Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994619 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13575 on: January 18, 2017, 05:52:05 pm »

Also confirming modding Fun, as shoggoth slime is...bad, unless you get it washed off very quickly. And THEN fast-travel, unless the changes to fast travel healing fixed syndromes being erased. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13576 on: January 18, 2017, 06:09:48 pm »

hmm I need to see if stacking an adventurer multiple times mean they get to attack all at once?
or see if I can separate an adventurer clone.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: January 18, 2017, 06:53:47 pm »

ZA WARUDO

So, in "let's see what brainfuckery Max is up to this time" news, I took control of another kidnapped elf girl and set out on a murderspree to find my way home (it's a pain to put a proper beard back on a dorflet or elf/human boy) but this time instead of gearing up full armor and whatnot I just started grabbing stuff and seeing how I could attach it in my inventory.

The experiment was amusing and interesting, until it took a turn for the occult:

See, I found that toy soldier (one of the various toys I added cause why not) in a bandit camp and figured I'd set it on my shoulder and pretend it was a pet, right?

WHY IS IT ON MY HEAD?

WHY DID A BUNCH OF HORSES AND ELEPHANTS AMBUSH ME?
WHY DID I TELL THEM HOW MUCH FUN I HAD PLAYING WITH MY REAL-IMAGINARY-POSSIBLY-HAUNTED-PET-TOY-SOLDIER?
FUCK!

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: January 18, 2017, 08:01:17 pm »

WHY DID A BUNCH OF HORSES AND ELEPHANTS AMBUSH ME?
WHY DID I TELL THEM HOW MUCH FUN I HAD PLAYING WITH MY REAL-IMAGINARY-POSSIBLY-HAUNTED-PET-TOY-SOLDIER?
FUCK!
Those horses and elephants are enforcing a dress code?

/////////////////////////////

Num had 1 book found at fortress Relicweavers, "A World of The Composition", but it isn't all that good. Still it's all he has to fill the need for self-examination, abstract thought, and admire art. He decides to fast-travel to fortress Pageblocked, hoping for a library. There isn't one. He contents himself with asking Pageblocked's broker about the surrounding area. There's apparently a roc somewhere long this mountain chain, but the information that gains the most interest is word that a book called "Of the Mountain Halls" was lost in mountain hall Trammelmines over 500 years ago. It's is 6 quest map tiles NW of fortress Pageblocked.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, he's off on a quest to find a lost book.

Num (first jogging, then running) slow travels cavern level one from fortress Pageblocked to mountain hall Trammelmines while in persistent ambusher. It's a viable activity because dwarves have a low light vision value of 10K which grants them the full 25 tile vision field. If you're standing and not prone, while in sneak/ambusher mode, NPCs notice you at 20 tiles. At below proficient weapon skill levels, use of ambusher is a given when traveling cavern level one, as you do need to be able to spot a giant cave spider via its red EXTRAVISION field, well before the 20 tile mark. With ambusher set to off, the white "S" of the GCS might not stand out on the white rock block floor. Outside of luck, a novice fighter skill, dabbling spear/knife dwarf wouldn't survive such an encounter. The GCS is really just a mini-titan/FB webber.

Along the rock block road, Num stops off at the various mountain halls looking for padded coats with dye. For the exterior most clothing layer, it's always great to get emerald or red root dye as both stand out on almost every background, save for the clutter of a fortress warehouse. He also chats with the dwarves he finds. They all seem to be from elsewhere as "ask about the surrounding area" results in "Ask me when I've returned to my home!" Mountain halls have that empty quality of solitude that makes their vigils all the more remote. At least the sheriff and militia commander at one hall are a traveling pair.
By the time he's arrived in Trammelmines, he's killed 3 giant bats, the only overtly hostile and quick moving critters on this level, and he's hit GM ambusher.
The trip is almost a wash though, as "Of the Mountain Halls"  is nowhere to be found, in or around mountain hall Trammelmines. However Num finds an interesting image on an emerald thread «padded rope reed coat» while checking for dye.
When it comes to decorations, the good ones are far and few between for any-range austere characters, as they won't receive a conflicting thought when wearing a no quality level «decorated item», even more so for decorations which are solely images (as the one Num found) without the excess garish flourish of the other types.

With the surprising gain of both an emerald thread «padded rope reed coat» and an padded rope reed coat in red root dye, Num slow travels the 6 quest map tiles eastward on the dwarven superhighway to fortress Whippedmachine, tangling up with a 4th giant bat on the way. Num returns to the surface here. He hoped to find a library, but instead finds a tavern brawl between a human and a goblin carpenter.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: January 18, 2017, 08:21:39 pm »

Went and slept in a guy's hut, after asking him if it was fine to spend the night... Decided to sleep as long as I could, and just so happened to sleep until just a moment before the next night began. My host for the previous night decided to unveil that he was a wereiguana, fracture my shoulder, and then my head exploded in gore. I didn't even get a chance to fight back, I pulled out my scourge and then was dead. Last time I'm sleeping in a home I didn't make myself.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: January 18, 2017, 09:03:58 pm »

I've made a new adventurer, the first for a long time! In this world, beasts and goblins have all but destroyed civilization! Ica Stoodshrine's quest is to slay the great beasts and push back the goblins! (And maybe get himself a rhino demon waifu in the process!)

So far, he's slain a few hundred goblins, freed five conquered settlements, spoken to the last living dwarf, and now he's trying to retrieve the rhino demon's slab.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: January 18, 2017, 09:08:38 pm »

I've made a new adventurer, the first for a long time! In this world, beasts and goblins have all but destroyed civilization! Ica Stoodshrine's quest is to slay the great beasts and push back the goblins! (And maybe get himself a rhino demon waifu in the process!)

So far, he's slain a few hundred goblins, freed five conquered settlements, spoken to the last living dwarf, and now he's trying to retrieve the rhino demon's slab.

It's too bad you couldn't recruit that dwarf, would be an amazing story hearing of you guys and your demon's travels freeing the world, until a giant dingo ends it all in your sleep.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: January 18, 2017, 09:11:51 pm »

Alas, she was in the middle of a goblin-controlled fortress, unskilled and weaponless. Not even my regular companions made it out of there.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: January 18, 2017, 09:16:25 pm »

Alas, she was in the middle of a goblin-controlled fortress, unskilled and weaponless. Not even my regular companions made it out of there.

Yeah fortresses are terrors, me and my rather large and decently trained party, at least in shield user, all died when I tried to tackle one this morning. After freeing some prisoners who started punching along with us to freedom, I think we totalled fourteen men in all, and still got our kidneys handed to us by threshers and hunters.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: January 18, 2017, 09:21:04 pm »

Not a dark fortress, a regular fortress. A conquered mountainhome.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: January 18, 2017, 09:22:26 pm »

Not a dark fortress, a regular fortress. A conquered mountainhome.

Damn, never seen one conquered. Bet it's cause of how you set up your world though.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13586 on: January 18, 2017, 09:33:01 pm »

Really? I see them all the time. Dwarves are pushovers in worldgen.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: January 19, 2017, 01:42:05 am »

I want to play DF again! I downloaded the new version, made a world with longish history and started adventuring.

There are no bandit quests. According to the villagers, we're surrounded by rocs, titans, bronze collosi and a giant goblin army. It is terrifying. No such luck as caves full of innocent animal men to murder in their sleep. There also doesn't seem to be a single sword in town, much less somebody besides myself to wield it. I set out into the wilderness on my own, to forge my destiny.

I got punched in the head by a bogeyman while I was sleeping and died instantly.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13588 on: January 19, 2017, 11:38:07 am »

I got punched in the head by a bogeyman while I was sleeping and died instantly.

Aaaand another returning player learns the value of advanced world gen. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: January 19, 2017, 02:15:36 pm »

I made it to the Doom of Omli - a one-eyed feathered chameleon. It wrestled my sword away from me with its rear leg. Then it murdered me with my own sword. How is that even possible!? It doesn't have any hands! I smell a bug.
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1103