Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994660 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12975 on: August 30, 2016, 11:19:31 am »

so I just learned you can use vermin as items for reactions.
leading to crafting a battle axe made from a monarch butterfly chitin engraved with beetle, thrips, and worm spike parts.
sadly you can't keep them alive when you use them.

Yep. I'm at an utter loss for what sane uses this has though.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: August 30, 2016, 11:24:46 am »

so I just learned you can use vermin as items for reactions.
leading to crafting a battle axe made from a monarch butterfly chitin engraved with beetle, thrips, and worm spike parts.
sadly you can't keep them alive when you use them.

Yep. I'm at an utter loss for what sane uses this has though.
yeah beats me, I guess making fairy armor or wambler shoes or something?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12977 on: August 30, 2016, 11:31:33 am »

Fluffy wamblers would be a source of floof at least. Maybe also harvesting spider silk. Other than that, it would be more useful if we could obtain vermin fish in adventure mode.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12978 on: August 30, 2016, 03:18:39 pm »

By "can't keep them alive" do you mean the preserve reagent tag doesn't work with them?

I knew you could use an interaction to spawn vermin, but not that vermin could be reagents.

I guess you can catch a bunch of live vermin and press them into a delicious ratty cake.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: August 30, 2016, 03:41:01 pm »

That is odd. You mean a live vermin automatically becomes remains if used in a reaction? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: August 30, 2016, 04:31:03 pm »

Been going down the rabbit hole with modding recently; the Kamuk run on possibly perpetual hold.

Was going to have metalsmithing reactions require charcoal, but finding an NPC fort with a woodburner's furnace has been met with zero luck during testing. More miss than hit.

An interesting thing though has been getting NPCs to spawn with items they'll hold rather than strap away. An NPC will spawn with an item that has the tool takens meat_slicing, meat_carving, and/or meat_boning, but any tool with a prepare:recover gets strapped. So things like walking sticks and whatnot just can't have prepare:recovers.

Also trying to coordinate categories (ie woodworker) as they appear in fort mode with adv mode is always fun. Where the overlap begins and ends is always up for some dispute.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12981 on: August 30, 2016, 04:55:29 pm »

Very odd. I assume this means that a tool can have an attack definition, but not the prepare/recover info? Unless that token is compulsory, in which case it precludes allowing civilians to brandish weapon-like tools.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12982 on: August 30, 2016, 05:06:24 pm »

More like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's no:
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20:400:jab:jabs:NO_SUB:1000]
   [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]

So the staff then just has a default strike as an attack.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: August 30, 2016, 06:21:03 pm »

Ah, I see. That actually is kinda sad. It would likely make the weapon drastically less useful, though I'm not sure how the default "MISC object" attack is in attack token terms. Anyone figured out what the velocity and contact area would be? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12984 on: August 30, 2016, 09:59:55 pm »

For my purposes it's usable, as it should resemble a book or an instrument. It was both those things that led me to removing the attack info as you do see NPCs holding those items. The staff wasn't meant to be a weapon for what I'm doing.

A random aside: I do wish you could mandate [HAULING] as a token, too. It would make a lot of sense for say bags of stuff as opposed to how the backpack is an infinite Bag of Holding.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: August 31, 2016, 02:17:11 am »

By "can't keep them alive" do you mean the preserve reagent tag doesn't work with them?

I knew you could use an interaction to spawn vermin, but not that vermin could be reagents.

I guess you can catch a bunch of live vermin and press them into a delicious ratty cake.
keep them alive as in having an item made of living bugs, the preserve reagent tag does work them.
also it seems to take the flesh of the vermin as resource so you end up with skin of vermin than any other body part.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12986 on: August 31, 2016, 04:53:46 pm »

Next on our shitlist was another shrine. Last titan shrine I got lucky, snuck up behind a web-spewing titan, and brained it easily. Then there was the shrine with a mi-go. This time, it's a titan made of coral. Turns out my chert spear can damage it, and the first strike hobbled it. Aside from it breaking my companion's already-useless arm, no trouble was had.

Continuing on our journey, my ally randomly mentioned the menacing presence of that treant we killed ages ago. I'm sorry, you don't remember cowering elsewhere while my OTHER friend got herself ripped limb from limb? Don't recall my killing the overgrown shrubbery, and building a pyre for Dlostayrbin? Or maybe you forgot about the treant wooden crutch being the only reason you can still keep up?

But soon, we caught sight of civilization. At long last, something nearby. But first, we stalk a labyrinth. "You hear unintelligible chanting." Well, this is gonna suck.

Stab. Dodge. Stab, dodge. Stab-dodge. Stabdodge. Scramble to get the shoggoth chasing me down a path that isn't leading into a dead it. Soon enough we've done a little back-and-forth from the small room it was lurking in, into the tunnels, and back into its room. Cripple the limbs, and the body will be vulnerable.

And so our journey took us to an amphibian man hamlet, where it seems bandits are harassing people in the streets. As fellow children of the underground, we won't stand for this.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: August 31, 2016, 05:43:25 pm »

keep them alive as in having an item made of living bugs, the preserve reagent tag does work them.
also it seems to take the flesh of the vermin as resource so you end up with skin of vermin than any other body part.

Oh, cool. That means you can make interactions to "milk" a vermin for a material or object. So long as you're not using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT and instead explicitly tell it to use the vermin's milk or whatever. The reaction would have to be species-specific, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12988 on: August 31, 2016, 05:48:58 pm »

Oh dear. The local amphibian men have a group skirmishing with them, likely the human civilization. It seems apparent that we'll have to find out how to deal with this issue. But how, I'm unsure.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: August 31, 2016, 06:11:46 pm »

So all I'm hearing from this discussion is that you can grab a roach, make a roach carapace mug, fill it with roaches, and then let someone drink it?
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1103