Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995147 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13530 on: January 12, 2017, 02:12:41 pm »

Being powerful is fun. Being evil isn't anything in this game yet. It's a buggy, laggy mess where people don't react as harshly as they could. When there's something real to disrupt and you actually get the interaction ability to make being evil pay, THEN it'll be fun. For now it's about figuring out which side has the most people to kill and the harshest creatures to come up against, and that's the immoral/evil side my friend. For me, anyway, We probably have different definitions of fun. Mine doesn't involve causing innocent people to cry when I can't enslave and force them to work for me yet.

ETA: Though necromancy can fake it pretty well for what we get. There isn't enough in the game in my eyes for that yet.

Drinking blood in public, turning into a werebeast in public, bringing a posse of hostiles (like undead) with you, simply BEING a husk/thrall...

However, giving humans and other creatures you want to react properly natural discipline will help. I don't yet know whether it'll make them more likely to actually react to hostility going on around them, but it will at least make them more inclined to fight when they DO.

Actually...I have an idea. Humans, dwarves and such have the [BENIGN] token. What happens if you remove that?

Also, I've had hearthpeople from a human hamlet go no-quarter on me extremely quickly after I offered to serve a local chieftain they were at war with. They started with just spitting on me until provoked further though. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13531 on: January 13, 2017, 03:08:00 pm »

Unless you're playing an oddly sized animal person, however, you CAN do just that by building a fortress capable of supporting a working smithy in Fortress mode. Which is easy as Hell and can be done in the first year as long as your site has the resources for it.
Actually, Now a days you can choose to make armor for animal men, just press 'd' for details, and select the creature.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: January 13, 2017, 03:12:59 pm »

Yeah, you can use the details section and abuse fortress mode. Orrrr use mods and make your own armor. 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13533 on: January 13, 2017, 03:23:12 pm »

I can never get my adventure started as a dwarf. I keep getting lost in the fort, not finding the exit
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: January 13, 2017, 03:34:51 pm »

Forts are a pain in the ass, yeah. If you find a wide hallway, cling to it for dear life, it tends to lead to the stairs or ramp back out.

Meanwhile, time for a new world. I've got extent civilizations of amphibian men, ant men, bat men, cave fish men, cave swallow men, dwarves, elves, goblins, humans, kobolds, olm men, reptile men, rodent men, and serpent men. Holy fuck yes, the gang's all here. Seems setting civ count to 15 is plenty enough.

But who to be this time...

EDIT: Went with a dwarven bard-type person, annoying the only music I know doesn't even USE instruments. Spawned in an area I couldn't find any exit from, but was still able to fast-travel to the exit. Only fellow dorf I've even seen is the broker manning the depot, who was having a one-way conversation with his imaginary friend, the local champion. So far belowdecks it's nothing but stray cats and horses.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:05:05 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13535 on: January 13, 2017, 05:09:29 pm »

I can never get my adventure started as a dwarf. I keep getting lost in the fort, not finding the exit

Find the stockpiles, and wander around the area close to them, or just start in a hillocks.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13536 on: January 13, 2017, 05:13:06 pm »

Yeah, this fortress was a mild annoyance to navigate, but eh.

Okay, it was funny early on when I encountered this, but now it's pissing me off. I thought I fixed that bug already. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Dylanier

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: January 14, 2017, 05:41:16 am »

I had something interesting happen. I was wandering the wild (as you do). There was a traveling group and I walked into them and they attacked. I pop into find about 15-20 combat Dwarves, Ratmen, and an Elite Crossbow Kobold.
So I kill most of them and the remainder run away. I then notice there are a bunch of instruments littering the battlefield. I start going through loot, I find a Ratman and a Dwarf with books on them. So I check and they were written by the people I had killed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if maybe they were traveling murderous minstrels or what they were. I've never seen this before though.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:50:31 am by Dylanier »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: January 14, 2017, 12:40:37 pm »

Performance troupes are stored as a kind of entity and pull you out of other civs sadly, since they have no default gear or sites you end up with groups roaming the map nude who try to hit you with books, I like to think of it as a very weird librarian hazing ritual, if you can survive doing that, you can probably survive in a library.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13539 on: January 14, 2017, 01:57:28 pm »

Performance troupes are stored as a kind of entity and pull you out of other civs sadly, since they have no default gear or sites you end up with groups roaming the map nude who try to hit you with books, I like to think of it as a very weird librarian hazing ritual, if you can survive doing that, you can probably survive in a library.

If I recall, claiming a site you build yourself does that too, sadly.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13540 on: January 14, 2017, 02:40:57 pm »

Yeah, unless you hack in the links to your parent civ properly, which notifies the rest of the world about the presence of your site.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13541 on: January 15, 2017, 08:58:29 am »

Gee, thanks.
One wheel short of a wagon

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13542 on: January 15, 2017, 12:07:55 pm »

I would too, if I was surrounded by dorfs. 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: January 15, 2017, 03:57:52 pm »

I have made a new adventurer to make up for my save corruption(and the perfect world/biome embark site for me atleast); basically he jumped into a cave, into 2 deep pits and down a downwards passage looking for a blood thorn blowgun to farm my blowgunner skills with (and just because I want the blow gun to be made out of the densest wood in the game) after he made the world kneel before him and I ran into this:

further inspection:

problem is once I am happy with my blowgunner skill(and getting that blood thorn blowgun)...  finding a way out of the underworld, especially the third layer would be time consuming.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13544 on: January 15, 2017, 04:14:51 pm »

...have fun with that. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1103