Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020809 times)

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13170 on: October 27, 2016, 01:19:26 pm »

zombie dorftress? whats

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: October 27, 2016, 02:41:42 pm »

long story short, someone other than the original creator updated the old 2011 corrosion mod for the recent dwarf fortress update.
now the infected zombie horde in the mod can now infect folks by biting them which over time turns their victims into the walking dead.
pretty fun if you play it in a don't fight and run playstyle.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: October 27, 2016, 02:57:47 pm »

long story short, someone other than the original creator updated the old 2011 corrosion mod for the recent dwarf fortress update.
now the infected zombie horde in the mod can now infect folks by biting them which over time turns their victims into the walking dead.

Infectious zombies in df. Oh god. Fortress mode must be SUPER Fun now.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: October 28, 2016, 06:20:26 am »

the original creator kinda went full on total conversion and made digging kinda impossible so folks have to build on the surface.
the old infection was before syndromes could slap a interaction or transform you so it just made folks really really woozy.

So Key and her party of 4 ran through the city looking for any supplies to snatch. Key didn't suspect to be roaming * to stop her from fast traveling and had to run.
then suddenly Key heard some person a warlord asking the infected lepers for a drink and getting served.
She quickly bolted these expecting survivors or at best free booze to steal, and found Pod a warlord drunk in a chair with a cup in his hands.
(I really should had recruited him but I didn't want to push my luck), Key grab some cups and booze barrels then got out of the rotten metropolis.

so far starting to like this adventurer and have high hope she lives long and probably hit president status.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: October 29, 2016, 01:55:06 pm »

so now, i gotta kill a dark creature bride who is supposedly located in goblin dark pits. where should i look? i stormed throught the towers and the underground part but didnt find her. Also the goblins confirm that she is in their region but cant tell where

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: October 29, 2016, 03:53:16 pm »

I got a similar quest recently, it turned out the creatures lair was actually in he tiny unclaimed square in between the four goblin sites. They weren't home when I got there, though.

Probably out wandering around.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: October 29, 2016, 04:13:11 pm »

the original creator kinda went full on total conversion and made digging kinda impossible so folks have to build on the surface.
the old infection was before syndromes could slap a interaction or transform you so it just made folks really really woozy.

So Key and her party of 4 ran through the city looking for any supplies to snatch. Key didn't suspect to be roaming * to stop her from fast traveling and had to run.
then suddenly Key heard some person a warlord asking the infected lepers for a drink and getting served.
She quickly bolted these expecting survivors or at best free booze to steal, and found Pod a warlord drunk in a chair with a cup in his hands.
(I really should had recruited him but I didn't want to push my luck), Key grab some cups and booze barrels then got out of the rotten metropolis.

so far starting to like this adventurer and have high hope she lives long and probably hit president status.

Just a question, is it possible to recruit a demon? I wouldn't expect it to be, but if it is...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HEE HO MOTHERFUCKERS!
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13177 on: October 29, 2016, 04:36:10 pm »

Just a question, is it possible to recruit a demon? I wouldn't expect it to be, but if it is...

HEE HO MOTHERFUCKERS!
Yes, you need the slab from a vault though.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13178 on: October 29, 2016, 04:57:20 pm »

HEE HO MOTHERFUCKERS!
Yes, you need the slab from a vault though.

Urist mcgami-tensei bois!

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: October 29, 2016, 06:05:07 pm »

Still in early game mode. Shield user and speardwarf are at adequate, dodger at novice, wrestler and bowdwarf at proficient, and fighter at expert. While dodger skill is 85% through novice, observer is up from dabbling to novice, intuition is now above average, with spatial and kinesthetic both at high.
Not a bad time to try to keep shield and dodger at parity by switching to having dodge prefs set to move around, charge set to dodge away. At this point, auto-defense (for both dodge and block) will mostly be single action (your action is only defend versus their attack). Mutual action (you attack, they attack, you auto-defend) is fine working off a clean attack menu. Clean being there aren't any significant opportunities for attack marked by any cyan exclamation point.

Out of moose meat, Chaucerian yeodwarf-archer Fath Woodpot had been living on artichoke hearts and lettuce leaves, until he came upon two wolf packs. Then he was off to trade meat and leather in the next human town. I also had Fath recruit a dwarven knight (lasher edited in the .exe) and historical elf-killer, Mistem Mirrorpages. I haven't recruited companions for any character since February, but this time my character didn't micromanage the encounters, so during a short-lived campaign that involved a meadhall dispute, Mistem lost the ability to stand.
Fath made him a crutch and walked him back to the hillock he originated from.

Since switching to mainly using "ask about surrounding area" most characters have gotten better information in general, in that it's not specific or directional. There's a fair amount of noise to signal, but that makes it oddly worthwhile as I've gotten used to the game's use of identifiers.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:11:31 pm by peasant cretin »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13180 on: October 29, 2016, 06:19:47 pm »

As a storm giant, I came across a camp of 76 or so elf bandits, apparently the remnants of a fallen civ. I took out quite a bit of them but it seemed like it wasn't getting anywhere - so I went and killed a magma giant instead. I'll probably come back to the elf camp later on to wipe out the rest of them as another adventurer.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: October 29, 2016, 11:09:13 pm »

Rumrusher also made an invoke script, though I can't use it because the 64 bit ui_advmode symbols aren't found yet, but it's basically just changing the top two convo entries into the bind/banish fields.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: October 30, 2016, 12:12:32 pm »

I got a similar quest recently, it turned out the creatures lair was actually in he tiny unclaimed square in between the four goblin sites. They weren't home when I got there, though.

Probably out wandering around.

Turns out she WAS in the goblin "quarters", just in corridor i somehow missed. its weird that i didnt run into her though, with how much i been in those corridors
Also its funny how goblins were totally oblivious about that shes there, even though she murdered a few of em

Took me long enough and the night came but no bogies attacked me when i was travelling. huh. Just like that one time when they cam right before dawn and died before they even could get near me (that was on other adventurer). *sigh* Now wish i didnt have to take any risks but my bros ran off into random directions and never returned
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:48:22 pm by adamkad1 »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: October 31, 2016, 07:20:00 pm »

Fath Woodpot has stopped off at the city/town of Largesounded which feels like it's set at the very top of the world. Maybe this is because it's just below the ice cap, well west of the dwarven enclave he's from. It's at the end of a peninsula surrounded by the sea, not all that different from his civ set on a stretch of forest, surrounded by tundra. The north has always been a place of solitude.
At night there's higher lag with all the animals milling around the outskirts, and Largesounded has a backwater quality about it. No weapon or armorsmiths. No furniture shops. Abandoned houses and shops litter its neighborhoods.

Fath ends up settling into one of the abandoned buildings and lays all his items out before repairing his woolen clothing. Everything is new again except for gloves and mittens. They were given armor lvl 1 to nix the tick count wear.
He uses the ruined shop as a place to set up his blast furnace and wood furnace, each requiring 20 granite blocks to build. Here he makes an apple wood shop sign and begins weaponsmithing.
He makes 8 copper war hammers of varying quality, and about 5 from silver before producing a silver masterwork. If he ever makes it back home to Pillardikes, that silver one'll be the return gift for Lokum Gripcobalt the sheriff, a dwarf he's known his entire life.

This Fath Woodpot run probably doesn't get better than this. The most aliveness in the DF world seems to come from towns. In particular, coastal towns surrounded by freezing seas. You tend to get the highest variety for weather along frozen coasts.
Also, a town needs just enough abandoned shops/houses so your character can settle in.

Did a quick fort check on a duplicate save to read his thoughts. Generally I try to steer a character's traits and values toward producing consistent AI behavior.
Causing trouble is kind of a necessary trait/need mainly from the perspective of your character being able to accept conflicting opinions. A lack of cause trouble I've found results in a character rolling his/her eyes when in disagreement with other dwarves, despite being an extreme stoic and being completely tolerant of differences. Avoidance of physical confrontation which removes the need for fights, makes your character a flight risk in low end brawls, despite being fearless to the point of idiocy and immune to stress. It also produces lowers eyes while speaking. And no matter how close-minded a dwarf is, you can still alter values strangely enough.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:21:54 pm by peasant cretin »

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: November 01, 2016, 02:14:13 pm »

Fath Woodpot has stopped off at the city/town of Largesounded which feels like it's set at the very top of the world. Maybe this is because it's just below the ice cap, well west of the dwarven enclave he's from. It's at the end of a peninsula surrounded by the sea, not all that different from his civ set on a stretch of forest, surrounded by tundra. The north has always been a place of solitude.
At night there's higher lag with all the animals milling around the outskirts, and Largesounded has a backwater quality about it. No weapon or armorsmiths. No furniture shops. Abandoned houses and shops litter its neighborhoods.

Fath ends up settling into one of the abandoned buildings and lays all his items out before repairing his woolen clothing. Everything is new again except for gloves and mittens. They were given armor lvl 1 to nix the tick count wear.
He uses the ruined shop as a place to set up his blast furnace and wood furnace, each requiring 20 granite blocks to build. Here he makes an apple wood shop sign and begins weaponsmithing.
He makes 8 copper war hammers of varying quality, and about 5 from silver before producing a silver masterwork. If he ever makes it back home to Pillardikes, that silver one'll be the return gift for Lokum Gripcobalt the sheriff, a dwarf he's known his entire life.

This Fath Woodpot run probably doesn't get better than this. The most aliveness in the DF world seems to come from towns. In particular, coastal towns surrounded by freezing seas. You tend to get the highest variety for weather along frozen coasts.
Also, a town needs just enough abandoned shops/houses so your character can settle in.

Did a quick fort check on a duplicate save to read his thoughts. Generally I try to steer a character's traits and values toward producing consistent AI behavior.
Causing trouble is kind of a necessary trait/need mainly from the perspective of your character being able to accept conflicting opinions. A lack of cause trouble I've found results in a character rolling his/her eyes when in disagreement with other dwarves, despite being an extreme stoic and being completely tolerant of differences. Avoidance of physical confrontation which removes the need for fights, makes your character a flight risk in low end brawls, despite being fearless to the point of idiocy and immune to stress. It also produces lowers eyes while speaking. And no matter how close-minded a dwarf is, you can still alter values strangely enough.

what mod is that again
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1104