear: a puce monster ( the first thing that gave me !!FUN!!), i got some meat shields and went to the mead hall. He was just standing there, menacingly, with the lord's head before his feet ( note that the lord had a killings list of 12 goblins and 7 centaurs)

The battle started, he effortlessly blocked all our attacks, i breathed fire (draconian adventurer) but it was useless, he blew off one of my men's head with a kick, our last hope was to inmobilize him, i landed a good blow on his leg, breaking the bone, a crossbowman landed a bolt on his arm tearing the muscle,  the damn thing chopped off my left arm and killed 2 of my shields, a wrestler and an axeman, when i finally landed a blow.on his head tearing apart the brain, there being no lord, i claimed the city.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: October 08, 2015, 04:30:41 pm »

Technically it was for my fort, but I did most of this with advfort. You can queue up jobs to some extent. If you double tap the careful move button to smooth a wall you can also engrave it right after.

The original face was olivine before my trip to a candy cane next door to get some for the beard and steel for the face outline. Oh and it didn't have windows into the magma or engraved constructions or an engraved tube, and the moat was a hill before I learned how nice it is being able to fly when channeling terrain.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: October 10, 2015, 12:55:26 pm »

There was this one town I was in that looked like it was in a civil war between vampire animal people and human "survivors" (as I called them). The streets were crawling with the vampires. I opened the door to this one shop I heard noises from, to find three merchants beating up a vampire ant man. Right outside the castle wall I found another vampire killing a merchant. I don't know how the war began, but it was intense.

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: October 11, 2015, 12:48:31 am »

Started a new game as a human outsider (set to 'hero' in the stat screen), started out near a cave entrance. Went down into the cave, found a cyclops. Freaked out; I only had the default spear and dagger and no armor, and none-too-special stats. I made a random strike and tried to hit it in the head with the hilt of the dagger. Somehow, I fracture the cyclops' skull and it goes down like a sack of potatoes, leaving me to casually stab it to death.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: October 11, 2015, 08:25:55 am »

Started a new game as a human outsider (set to 'hero' in the stat screen), started out near a cave entrance. Went down into the cave, found a cyclops. Freaked out; I only had the default spear and dagger and no armor, and none-too-special stats. I made a random strike and tried to hit it in the head with the hilt of the dagger. Somehow, I fracture the cyclops' skull and it goes down like a sack of potatoes, leaving me to casually stab it to death.
That's why I like ettins. They have [NOPAIN] so they don't go down nearly as easily.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: October 11, 2015, 05:37:34 pm »

157 rejections but it was worth it

a new adventure world, until now it's perfect for adventure mode
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1104