Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021904 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13710 on: February 18, 2017, 01:51:20 pm »

So, I did a terrible thing. And I did it the hard way.

"A giant humanoid monster with a hundred arms, and fifty heads.  Sweet Armok, why would you do this?"

Sure, I did try and first maybe just giving them 100 upper arms and 50 necks, then using CON_CAT to generate the child bodyparts without too much more copy-pasting. But the end result made the bodypart names look weird. Like "right hand, right lower arm, right upper arm" for example.

So yep. Had to define 50 right upper arms, 50 left upper arms, 50 right lower arms, 50 left lower arms, 50 right hands, 50 left hands, 50 necks, and 50 heads.

So you bet your ass that I flagged punches as being spammable like hydra bites are. 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: February 18, 2017, 01:55:01 pm »

Seems like the number flag would work there, like for ribs and teeth?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: February 18, 2017, 02:12:42 pm »

Seems like the number flag would work there, like for ribs and teeth?

I tried that. Numbered parts can't accept children parts. Even then it'd likely still look weird. Oh well, somehow having SO MANY individually-defined parts doesn't cripple my PC.

Sadly seems my first town is mostly abandoned, but I happened upon a tavern keeper. Bastard won't sell me booze, so I basically punched all his limbs into submission at once.

EDIT: "ATATATATATATA"

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:16:54 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: February 18, 2017, 02:18:53 pm »

Hmmm, yeah, the hand and finger connections would get weird I bet, I learned that when I was trying the 1 metal arm like Guts thing for someone on /dfg/ where I only discovered I had flesh and bone fingers on a metal arm due to the idea of testing if the arm was damaged by fire, it wasn't, but the fingers were... so I just made a clone of the full body with only one arm+fingers, and another with the other arm+fingers so I could define the parts properly.

Also means stuff like metal teeth and actually metallic bones instead of just metal property bone copies are possible with the right tissue/part selections.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: February 18, 2017, 02:29:29 pm »

I left fingers, eyes, and other stuff alone though, because those are already supposed to be weird when you have multiple arms or heads.

Meanwhile...yeah, giving them the freedom to multiattack punches without penalty is a TERRIBLE idea. You can literally just select about a dozen punches to the head and expect enough to go through to pulp the target.

I'm basically a giant, multilimbed naked Kenshiro, except everyone dies before I even have time to say "Omae wa mou shinderu." at them. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: February 18, 2017, 03:06:06 pm »

Well shit, if you want hilarity, I added a total of five extra limbs which are just swords, aren't targetable, can't be seen in descriptions, just there to represent the whole "the act of cutting does not require a sword" effect and having multiple lets you do the flurry of slashes badassery, except you can do silly shit like hack a limb off with the first swing and then hit it three times in midair? I mean, I did it to have a flashy show-off type move and it feels a bit too show-off-ish.

Still not as scary as the angels, super dense armor suits with just-barely-above absolute zero cold white flames inside, they haul ass at like 6.6 spd all the time, have multiattack punch/kick/elbow/knee/headbutt attacks, and all are edged! I've never felt as bad about the shit I do to mook level enemies as I did after being mooked by an angel.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: February 18, 2017, 04:19:51 pm »

Toying with [CRAZED] to get big civil wars scenarios in towns due to multi-specie nature of current df and the worldgen completely ignoring this token and pilling still species on top of each other in locations.

Spawned in a castle in which a big battle was going on between my human leaders and a bunch of gob and elves cultist with exotic titles, i played Captain America and threw a bronze shield at a "sacred queen" , breaking some ribs.

just before a dancer removed her head with his knife, revealing the sacred queen to just be some elf butcher.

Later decide to get outside, only to run into a goblin crossbowman, before he could fill me with bolts, i decided to simply strike that damned evil thing down.

Now that's an overly polite berserked and heinous goblin with spilled guts.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: February 18, 2017, 04:53:56 pm »

Well shit, if you want hilarity, I added a total of five extra limbs which are just swords, aren't targetable, can't be seen in descriptions, just there to represent the whole "the act of cutting does not require a sword" effect and having multiple lets you do the flurry of slashes badassery, except you can do silly shit like hack a limb off with the first swing and then hit it three times in midair? I mean, I did it to have a flashy show-off type move and it feels a bit too show-off-ish.

Still not as scary as the angels, super dense armor suits with just-barely-above absolute zero cold white flames inside, they haul ass at like 6.6 spd all the time, have multiattack punch/kick/elbow/knee/headbutt attacks, and all are edged! I've never felt as bad about the shit I do to mook level enemies as I did after being mooked by an angel.

That is glorious. Meanwhile, well...it's sheer tedium actually designating ONE HUNDRED PUNCHES but fuck it, I'm gonna do it. Wish me luck and hope my PC doesn't die weeping tears of blood.

EDIT: Combat messages log now has 17 fucking pages of punching.

EDIT 2: Chased down two fleeing bandits and had the good fortune to get them both next to me. Multiattack spam go!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neither of them had a good time.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:06:31 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: February 18, 2017, 07:00:07 pm »

The village elder Eulotios Avosbogris: Greetings.  It is good to see you.  Are you still dancing?  Hopefully your friends can dissuade you from this foolishness.

That hurt, dude. ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: February 18, 2017, 07:11:05 pm »

In the morning, Num Muddyboots decides to make the journey through The Forest of Bowels to home hillock Rainylabors. He returns to hillock Sensetombs for some asparagus prior to departure. He'll slow travel with ambusher on at about 0.793 walking speed/0.977 jogging speed for the remainder of the journey.

When attempting to slow travel with as little encumbrance as possible, it's better to hunt during the tail end of the trip. While the main road would reduce the chances of violent encounter, much less it learned about the area than from off road slow travel, so he'll shadow the main road from around 3-4 world map tiles as he proceeds northward back to Rainylabors. Num crosses paths with many moose and deer, but he waits until he's closer to home.

In the vicinity of Rainylabors, Num wanders the forests, looking for quarry. He keeps clear of the mountain range The Walls of Copper by say 3 world map tiles as the mountain titan Aro Hailwaves the Plain Sea is there. He only has stone arrows making it unlikely to volley Aro Hailwaves to death from afar. He passes on trio of doe and it grows dark bringing the day to a close.

Tomorrow, he'll head northwest and visit fortress Machinewall. Hopefully he'll find something to read.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: February 18, 2017, 07:19:28 pm »

The village elder Eulotios Avosbogris: Greetings.  It is good to see you.  Are you still dancing?  Hopefully your friends can dissuade you from this foolishness.

That hurt, dude. ;-;
I'm surprised I haven't seen that about my singing.

Is it just me or do those skills train really slowly?
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: February 18, 2017, 07:28:43 pm »

I really should've tried to let one of these guys survive long enough to inform me of beasts to kill.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: February 18, 2017, 07:36:38 pm »

Managed to win a 1v1 fight with a weapon master! Okay, not 1v1, 2v1, but he killed my last companion in an instant. Slashed her throat and she dropped dead. He was from a nation we were at war with, so I decided we'd at least cut off some legs so he couldn't finish his mission. Ended up disarming each other, wrestling across the ground, throwing him into a tree, and stabbing him in the lungs with his own sword, then letting him die on the ground. I've taken his armour and weapons, as well as all his coins to be stored in a chest in my hall. I left my sword laid beside his corpse, he was a good opponent.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: February 18, 2017, 07:40:35 pm »

That hurt, dude. ;-;
I'm surprised I haven't seen that about my singing.

Is it just me or do those skills train really slowly?

I think its actually because I didnt have any companions and dancing is all im known for.

And yeah, they train ridiculously slowly, but you can do an exceptional job as a performer even with a low skill.

I was thinking about posting this adventure in the modded adventures thread, just because I haven't done anything like that before. Hmm...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: February 18, 2017, 07:59:54 pm »

A strange thing must have happened during the journey through The Forest of Bowels to home hillock Rainylabor, or maybe during the time Num spent hunting around Rainylabor.

After slaying the sasquatch Snosnusguz (Rampagelute), Num advanced from recruit to speardwarf. That is normal.
Apparently Snosnusguz (Rampagelute) was quite the marauder.

Then at Rainylabor I check Num's profession to do a rename and notice he's become sheriff of The Fences of Mist.

It's pretty nice really. Much better than becoming broker or any of the other positions available. This also changes what Num was going to do this run. He was going to journey well southward, but I guess he'll hang around this area.

EDIT: Okay. There was apparently a dispute that ended in death. One wonders who became enraged?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:06:58 pm by peasant cretin »
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1104