Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019788 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12240 on: May 29, 2016, 09:35:23 pm »

I should've taken a screenshot of how many kills I got via that corpse. Oh well...255 notables and 56 others at the moment, I"m sure it'll jump up even more before I'm outta this lagfest.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12241 on: May 29, 2016, 10:30:17 pm »

Instead of cavern slow crawl, Imush decided to travel where the winds would take him. At first he thought about dropping off the 10 hoods he had collected/had been hoboing at his home hilllock. This was 3 world map tiles away in the opposite direction of an eastern kobold camp, so he left everything else at the fortress tavern and ventured back into the world with just iron mail shirt, chain leggings and trogd leather armor on. No need for the boots, gauntlets or cap.

Imush went eastward to the kobold camp where he thought he might have a look at their pilfered goods and say hello to whatever dragons might be in residence. Go where the game takes you and take what unfolds. Here in this case it meant crossing a river at late morning, swimming to adequate and getting into a brawl with a non-adjective laden carp with only shield equipped so as to have 5 possible grips as Imush was standing.

This was just the granular/deconstructed version of wrestling with a pack of wolves while holding several shields. Except here there's just one shield, and since carp are non-aggressive, escalation needs to occur one carp at a time. Where this sort of thing becomes powerleveling is just an issue of magnitude.

Once fighter advanced from dabbling to novice via punching/blocking/gripping, Imush released the 5 grips he held, and moved directionally into contact with another carp who was quite fat. This allowed the first carp to attack 9 times. Then Imush got onto the ground to have 9 grips available, 4 for the first carp and 5 for the fat one. As they had become inactive offensively, Imush released those two and moved towards two other carp. The benefit of being on his back at under .200 speed just multiplies the tick count for the directional move which would normally be 9-10 ticks at 1.000 speed, and this increases defensive opportunity.

Once Imush had striker/wrestler reach novice and fighter reach adequate, with shield user just under adequate and armor user still at dabbling, it was time to go. It's good to get some (vaguely time-consuming) manual work in, not so good to auto-attack/powerlevel and reap too much gain.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:39:01 pm by peasant cretin »

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: May 30, 2016, 02:07:54 am »

Strange things are transpiring around Shezpa Snuggledfriend, the axolotl man poet. Iv'e been staying in a human town for a few days, in the hopes of making a reputation for myself. I had been informed by my hometown's lord that this land is positively infested by criminals.

However, over the course of my stay here in "Razorjustice", the only criminals iv'e encountered have been a giant alligator recruit that somehow teleported onto the roof i was writing poetry on, and then a nightwing recruit that ambushed me in broad daylight, which no one seemed concerned about whatsoever.
Apparently i was the only one it wanted to feast on.

And now as i'm strolling into another part of town, away from the horrible flying beast, iv'e walked over a grate and spotted a naked dwarf, sitting in sewage.
I'm kinda flabbergasted. I'm now going to attempt to find a way into the sewer and convince her to join me.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:32:55 am by SlothPajamas »
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: May 30, 2016, 02:15:57 am »

Apparently i was the only one it wanted to feast on.

Mmm, axolotl. Tastes like chicken? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12244 on: May 30, 2016, 02:39:29 am »

Mmm, axolotl. Tastes like chicken? o3o
Sounds to me that it'd be a little too rubbery.
Dunno why you'd want to eat something that cute anyway.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: May 30, 2016, 07:24:29 am »

here I just made an reaction to making magma and water and use minecarts to move safely out of the way from taking temperature damage or being frozen.
probably should see what happens if I retire an adventurer next to a night troll den.
and see if night trolls grab folks by random or the nearest person?
good reminder, to build a long access way to your camp so that when  you get ambushed you can lead the attackers through a trap than having them spawn IN your base past your defenses.

but for capturing attackers you could just build a bunker like so
Code: [Select]
###
#@#
###

Roof

and wait for folks to ambush you, which spawns them Inside the bunker. before you do anything else just jump out as your first move.
oh fun thing about minecarts now is that you can stick objects in them while your riding it.
so say if you have say genesis mod fireball reactions you could cram loads of burning objects into a minecart while in motion and roll around Burning grasslands which makes it really hard for attackers to chase after you.

this was done with an Orc bardlady with a stringed instrument.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:25:46 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: May 30, 2016, 02:09:31 pm »

Meanwhile, in Max-land.

Fireproof adventurer+magma-safe bookcase+assorted items and magma inside said bookcase=!!Fun!!

Weeee, look under your chair!

That's right!

You get 3rd degree burns! You get 3rd degree burns! Everybody here is going straight to the burn ward! IV drips and bandages for everybody!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12247 on: May 30, 2016, 02:29:22 pm »

You get 3rd degree burns! You get 3rd degree burns! Everybody here is going straight to the burn ward! IV drips and bandages for everybody!
It's been a while, but I can't not sig this.

MEANWHILE, in the Realm of Flame, everything is remarkably not on fire. Except for any goblin sighted by Biretha. She really hates goblins. Same with wolves and keas. Right now we're up in the frozen north, assaulting a raccoon monster's dark fortress. I'm trying to get Biretha to come with me and kill the demon, but she really just wants to stay outside and crisp goblins.

EDIT: According to the wiki's dictionary, Biretha means curse in elven.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:48:04 pm by TheFlame52 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: May 30, 2016, 04:36:19 pm »

An adventure in literacy!

You have authored Destruction: Principles and Practice.  It concerns the secrets of fire.  Overall, the prose is passable.
You have authored The Hidden Meaning of Ruin.  It concerns the secrets of life and death.  Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.
You have authored The Student's Wonders of Sweetness.  It concerns The Wonders of Sweetness as a musical form.  Overall, the prose is amateurish at best.
You have authored The Meaning of the Poem.  It concerns The Tenebrous Play as a poetic form.  Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.
You have authored Blizzards In The Time of My Ancestors.  It concerns the secrets of hydromancy.  Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

Most of my companions, being drunks, have become my hearthpersons. I have my own little home now. Full of death.

I also got rid of a giant jaguar and giant white stork been roaming around harassing things. The stork killed one of my zombies, apparently, and the jaguar was a historical figure. Probably ate somebody. Or somebody's dog.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12249 on: May 31, 2016, 09:31:49 am »

The hunt for the entrance to the sewers continues for Shezpa Snuggledfriend. Unfortunately during his explorations he has found the catacombs under the town's keep to be utterly infested with kobolds who are determined to skewer him on sight. This axolotl is not quite suited to tangle with his opponents, diminutive as they are.

Luckily there are some human soldiers down here as well who seem passive enough, though they're probably criminals he has regardless recruited one through the use of his fancy poetry, and undoubtedly his adorable face. Hopefully he will be able to aid Shezpa get past that which mires his path.

Anyway thanks for actually reading this if you did, i needed some kind of break from skulking through the horrible lag filled halls so i decided to write some silly story about it.
Hopefully it at least reads well.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:38:04 am by SlothPajamas »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12250 on: May 31, 2016, 11:12:53 am »

Luckily there are some human soldiers down here as well who seem passive enough, though they're probably criminals he has regardless recruited one through the use of his fancy poetry, and undoubtedly his adorable face. Hopefully he will be able to aid Shezpa get past that which mires his path.

I now have the image of basically a mudkip-man going up to some sewer-dwelling mobsters and going "So..I heard you like axolotls adventure." and somehow they join up, instead of purging the old meme that's crawled up from the depths.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12251 on: May 31, 2016, 03:07:25 pm »

So, I've done quite a lot in my current world - I finished up the house I was building, "decorated" it with remains of my victims, eventually retired that adventurer and made 2 more to join her as hearthpeople and companions.

I've made several more adventurers, mostly to take over ruined towns - haven't killed too many beasts. I'll probably start the thread I mentioned soon, since going through legends mode it's definitely an interesting one. Interesting in terms of the map and geographical positions of civs as well.

Also, sorry for a bit of shilling, but if you guys don't know already, there's a Discord live chat, I'd highly recommend joining as it's highly entertaining.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: June 01, 2016, 12:16:23 pm »

I'm having trouble getting my companions to stop fighting with each other.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12253 on: June 01, 2016, 01:05:25 pm »

My demon waifu and I built a little tower house. It took the two of us about a month to build. I drank from the brook and Biretha hunted for me. This morning I woke up with her on top of me. Now I'm going to go raid some bandit camps for money and then a tower for books!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12254 on: June 01, 2016, 01:21:30 pm »

This morning I woke up with her on top of me.
tfw no broken skeleton
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 1104