Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994993 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14145 on: May 24, 2017, 07:38:01 pm »

Bim journeys to a 5 z-level waterfall and decides to work climbing along its interior walls.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Climbing only stats up via a hold and release method, rather than successful movement up or downwards.

Your character is either holding which puts them in an "in air/climb(ing)" state or in release "flying/ in flight". Once "flying/in flight", the goal is to attempt to re-hold and re-enter the "in air/climb" state. Failure to re-hold can continue until the lowest z-level, so Bim only climbs 3 z-levels up for the hold/release/re-hold rinse and repeat sequence, as falls from 4 z-levels+ result in injury.

Bim climbs up 3 z-levels and then jumps around the various z-levels, leaping from one hand hold to another. The jump and grab method of climbing is the easiest keystroke-wise.

He started at novice climber, and fools around until he hits proficient climber.
Many monkeys would be proud.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:41:06 pm by peasant cretin »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14146 on: May 26, 2017, 08:13:12 pm »

I just figured out how to best bogeymen as a new and unskilled adventurer.

Assuming you start as a peasant, invest most of your points into dodging, and what you have left put into wrestling.

Wait for them to strike, catch their fist/foot/horn, and do a takedown. From there, grab their head and gouge out their eyes. Repeat until you have a horde of blind bogeys that you can dispatch at your leisure.

I just exterminated about 100 bogeymen with a freshly made human adventurer. Now that he's a High Master Wrestler, bogeymen go down with almost no struggle.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Umakx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14147 on: May 27, 2017, 05:40:36 am »

Currently I'm just doing a tavern crawl across my game world.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14148 on: May 27, 2017, 01:26:58 pm »

Assuming you start as a peasant, invest most of your points into dodging, and what you have left put into wrestling.

Wait for them to strike, catch their fist/foot/horn, and do a takedown. From there, grab their head and gouge out their eyes. Repeat until you have a horde of blind bogeys that you can dispatch at your leisure.

I just exterminated about 100 bogeymen with a freshly made human adventurer. Now that he's a High Master Wrestler, bogeymen go down with almost no struggle.

Never heard of that method before! Gonna have to try that later in adventure mode just to see if I can get it to work. Presumably it's a good idea to train wrestling a little bit first on the local livestock though.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14149 on: May 27, 2017, 03:40:48 pm »

Never heard of that method before! Gonna have to try that later in adventure mode just to see if I can get it to work. Presumably it's a good idea to train wrestling a little bit first on the local livestock though.
Watch out though - some of the bogeymen have no eyes, in which case you're screwed unless you're at least an Expert in whatever weapon skill you use.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14150 on: May 27, 2017, 10:49:09 pm »

Tried to bring down an elephant with a bow... not fun times, nearly died. If I hadn't brought a meat cleaver with me in my pack I would've died.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14151 on: May 28, 2017, 10:10:09 am »

My legendary dodger/kicker just went and slew approximately 200 elves. I was on the last tree house when I decided to burn down the home-tree for fun. The moment I lit it on fire, the game crashed.

I hadn't saved once.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14152 on: May 28, 2017, 10:12:11 pm »

Was trying out the Peasant and Forester mod, when all of the sudden in the middle of the night, this showed up with some amphibian men.

I stabbed him in his stupid spider face, killing him. Then my game crashed.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

LostKitten

• Bay Watcher
  • ha ha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14153 on: May 30, 2017, 02:36:37 pm »

Was trying out the Peasant and Forester mod, when all of the sudden in the middle of the night, this showed up with some amphibian men.

I stabbed him in his stupid spider face, killing him. Then my game crashed.

Serves you right for hurting such a beautiful creature.

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14154 on: May 31, 2017, 12:54:51 am »

Meanwhile, I finally generated a new world with Masterwork that fits my style. I promptly found the local temple, and Ol, wise and mighty wind god that he is, blessed me with vampirism. I have since gone on to kill several random individuals, and, much to my amusement, something that I can only assume was a night troll wielding a copper mallet in one of its four arms. I also found a platinum bow, but that's not important yet.

The full orchicalcum gear probably helped there, as well as my decision to start throwing battle axes. My succubus companion ran off, for whatever reason, but at least she was alive at the end of the fight. Quite unlike the troll.

I was also rather disappointed by the fact that I'm pretty sure I was unable to decorate my weapon with Night Troll bone rings. I could have made an amulet, but it's just not the same anymore. My plan from here is to use my incredible Vampiric prowess, and my lovely assistant, to become a Vampire Wizard. Or a Vampire Cult Leader, if I can figure out how to do that.
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.

Waterline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14155 on: May 31, 2017, 02:43:03 am »

In my world I have risen some undead who can rise more undead who can rise, and so on and so forth (a custom breed, so to say).
So I just stay in the middle of street and listen to all the screams around.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14156 on: May 31, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »

I think I just ran into some weird three-way between several factions vying for power in a town.

My current adventurer is a siren swordswoman, living in a Zandalari Troll civilization. Along with my bowman and pikeman companions, I went to the city of Questwinter, looking for work.

On arrival at the keep, I noticed there was a ton of fighting - several wild animals like rhinoes, some living Zandalari Troll bandits fighting the villagers, and risen plaguebearers attacking everyone indiscriminately - lastly the god-king of the civilization himself was a gluttony incarnation, and also attacked whoever was nearby.

While the fight was largely over by the time I got there, I still managed to pick off some stragglers harassing the villagers - the king was slain by one of the warriors in the keep - most of the plaguebearers were also driven away, and the rabid animals put down.

I've barely started, also - this all happened in the span of around 20 minutes since I spawned. Gonna try to get to the bottom of just what the hell went on here.

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14157 on: May 31, 2017, 06:21:38 pm »

I've barely started, also - this all happened in the span of around 20 minutes since I spawned. Gonna try to get to the bottom of just what the hell went on here.

Hmmm... sounds like the perfect excuse to roleplay as a detective. I had something similar happen, once. Except, in my case, it was lag city. I was an Uruk, and had just found the local tower,with the intent to explore it find some nice gear before setting out on an adventure. Then I noticed all the stray animals attacking the animal tamer. At this point, I made the mistake of trying to remove all of the culprit animals, but there must have been so many in the tower that my frames decided to take a trip down to the circus.

MEANWHILE...

So I found the slabs. One for geomancy, and one for necromancy. I gave them to my companion, but I have no way to know if she read them. Anyways, I'm thinking of turning the current head necro into a pile of mush and taking over the tower for myself. Should I do it?

Update: Armok is was not appeased with my bloodshed, for some reason, as Dwarf Fortress decided to crash. At least I had a save from earlier. Unfortunately, I need to go find the tower again. Time to slay eighty-some walking corpses all over again...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:46:17 am by OmegaShadowcry »
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.
« Reply #14158 on: May 31, 2017, 11:28:07 pm »

I started a Grizzly Bear Man and asked the first person I saw what troubles were going on. There was an abduction (which is rare for me to see) so I choose to ask about that. Some kid was kidnapped a couple years ago by a goblin named Dang Hailedmaligns. I asked where I could find him and was directed to a bowman of some renown who might know. I find the chap and the location of the goblin and ask him to join me, as well as a random hammerman in the mead hall. Along the way to the pits where the goblin was hiding out, the bowman tells me that the child we're looking for is his own son. Now I *really* want to find the kid.

I get to the southern most part of the pits and start building a little camp for us to regroup at since it will take some time to search through this damn site for one person. A few days of building and we got our little cabin built and we go into the pits in search of Dang. After a few hours I find a tower with some gobbos in it. Half of them start attacking us, the other half flee in terror.

I am now just shouting out asking where Dang is while slaughtering everyone who doesn't know.

"WHERE'S DANG?!"

"I don't know!"

*chops off head with axe*

"WHERE'S DANG?!"

"Oh god... I don't know!!"

*strangles to death with bare bear hands*

"WHERE'S DANG?!"

"Please don't hurt me! I have a fam-"

*throws against a wall and explodes*

TheVulture

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently on a strict diet of dwarves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14159 on: June 01, 2017, 08:32:13 am »

Today i discovered how broken wrestling is, i took down an entire gang of goblins by breaking their legs
"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a King of an infinite space"
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1103