Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994817 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13860 on: March 10, 2017, 04:30:49 pm »

pop into corrosion mod and found  a bandit camp that had one of their members infected.  I sat and watch one by one their crew(who was asleep at the time of this attack) turn into the roaming infected. learn recently that even though their infected and now hate anyone who's alive, They REALLY hate the one who infected them and ended up being a bloodbath against 3 infected bandits bashing their brains out. the bandit leader got out luckly with a swift death.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13861 on: March 10, 2017, 05:29:15 pm »

Doing some arena mode testing for my next big project.

It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13862 on: March 10, 2017, 05:36:51 pm »

Aw yiss. 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13863 on: March 11, 2017, 08:47:00 am »

okay there something enjoyfully wrong with steering a mount through the tree avoiding tree trunks as they keep taking damage and hoping you don't end up exploding them.
like kinda have half a mind to make a Spawn only unit called the motocritter for use of mounting on and Zooming around the place.
almost end up carrying a severed head around just to revive and ride around the country side.
"body swapping and YOU!"

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: March 11, 2017, 09:41:12 am »

I learned a bit more about my companions mother and it turns out she's been in three battles of a war that started pretty recently, I decided that I would let her get back to that and dropped her off back at the keep she was in before and she went back to business as usual.

I also decided it was time for my adventurer to retire, at least for awhile anyway, running across the world and killing thousands of creatures for two years straight has to be draining. Unfortunately My companion was finally killed by a blizzard man after it broke her spine. It is unfortunate, she lives just long enough to be reunited with her sister and be with her for awhile before perishing. Oh well, her sister and I make it back to home and I let her sister go and I retire.

After several pathetic attempts at playing some animal people I decide to play as a human. Apparently from what I can tell most humans of this civilization can wield a two handed sword in one hand. Fascinating, After some training and fighting the goblins I realize that iron is not as effective as I would like, so I traveled to the labyrinth in which I stored a bunch of divine metal swords, they are short swords but the material they are made of more then makes up for that.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13865 on: March 11, 2017, 06:44:07 pm »

so I made a new dwarf peasant adventurer for the current version, no notable addons
in a week or less I grinded up many of his attributes to superdwarven/legendary and outfitted myself in nearly the best armor I can get by trading bone amulets for it, most of it steel, and I got a steel pick and iron greataxe and a copper shield then I decided to head out to some shrine during the age of myth
on my way there, I got stopped by a river, and left the fast travel screen to go across it manually
I went across the river, then I noticed some elephants behind me and i thought ive just GOTTA kill an elephant, as i've never seen one before

so I snuck up to to the first elephant, he or she was muscular and small; I waited for the right moment and slit its throat with a steel pick
then I thought I should kill a bigger elephant, so I snuck up to one right next to it which was muscular and not small
in an attempt to hit its throat, this happened:
image hosting without account
and I only have novice biter

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: March 11, 2017, 07:42:06 pm »

...and I only have novice biter

Bite's pretty OP, right? Fun tho.

/////////////////////////////

Fortress Flydoors has no entry in Legends Mode. A conversation with gemcutter Zefon Tongsriddled reveals Flydoors has been occupied by the goblin civ The Thief of Slings. Zefon is an indifferent sort. For him, all ruling groups are likely the same. Num Muddyboots figures as long as Zefon has gems to cut and booze to drink, there'll be no complaints. With little reason to linger, and with 37 silver arrows in a giant crow quiver, Num decides to try his luck at hunting meaty organic, feathery web-shooting brush titan Senre Flaxenforest the Pristine Valley.

It's been raining during daylight or snowing through darkness around the vicinity of Senre's shrine, Strapdawn the Canyon of Sacks. Rain and cloud cover will reduce view range from the maximum 25 tiles to 20 tiles. At night, snow drops view range to 10. Num passes about a week of days and nights waiting for better weather. During that layover, I have an idea about view range and stealth, so I pause Num's run and roll up a few fast loading smaller region 50 yr test worlds, which have been this week's activity.

Riding on the great fear and trauma of poor, throwaway dorfs, Num'll resume his hunt of Senre perhaps in a day or so.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: March 12, 2017, 06:32:57 am »

well went back and made a pacifist version of the mount and made a mount targeted jump script so that one could Steer the mount then rework that to not make a new projectile arc.
took a screen cap of this moment as I realize I'm playing a Keawoman on a flying Kitty in the air.
Well then time to find something else to master.
Spoiler:  scripts used (click to show/hide)
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13868 on: March 12, 2017, 03:42:41 pm »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: March 13, 2017, 06:18:16 pm »

Num Muddyboots resumes the hunt for meaty, web-shooting brush titan Senre Flaxenforest the Pristine Valley.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Creeping on the ground, moving from one crop or shrub tile to another to always be In Vegetation, Num mills about more or less invisibly at Best Possible visual stealth. As nighttime snow drops view range to 10, he takes a position in the red of Senre's EXTRAVISION at 7 tile distance, orthogonal to a tree so as to be By Obstacle.
He stands up, losing the benefit of tiny profile, but remains at Best Possible. While DF does allow you to fire a bow while on the ground, Num does the narratively sound thing and remains standing while shooting. If he were using a crossbow, I'd have him go prone.

Senre's an organic, so there are 4 possible resolutions: instant kill-shot, major artery bleed out, suffocation caused by damage to both lungs or upper spine, and lastly cumulative damage for bleed out.

Num fires a total of 5 gabbro arrows and 15 made of claystone. It's all RNG as it's the extremities that often to collect most hits. Here though, it's mercifully short as Num bruises the right lung with 2 claystone arrows, and shortly after, a third bruises the left. That's his final shot as he waits 820 ticks for Senre to suffocate.
While RNG governs the whole enterprise, major artery bleed out and suffocation are probably the best results for an archer as they give you the chance to be economical. Your character could keep shooting and gaining stats, or they could just pass time waiting for the inevitable. This way seems like your character's actions sort of make sense.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13870 on: March 14, 2017, 12:35:28 pm »

This may be old news, but it's the first time I've seen it - apparently even non-helmet armor gets removed if it causes problems for the creature in question.

Lezeryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: March 15, 2017, 04:45:41 pm »

This may be old news, but it's the first time I've seen it - apparently even non-helmet armor gets removed if it causes problems for the creature in question.

yes, this is normal (in the game)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: March 15, 2017, 07:10:33 pm »

I feel like an idiot for saying this, but what's a sha? Did you mod it in, cause there's no page on the wiki for it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13873 on: March 15, 2017, 07:59:15 pm »

Spoiler: orig image (click to show/hide)
well went back and made a pacifist version of the mount and made a mount targeted jump script so that one could Steer the mount then rework that to not make a new projectile arc.
took a screen cap of this moment as I realize I'm playing a Keawoman on a flying Kitty in the air.
Well then time to find something else to master.
Spoiler:  scripts used (click to show/hide)

Give me like 10 minutes, I need to draw this event. This is the best.

Ok I ended up getting really busy and had to rush so the cat looks retarded. At any rate this is what I envisioned, please be sure to imagine Van Halen's "Sweet Victory" as background music.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:25:21 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13874 on: March 15, 2017, 09:24:17 pm »

using stuff like your feet and fists for attacks is hilarious and horrifying
EDIT:whenever i do the jump while grabbing onto an elf on a tall tree, I imagine the adventurer is using the elf as a surfboard then jumping off and doing a stunt, inevitably hurting themselves while watching the Elfboard get buried under dirt.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:37:57 pm by Nep Nep »
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 1103