Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021416 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10065 on: January 02, 2016, 01:24:41 pm »

They're proving surprisingly hard to kill. I'm down to six but they just rip through everyone. I think I need to take them to a town to fight dungeon bandits, which is where I got these guys.

Get as many as you can (both as normal adventurers and performers), then raid a tower.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: January 02, 2016, 01:26:49 pm »

Maybe I'll even try the campfire trick...

But the nearest tower is across the continent, so it'll be a long walk. I'll probably lose these guys by then.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: January 02, 2016, 01:32:41 pm »

I really should try the campfire trick.

Or maybe use it to pen them in and take potshots with a sling.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: January 02, 2016, 04:10:53 pm »

Two of my companions just soloed two weaponmasters and won. Uninjured. What madness is this!?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: January 02, 2016, 04:27:20 pm »

try the bogeyman trick. in that you stand next  to a tower and wait til night comes, then watch the bogeymen fight the zombies.
wait I wonder if the whole natural skill not working in adventure mode means only adventurers won't get race bonuses or EVERYONE can't get race bonuses in adventure mode even the bogeymen who are naturally 14 around the board in dodging and attacking?

also back to tira the wagon-man. Tira has adorable footwear
and I found a town that's so hilly that I thought DF recreated Sonic adventure 2's City escape.

I might want to retire tira and try a character who can climb to explore this town more fluidly... that or figure out how to get characters to climb while prone.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: January 02, 2016, 05:00:18 pm »

I think the tag for feet climbing is [STANCE_CLIMBER].

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: January 02, 2016, 06:30:26 pm »

yeah but wagon is kinda falls to the ground thus unable to climb up walls prone.
also I learn why the site is all Hilly and tall and weird. 99% of the populace is elf soldiers.

like more so than usual.
I fear this many elves might spawn a dwarf fortress chaos god.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: January 02, 2016, 06:46:22 pm »

I fear this many elves might spawn a dwarf fortress chaos god.

It was inevitable. We already have Armok as a Khorne-like thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: January 02, 2016, 07:09:17 pm »

I suppose to get Tzeentch you gotta drink a mug with the mug itself inside it, while you are inside of the mug you're drinking?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: January 02, 2016, 07:15:51 pm »

You must commit mugception?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: January 02, 2016, 07:18:45 pm »

On your journey, if you should meet the Buddha by the roadside, drink him.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: January 02, 2016, 08:10:41 pm »

so I really should roll up a wagon character just to see if bogeymen would dance with them since they do comment on poetry and musical numbers.
"body swapping and YOU!"

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: January 02, 2016, 10:54:22 pm »

Two of my companions just soloed two weaponmasters and won. Uninjured. What madness is this!?

Might be that bug where NATURAL_SKILL(s) aren't registering in Adv Mode. While weaponmasters aren't listed in the raws, if their minimum natural weapon skill is supposed to be great, the actual stat could be as low as dabbling.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:01:04 pm by peasant cretin »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: January 02, 2016, 11:10:53 pm »

so I really should roll up a wagon character just to see if bogeymen would dance with them since they do comment on poetry and musical numbers.
I adore you, if I found out you were actually the reanimated corpse of Ray Romano given a horrific semblance of life by the actual ghost of Hitler, I could look past it.

Wait, is Ray Romano dead yet?

If not I have work to do.

Enlarged the text bubble a bit to make it easier to read at smaller sizes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:18:46 am by Max™ »

Jakalor the Darkblooded

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: January 03, 2016, 02:32:58 am »

Well, I finally found something worthy of posting here.

So, I start up as a Wild Boar Man, one of the few Animal Men that actually are worth using, since he can at the least use human size equipment.
I decide that picking a Lasher would be fun, especially with all the things I've heard about those whips. I also notice that the first thing they show as my god is my char being an Ardent worshiper of the god of suicide. What a promising start!

After taking some time to make my char's ideals be what I want, I now go forth, for adventure!
I get two friends, go to a nearby cave ( I not only made caves visible, but also increased the amount of them as well as MB and Semi-MB lairs and Titans, it's also the year 918 and it's still the Age of Myth) and kill a cyclops after rendering it unconscious with a stroke to the head. Whips are indeed powerful.

Now I head towards the nearest Town, since I want to go and get myself a Werebeast curse, or at least a vampire curse (I also doubled all curse types, evil clouds, Nighttrolls etc. except for Bogeymen which I set to 0 so I don't have to deal with them), from toppling a statue.

After coming close to the town I encounter a Snake woman vampire who instantly starts running away. Due to the snake woman being a vampire, I had to "Travel" whenever I got tired, because otherwise I wouldn't stand a chance because I was still a puny mortal. The fact that the Snake woman also was faster than me didn't exactly help.

So I finally succeed at killing the snake woman after a running a lot. And it turns out she didn't drop any blood. Le sigh. I also found three lairs in the space between the Town and a hamlet, which was almost close enough for you to move between them without going into the larger scale map.

While I was chasing the snake woman I noticed that all the houses were either abandoned or ruined in the outskirts, but I thought that it was only for there. I was wrong. The entire damn city is filled with nothing but ruins and abandoned houses and shops. Even the market is abandoned. Though the wares are still there, strangely enough. It was starting to become night so I find a Tavern, steal some river spirits from a barrel and ask a bowman to join me since one of my companions became "disabled" while fighting the cyclops. I then proceeded to go and sleep in a nearby abandoned house. After a night of rest my Wild Boar Man Lasher is now ready to go and get a quest from the castle.

I arrive at the markets and prepare to go to the castle, but the game starts listing people fighting. There were three people of note doing combat. An Overlord, a Boss and a Leader.

When I enter the castle I notice a large amount of people, but no actual fighting. I start looking through the people and notice a lot of priests. Let me give some examples.

Holy Juice ;), Sacred Boil, High Gutter, High Mold, High Larva, First Pus, First Cyst and many more. Damn. These people don't seem to be joking around.

I then proceed downstairs to see if I can find where the combat is happening. Before going halfway across the room the entire room erupts into combat with everyone drawing their knives and starting to stab each other. It seems to mostly be the religious figures. Maybe they had a disagreement on religious matters? Any theories?

I then do what any adventurer worth his salt would do. I join in the fray! I kill a "master" that came upstairs wielding a sword and a shield and start to cut down the many different priests. And the lone human child starts to do what any human child should do at such a time, they start playing "make believe."

After helping some side I go up the wall around the castle where some people went. I then instantly die due to getting shoved down the stairs.

What do you learn from this story? Don't run up the stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1104