Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994957 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13515 on: January 07, 2017, 01:50:05 pm »

...ouch. So, visited the local chieftain and he mentioned his daughter being kidnapped by goblins years ago. Worth checking, though I suspect that they'll be native by then.

EDIT: Made it to the goblin fortress, out of food. Snuck into the closest tower, sticking to cover best as I can. One fishery worker spotted me and came running down the stairs, but got silenced quickly. The others seem to be just chatting and one claimed they attacked themselves.

EDIT 2: They've seen me, place is a flurry of activity now. In the spire at least, at this point stealth has gone out the window and kicked down the door to get back in.

EDIT 3: Found the guy in charge of this place. I'm not highly impressed.

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

EDIT 4: Okay I did just die, but I'm savescumming that because pbbbt. It lightly smacked my cheek and the force of that, despite not pulping the body part, pulped my head. It slapped my face so hard my HEAD felt it instead.

EDIT 5: Welp, this time I got my arm smashed apart further, passed out, and now have the damn thing wailing on my unconscious body repeatedly. >.o

I somehow survived and woke up briefly, and my attempt to dodge led to another KO. Took a lot more punishment this time, when I inevitably bite it I'd call this a more worthy death.

EDIT 6: "Master: Is this an attack? What is it this time..." Said after I regain consciousness again, my spine now broken. All I have is biting. Somehow I survive even longer after being KO'd again. If I can just score one solid hit...

EDIT 7: Welp, I tried. This is fine by me. I died with basically everything bruised, fractured, or worse, with a broken neck, ribs in my lungs, and teeth everywhere. And I died trying to nibble the bastard's kneecaps.

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:40:01 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: January 09, 2017, 09:31:11 pm »

The only thing I actively hate in this game mode is the friendly fire incidents. I was on a mission to execute a pack of bandits, and while getting ready to cross a river, we stumble into a herd of hippos. So naturally I attack them. Which ends in a total implosion of My army as everyone decides to kill each other in an impromptu brawl with weapons. People were losing hands, lives, legs, whatever. Eventually I got fed up and waded into the fray to bust heads open for the experience. And then came up to our spearman. And lost the ability to stand. Cue savescum and skipping the hippo slaying spree.

I've already completed and turned in the quest, just annoyed about that whole event and glad I can savescum.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: January 10, 2017, 12:47:46 am »

So, started a goblin lasher adventurer in the same dark fortress as last time, intending to maybe join the army marching on a hillock, maybe upstage the dwarf replacing the lord my last guy knocked off...

Halp, leaving home takes forever. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

DF_Silvestre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13518 on: January 10, 2017, 07:23:11 am »

The only thing I actively hate in this game mode is the friendly fire incidents. I was on a mission to execute a pack of bandits, and while getting ready to cross a river, we stumble into a herd of hippos. So naturally I attack them. Which ends in a total implosion of My army as everyone decides to kill each other in an impromptu brawl with weapons. People were losing hands, lives, legs, whatever. Eventually I got fed up and waded into the fray to bust heads open for the experience. And then came up to our spearman. And lost the ability to stand. Cue savescum and skipping the hippo slaying spree.

I've already completed and turned in the quest, just annoyed about that whole event and glad I can savescum.
How'd that happen? I've seen them go into tantrums, but never attack each other for no apparent reason.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13519 on: January 10, 2017, 08:57:57 am »

So, started a goblin lasher adventurer in the same dark fortress as last time, intending to maybe join the army marching on a hillock, maybe upstage the dwarf replacing the lord my last guy knocked off...

Halp, leaving home takes forever. ;w;

Don't play goblins then.  :P

How'd that happen? I've seen them go into tantrums, but never attack each other for no apparent reason.

I don't know how it happens but it's not my first time seeing people go berzerk for no reason. In my other file as Ithev Girderscribe my people would routinely sheathe their weapons and brawl in the open with no alcohol involved. And when a friendly "siege" occurred that could be disarmed by mere speech, they went and killed a few people anyway. Even after I'd recruited the newbies as hearth people.

It's to the point where I either savescum often, avoid attacking wildlife, or my next campaign starts in fortress mode making a human town, and switches to adventure mode when I have some decently trained, fully armed and armored warriors to recruit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13520 on: January 10, 2017, 09:22:53 am »

"Soandso rules Thistown, not that it matters as the seat of Aso Somethingorother is here, and the blood-drinker will allow no chattel to rise."
'Huh, I wonder how obvious this dude is?'
*walks to the keep*
'Tell me about your family, Mr. Totally-not-an-obvious-vampire.'

'So your younger brother died of old age 221 years ago?'
"Yup."
'...don't think that sounds a little suspicious?'
"Not really, but out of the more than one hundred and twenty or so years I spent working various jobs, not a one of them involved critical thinking, so what would I know?"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13521 on: January 10, 2017, 11:54:37 am »

Don't play goblins then.  :P

But I wanted to, it's fun being evil. 3:

'So your younger brother died of old age 221 years ago?'

I get the feeling that any vampire ballsy enough to become a civ leader (thus requiring them to eventually give up their authority to fuck off when the citizenry become suspicious) has reached the point where they're done giving a fuck.

EDIT: I rolled into the hillocks under cover of night, finding no sign of invaders. So I wiped the fuckers out. On my way back up, deciding to check out the dark pit the army is supposed to be marching from, I'm attacked by what I assume to be bandits.

EDIT 2: Made it to the dark pit that's in charge of the invasion. Good, they aren't hostile to me, and I got a pair of companions that are actually following me around properly. Time to visit the local lord and see about getting some action, since that miserable dwarf actually ISN'T the one directing the invasion.

EDIT 3: Only had to tell them about a single dorf I killed to get him to let me join. First mission is to...assassinate a surfaced animal-person, probably a chieftain. Seriously?

EDIT 4: Nope. It's an administrator for a conquered village, with signs of being fortified by goblins. Oddly, the admin went no-quarter on sight, while the civilians are ignoring me. Gonna hope that giving the oppressed masses a "change in leadership" doesn't piss off my comrades.

EDIT 5: My fellow goblins are fine with it. Funny, the villagers standing around just stood there and watched.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:34:54 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

jumboji

• Escaped Lunatic
  • i love dwarf fortress!
    • View Profile
    • wanna see my art?
« Reply #13522 on: January 10, 2017, 06:22:20 pm »

searching for artifact weapons ! but sometimes i wish u could commission black smithes or clothiers to make certain clothes and weapons with details you input , that would be sweet! :D

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13523 on: January 10, 2017, 06:28:11 pm »

I swear, what is WITH these twats ordering me to kill subterranean animal people? What token on the part of animal-people is to blame here? -w-

EDIT: Sent after another olm man administrator, in the town next to the ruins. This time one of the peasants was brave enough to fight back. Guess they actually like this particular puppet of the demon king.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:54:31 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13524 on: January 10, 2017, 10:06:54 pm »

searching for artifact weapons ! but sometimes i wish u could commission black smithes or clothiers to make certain clothes and weapons with details you input , that would be sweet! :D

You can't in adventure mode because Adventure mode doesn't seem to have any production going on whatsoever.

Unless you're playing an oddly sized animal person, however, you CAN do just that by building a fortress capable of supporting a working smithy in Fortress mode. Which is easy as Hell and can be done in the first year as long as your site has the resources for it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13525 on: January 11, 2017, 04:38:57 pm »

Yeeeeaaah, 16 instruments is too many, especially if 4 are uncraftable and they're mixed with generated ones. I'm halving it, along with some other changes.

EDIT: Ported over some of my changes to my latest adventure, so the local goblin lord stopped being racist against native animal-people chieftains.

EDIT 2: ...oh. So, the two hamlets where I fucked shit up earlier? One was blue as if it was ruined, and indeed the local lord said it was destroyed by a beast early in history. But after I assassinated the goblin-placed administrator of the OTHER hamlet? It's also turned blue, it was white like normal hamlets when I first went there! D:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:21:03 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13526 on: January 11, 2017, 09:39:44 pm »

You killed the boss and everyone up and ran. Tsk tsk. This is why being evil doesn't pay.

For me it's all about being a badass, and sadly, the evil creatures are far more badass to kill than the good ones. Sooooo . . . I ain't raiding hamlets and towns. I'm attacking dragons and titans.

Although right now it's more like ambushing bandits in their own camps as they sleep. If it ups my reputation and lets me lead more warriors when I do kill the real monsters, I'll take it for a while.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13527 on: January 11, 2017, 10:17:17 pm »

But being evil is Fun. D:

I fixed that weirdness though, so now my goblin lord is ordering me to hunt real monsters.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13528 on: January 12, 2017, 08:28:00 am »

Being powerful is fun. Being evil isn't anything in this game yet. It's a buggy, laggy mess where people don't react as harshly as they could. When there's something real to disrupt and you actually get the interaction ability to make being evil pay, THEN it'll be fun. For now it's about figuring out which side has the most people to kill and the harshest creatures to come up against, and that's the immoral/evil side my friend. For me, anyway, We probably have different definitions of fun. Mine doesn't involve causing innocent people to cry when I can't enslave and force them to work for me yet.

ETA: Though necromancy can fake it pretty well for what we get. There isn't enough in the game in my eyes for that yet.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13529 on: January 12, 2017, 11:02:03 am »

Being evil was fun in 0.34 when you could get an entire market pissed at you with a single attack. No cowards back then.
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1103