Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019394 times)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13935 on: March 29, 2017, 10:07:56 pm »

You have discovered a downward passage.

Spent way too long trying to actually find it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: March 29, 2017, 10:16:27 pm »

The reclaim-spam thing is a bug, but I thought it was fixed in 43.03
No, I've been getting it in 43.05 too.
It's still open on the tracker.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:19:34 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: March 30, 2017, 12:00:32 am »

...I noticed that titans are a hell of a lot easier then night trolls. Why is this because all of my injuries are from night trolls but i didn't even get a bruise from the titans why are titans so easy?

While both titans and night trolls have level 6 (talented) skills, the difference in size modifies how those skills compare to say your level 6 skills and attributes during a roll-to-hit/miss.

One interesting supposition is while dodger skill seems to be negatively impacted by large size, shield user might not? A +sharper knife+ than I could !!science!! that. But I gather, we all seem to do well enough without needing to really dial in, so anecdotal, anecdotal.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13938 on: March 30, 2017, 04:14:31 am »

The reclaim-spam thing is a bug, but I thought it was fixed in 43.03
No, I've been getting it in 43.05 too.
It's still open on the tracker.
Makes sense, I lost interest in claiming sites as much since the hearthperson quest fix so I haven't bumped into it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: March 30, 2017, 08:30:47 am »

kinda been going around stealing power over folks who own the site than becoming a lord and making a new Civ and fight off other powers, as one saves you alot of trouble and you get free hearthpeople taking the old position than Claiming the site. which probably explain why I never got that bug, though I do remember seeing leaving the site just causes some other faction to move in if you have no hearthpeople guarding the place.
still gotta find a way to send folks out to raid and attack in Adventure mode, something that makes being in powerful... kinda doable than adding a title.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lobster1050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13940 on: March 30, 2017, 12:39:57 pm »

Visiting scholars brought some codices to my fortress. Many of them were written by same author, Degel Laborarch, so I decided to retire fortress and find this famous scholar in Adventure mode.
I created a dwarf character in Seacobalt (dwarf settlement), and started to look for him. This fortress had a library, so I headed here first, maybe I can find him here?
..well, it was a bit unexpected. Blood, bodyparts and just dead bodies are everywhere. Humans are beating dwarves, dwarves are killing humans. Civilians are running around like crazy, so searching for scholar was nearly impossible. What the hell is happening here?
I looked at Legends mode and noticed this.
Evidently, when my character spawned at fortress, there was already some corpses here, but for some reason, they rose from dead. I don't know how it is possible. Nearest evil region is too far, maybe it was a necromancer citizen? In any case, when humans slew undead dwarves, it was a triggering point for insurrection.
After two-week break, I returned to legends again and noticed that insurrection ended "with the disappearance of the rebelling population". Also, there was a considerable amount of humans killed during the insurrection. Some kind of mass genocide?

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13941 on: April 02, 2017, 05:46:13 pm »

So my great axe wielding vampire had his Career cut short after losing the ability to use his limbs. I mean he could probably choke you to death with his thighs(he is a pretty badass wrestler) but he now lacks the ability to crack open a mans skull with a single swing of his mighty great axe provide they weren't wearing a helmet. Being a vampire had a lot of perks, I never tired never needed to eat or sleep and on top of that I seemed to be generally more powerful. Up until then he had been lord twice and killed 32 seperate entities

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: April 02, 2017, 06:29:08 pm »

So my great axe wielding vampire had his Career cut short after losing the ability to use his limbs. I mean he could probably choke you to death with his thighs(he is a pretty badass wrestler) but he now lacks the ability to crack open a mans skull with a single swing of his mighty great axe provide they weren't wearing a helmet. Being a vampire had a lot of perks, I never tired never needed to eat or sleep and on top of that I seemed to be generally more powerful. Up until then he had been lord twice and killed 32 seperate entities
I wrote a story about something similar somewhere on here.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: April 02, 2017, 06:38:35 pm »

I just got killed by my own sword... Twas a masterwork steel short sword I tugged along with me, it served me very well... Asmel was fighting against an equally skilled swordmaster from an enemy nation, going pretty even, when suddenly he got a stab in on me, and his bronze longsword got stuck in my upper leg. I wrestled it from him and stabbed him back... Except the exact same thing happened and he took my sword. I thought it'd still be an even fight, went to block his next slash, and he instantly struck me down with a stab to the face... So legendary shield user<legendary sword?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: April 02, 2017, 07:33:05 pm »

Well since Gunnadie was a legendary hero I thought i could take on the legions of heaven. I thought i could i bisect a bronze colossus with a copper dagger i can do this!

Well if she wasn't traumetised and guilty enough she let all of her companions die and then she tried to do it again and got some more companions and then they all died too!

only one survived a farmer named Irol

But i killed a dragon and let another companion die so i guess that's good!

Actually i wan't to show you guy's something!

The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: April 03, 2017, 04:03:26 am »

Trying to do a martial artist elf using only a shield, from a small start.

Killing anything is a chore. Don't know how I'm going to take on a wolf, even with kisat dur behind me.
One wheel short of a wagon

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: April 03, 2017, 05:09:52 am »

It's cause kisat dur is designed for dwarves not elves

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: April 03, 2017, 05:33:55 am »

What's a good elf strat then?

Currently I'm using copper dagger and shield, and bodyslamming things to stun them long enough for me to get a slow kill (throat or chest) or gut stab.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13948 on: April 03, 2017, 06:01:27 am »

What's a good elf strat then?

Currently I'm using copper dagger and shield, and bodyslamming things to stun them long enough for me to get a slow kill (throat or chest) or gut stab.

Punch/kick chest to damage lungs for suffocation, which is admittedly slow once both lungs are damaged. Works on organic megabeasts and titans.

Biting is overpowered, hence works wonders as you can not only stun things as large as cyclopses, but you can knock them out with head bites. Once anything is unconscious, you can choke it to death.

Aside from being able to defend, you also don't need really big stats to do this either. Fun stuff.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: April 03, 2017, 06:08:47 am »

What about night creatures?
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 1104