Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994776 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14160 on: June 01, 2017, 09:24:42 am »

I found out the camps near my adventurers civ are particularly weird, one I believe is the home of some biomancer and the origin of the plaguebearers who were attacking the town - that said the biomancer camp was a bit overwhelming so along with my companions I left before things got too hairy.

She eventually died when I tried to fight a psychic bandit leader - he crushed her lungs and knocked her unconscious before caving her skull in.

I made a new adventurer, a rotwalker from the Spite of Infernos, a Malformed civilization.

It's placed in a somewhat odd area - its in the upper left in that evil biome; although there appears to be a small pass going into a good biome. The closest civs appear to be dwarves, Qiraji, Sand Trolls, and Frost Vrykul. Also a bunch of wild beast lairs nearby, so, gonna check those out.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14161 on: June 01, 2017, 10:14:42 am »

I started a Grizzly Bear Man and asked the first person I saw what troubles were going on. There was an abduction (which is rare for me to see) so I choose to ask about that. Some kid was kidnapped a couple years ago by a goblin named Dang Hailedmaligns. I asked where I could find him and was directed to a bowman of some renown who might know. I find the chap and the location of the goblin and ask him to join me, as well as a random hammerman in the mead hall. Along the way to the pits where the goblin was hiding out, the bowman tells me that the child we're looking for is his own son. Now I *really* want to find the kid.

I don't think you actually need to find Dang; you'll want to find the site the kid was taken to, probably a Dark Fortress. Ask people where the abductee is. He should be kept in a cell in the lower floors of the central tower.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14162 on: June 01, 2017, 11:52:24 pm »

I took a different approach on my subsequent attempts. After losing to an overload of !FUN! in the engine (read: it crashed), I decided to go for a different tower, and a different set of powers. I checked the legends viewer, and found a nearby slab containing the Dark Arts -- Raise Revenant, Heartbleed, Organ Failure, and Blindness, as it turns out. I also realized how bad of an idea it is to take [ALIVE] companions with you when trekking to such a tower. I think Mina is dead... Henceforth, I named my organization in memory of her loss -- The Order of Sorrows. My first act is currently demonstrating my immense power by single-handedly razing a Kobold hillock. I kinda feel bad for the little guys, but this is only the beginning. I am aware of multiple towers, which I shall trek to, and gain the secrets within. Then, when I feel ready, I shall first kill that damned frost wyrm in Epousecorridors, and then I shall see about raiding the four vaults of my world.

Failing, I'll end up dying to someone in an epic duel. At least I'll have the highest kill total of anything in my world first. For [GLORY] and [MAT:BLOOD]!
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.

Kumo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14163 on: June 02, 2017, 02:01:27 pm »

Got lucky and found a few native gold items. Naturally they're really bloody heavy. No shop I've run into has enough stuff for me to get the full value out of a single one of them - Unless I buy a ton of still pretty heavy armor that doesn't fit my tiny spider woman body. Considering building a site as a museum for rare objects. If I go that route I may end up hunting after a bunch of artifacts to store there.

As a spider woman, combat is hilarious. 6 arms makes it super fun. I wrap people up in a whip and bite their necks sensually. Then I just wait for the severe localized necrosis to set in!

Waterline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: June 02, 2017, 02:37:33 pm »

As a spider woman, combat is hilarious. 6 arms makes it super fun. I wrap people up in a whip and bite their necks sensually. Then I just wait for the severe localized necrosis to set in!
Mmmhh... I like how you described that.

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14165 on: June 02, 2017, 09:19:35 pm »

So the vampire wizard was doing quite well, up until I froze in the river. Yeah, I didn't know about flash-freezing until that. Quite !Fun! indeed, if somewhat anticlimactic. I was trying to use some Dwarven Physics to move my Naga Necromancer companion across when the freeze happened, so there's that. Quite the kill chart, in any case.

I decided to gen a new world, and oh boy, this one is wacky. So fist off, there's a demon in legends who is actually dead. Do you know how he died? He fell in battle. Against a yak. He probably didn't want to explain that one to the god that helped him escape.

But anyways, I spawned in as an elf of minor importance, bearing the name of Faenor, a cobalt sword, a mythril shield, and not much of note besides. I tried to find a nearby temple, you know, get some vampirism, and so on. I found the keep instead, and two companions in the rooms underneath. I headed back to the surface, saw one run off, and then saw a message about the king getting attacked.

I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:08:36 pm by OmegaShadowcry »
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #14166 on: June 02, 2017, 10:27:08 pm »

So the vampire wizard was doing quite well, up until I froze in the river. Yeah, I didn't know about flash-freezing until that. Quite !Fun! indeed, if somewhat anticlimactic. I was trying to use some Dwarven Physics to move my Naga Necromancer companion across when the freeze happened, so there's that. Quite the kill chart, in any case.

I decided to gen a new world, and oh boy, this one is wacky. So fist off, there's a demon in legends who is actually dead. Do you know how he died? He fell in battle. Against a yak. He probably didn't want to explain that one to the god that helped him escape.

But anyways, I spawned in as an elf of minor importance, bearing the name of Faenor, a cobalt sword, a mythril shield, and not much of note besides. I tried to find a nearby temple, you know, get some vampirism, and so on. I found the keep instead, and two companions in the rooms underneath. I headed back to the surface, saw one run off, and then saw a message about the king getting attacked.

Well obviously you usurped the throne and took over the world YOU MEGALOMANAICAL ELF
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
« Reply #14167 on: June 03, 2017, 03:15:34 am »

I started a Grizzly Bear Man and asked the first person I saw what troubles were going on. There was an abduction (which is rare for me to see) so I choose to ask about that. Some kid was kidnapped a couple years ago by a goblin named Dang Hailedmaligns. I asked where I could find him and was directed to a bowman of some renown who might know. I find the chap and the location of the goblin and ask him to join me, as well as a random hammerman in the mead hall. Along the way to the pits where the goblin was hiding out, the bowman tells me that the child we're looking for is his own son. Now I *really* want to find the kid.

I don't think you actually need to find Dang; you'll want to find the site the kid was taken to, probably a Dark Fortress. Ask people where the abductee is. He should be kept in a cell in the lower floors of the central tower.

He would be the best to ask, wouldn't he? Besides, I will also bring him to justice for his crime. As well as any other goblin that gets in my way. :P

I found their stairs into the underground and their animal pen. Killed all the trolls and was getting swarmed with beak dogs. I jumped over them only to land on a single tile I didn't realize was an open space until too late. Fell 6 z-levels into the caverns and broke my arm. I grabbed my axe and carefully climbed back up a different hole and got back to my house to heal.

During the fight with the trolls, though, I ended up climbing a tree and went to jump to another but missed and landed right on another troll, kicking it in the face and sending it back like 8 tiles into a wall.

Code: [Select]
You slam into the thin troll!
The thin troll's head skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the large troll fur hood!
The thin troll's lower body skids along the ground, bruising the fat and bruising the left kidney through the large giant cave spider silk cloak!
You pick up the fungiwood branch and put it in your rope reed backpack.
The thin troll's right lower leg skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the large cave spider silk robe!
The thin troll's left horn skids along the ground through the large giant cave spider silk cloak!
The thin troll's lower body skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the large giant cave spider silk cloak!
The thin troll slams into an obstacle!

Waterline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: June 03, 2017, 01:56:52 pm »

In one adventure I was playing bronze colossus (without megabeast token), I have been told that there is an army going on the given mountain fortress which was led by some elf, human and goblin. I was told to search in a forest two days away to NE.
I think I have spent there couple of month searching for the army, accidently burning down elf retreat (when I asked one elf about the army commander, he said "he is the master", which meant just its status, position, but I got it in a wrong way, assuming he was HIS master, and ruled this retreat... Well, RIP retreat).
Eventually I realized I had to go to pits just southern to that forest. There I found and killed commanders, returned to mountain fortress, reported and retired. Then I skipped 30 years (see my thread in DF modding just in case) and resumed playing my character. I was pleased to find myself being the head of forest retreat I burned down 30 years ago (I settled there the next year after retreatment and climbed into position from commander to retreat watcher to retreat head in a single year), I also found out my female sword-sister companion married some guy the same year (they both stayed in that mountain fortress). But I was frustrated to know that the army was still on march. Ruled by long-ago dead commanders and without having any troops in it... Well, at least I have seen none.
Also in the first year of retirement I have helped to defend the fortress from some goblins...
Not much, but that is how my character lived 30 years on its own.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 01:59:14 pm by Waterline »

LostKitten

• Bay Watcher
  • ha ha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14169 on: June 03, 2017, 06:49:54 pm »

That's the second time I've had a companion dragged into a river by an alligator. Oh well, guess i can say goodbye to this character now that bogeymen are after me...

Rivers are probably the second most irritating thing in adventure mode, behind needing to leave the travel screen to eat every time.

TheVulture

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently on a strict diet of dwarves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: June 03, 2017, 07:48:13 pm »

Rivers are probably the second most irritating thing in adventure mode, behind needing to leave the travel screen to eat every time.

Even more than having to exit a dungeon/keep/camp to travel even if everything dangerous is dead?
"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a King of an infinite space"

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14171 on: June 04, 2017, 12:52:53 am »

Even more than having to exit a dungeon/keep/camp to travel even if everything dangerous is dead?

First, second and third on that list are all pretty close, to be honest. I'd put the dungeon/camp/keep problem at two, with rivers at four, personally -- companions running blindly into a horde of the living dead when you tell them "STAY" is much more frustrating for me.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: June 04, 2017, 06:56:46 am »

For me it's being sent on quests and then refused any option of asking for more information about the quest location. Definitely the fast-traveling thing too though, because it makes me afraid to go underground anywhere - I get lost a lot in caverns and dungeons. Also it'd be nice to be able to nap inside of a cave safely tucked away from the bogeymen once I've killed everything inside it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:03:53 am by gnome »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: June 04, 2017, 05:18:05 pm »

I am standing under a tree full of elves. I am very tempted to fell it.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Waterline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: June 04, 2017, 05:41:56 pm »

I am standing under a tree full of elves. I am very tempted to fell it.

Unfortunately it is impossible.
Otherwise clearing out forest retreats would have been so much easier.
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1103