Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995033 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9285 on: December 10, 2015, 08:35:59 pm »

Ooh. That sounds damn tempting to exploit.

Also...oh fuck. Bronze colossi. Gonna see if I can kill one using essence of giant's might. Since it seems that I can dent them with my copper spear after drinking it, when before all hits would glance off...I might have solved my "no way to kill bronze colossi in a Monster Island" problem.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: December 10, 2015, 08:38:08 pm »

But how should the game improve your ability to swim, if you cross the river by using the travel map.

Does it not improve your sneaking and tracking when you do those things on the travel map?  I'm not sure, but I thought it did.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: December 10, 2015, 08:50:04 pm »

It took many, many hits, lots of dodging and blocking, but eventually...

If it bleeds, we can kill it. If it doesn't, we can STILL kill it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: December 10, 2015, 08:51:50 pm »

I started a bar fight with an axedwarf. Just punching him in the stomach over and over.

I accidentally too much. Help.

EDIT: I murdered everyone in the tavern to cover my tracks and took a bath. No one suspects a thing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:58:35 pm by Skribbblie »
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: December 10, 2015, 08:55:01 pm »

Welp. Time to run, skip town while you still have legs. ;_;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: December 10, 2015, 08:59:28 pm »

When you accidentally kill, the way out is clearly to kill more.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: December 10, 2015, 09:02:59 pm »

As long as no witnesses escaped from the tavern and the neighbors didn't hear too much, you're golden now. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: December 10, 2015, 09:09:35 pm »

When you accidentally kill, the way out is clearly to kill more.

And then you have more witnesses to deal with, and soon you've wiped out a whole city to cover up one case of manslaughter. >_>

EDIT: Tested to see if it was the essence or the bashing that did it, tried killing a bronze colossus using just facestabs, while strength-boosted. It takes longer, but still eventually ends in cleaving their head asunder. Damn, I was hoping I could lop its head off, would be a more compact trophy compared to a statue.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:27:59 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: December 10, 2015, 09:28:53 pm »

see this is why I ask for a spar(e) toggle in adventure mode so that you don't accidentally Murder a man when getting into a brawl(holy shoot the only nonlethal thing you can do is aggressively hug folks while they box you).
also uhh yeah retiring a fort filled with guests then unretiring it turn everyone there 'Hostile' even my companion.
so yeah gonna say you can't retire your adventurer on the site and play them in fort mode.
and you just need to pray for them to migrate to the site on their own.
man that's LLllaaaaaammee because I just made the character a performer for the place too.

I mean I'm glad I can park my adventurer down at a site and maybe write some books for the place but

like I'm less mad now as I was writing that first bit but like wow I think I lost all my old performers switching between saves.
I guess if you had them assign to military you can still order them around but I don't know.

okay I think visiting the site as an adventurer is the cause of the massive hostile page and losing my bards who perform at my inn.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:34:07 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: December 10, 2015, 09:36:53 pm »

Huehuehue. Just go for joint locks. Krav maga their faces off.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: December 10, 2015, 10:26:00 pm »

Huehuehue. Just go for joint locks. Krav maga their faces off.
Locks elevate combat from Brawl to Non-Lethal.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: December 10, 2015, 11:02:58 pm »

Hmm. What about takedowns or throws? ;w;

Also...I'm still hoping to murder enough megabeasts to get an era change.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: December 11, 2015, 12:33:11 am »

Kick em in the neck.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: December 11, 2015, 01:14:43 am »

So. Shoggoths are still very vulnerable to getting gibbed. Any suggestions?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: December 11, 2015, 01:30:55 am »

New adventures, new ways to goof around. I started an elf in a human civ and immediately went after an asterisk in my home hamlet. A couple dwarf bandits. I started a dance routine as they tried to rob me, but since that required me to move they thought I was running away. They did join the "dance" but no dancing actually occurred because we were too busy beating on each other. I put down the lasher, his companion fled a short ways before I chased him down and killed him as well. I reported the incident to the lady of the town and she granted my request to become her hearth person.

Upon asking for an assignment she tells me to go harass the elves in the forest retreat to the west, which she couldn't direct me to, but one of the elf bards in her hall did. We all danced the war dance of our people before i departed. I spent the night in a dwarven hillocks halfway there and the next morning beat up a few elves. I wasn't satisfied so I went back to the hillocks, and recruited every single dwarven drunk in the drinking mound. Something like ten of them? We all went back and beat up some more elves. Many of whom are now dead.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1103