Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995209 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14205 on: June 14, 2017, 12:44:08 pm »

Recently decided to take up adventure mode again, decided to play as a human and gather a force to invade the goblins near by. After several days of traveling I reached the  goblin capital to find the goblins getting killed by trolls. The trolls are non hostile and almost all of the goblins have been killed by the trolls.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14206 on: June 14, 2017, 02:07:03 pm »

So I went to the massive strigoi lair...
I used reveal to show some of the surrounding area.

While I managed to kill one, several others ganged up on me and punched my head into mush.

I did some more adventures after that - figured I'd go megabeast killing.
My previous adventurer, a forsaken human swordsman, gathered his crew of three - another swordsman, a forsaken gnome marksman and a forsaken human bowman - to head off to the labyrinth - Mournedburden the Venom of Turmoil - the lair of a slothful mind called Bashion Smearedpains the Ominous Itches. Although she didn't appear to have any notable kills, she was still a threat to my civs well-being.

The creature telekinetically hurled rocks at my companions, doing considerable internal damage - it also kicked up a cloud of dust that slammed my adventurer into a wall, and stunning him for some time.

It eventually managed to shoot a rock through my gnome marksman companion's skull, instantly killing him. Quite a shame as I only had recently recruited him, after slaying a thunder lizard attacking the outskirts of a town, and a flesh titan which was part of a bandit group.

Wounded, Caivia crawled away, leaving me to deal with Bashion. Being undead had its advantages, most specifically that I didn't need undamaged nervous tissue or muscle connections to move - at one point I took a stone to the mouth, which mangled my lower lip
and tore apart the nervous tissue in my neck. Would have been dead if I was a normal human.

However, the creature (and myself as well, admittedly) completely forgot about Ane the bowman - he snuck up from behind, and aimed a perfect shot at Bashion's head, instantly killing her.
I figured this was a high enough point to end this adventure, despite the loss of Nah - Caivia did, however, survive her injuries. I simply went back to our hometown and retired.

For now, as an Orc swordsman armed with a kama, I'm trying to get to the lair of two Pale Devourers, since I haven't had a chance yet to do some live world testing on them.

As me and my two drunk buddies travelled through the snow-covered Autumnal Hills and through the Goldenrod Jungle, we were ambushed by a pack of wolf people.
It seemed however that the drunks weren't entirely useless - Bekkrom immediately entered a martial trance and began swinging her smithing hammer and slicing knife wildly, whereas Jharr meekly took out his skillet and bashed away.
I merely finished off whatever wolf folk they crippled with decapitating slashes to the head. Not all died - most of them ran away at the sight of a berserk orc woman biting off the paw of one of the wolf men - I know I would have as well.

The last obstacle was a pack of dragonhawks - they actually were more formidable than the wolf folk, managing to do some damage to Bekkrom. Thankfully, it wasn't enough and they were all slain.

(Dwarf Portrait comparison between my orcs and the pale devourer)
The "lair" was just a small area in the woods, although the younger pale devourer, Therra Owlfists the Spurting Hag, would more than likely have been visible from much further away.

Jharr attempted to fight the abomination, but was easily eviscerated by Therra.
The fighting managed to catch the attention of the elder devourer and Therra's mother, Puu'Gli Dungsquashes the Invisible Growl.

As my adventurer, Korgush, attempted to dodge, his leg was stomped on by Puu'Gli, turning it into nothing more than mush.

Several futile attempts to fend off the gargantuan beasts later, he was eventually tossed around like a ragdoll, losing consciousness in the process. Puu'Gli eventually completely mangled Korgush's head, leaving him nothing more than an unrecognizable pile of gore.

Needless to say, they work exactly as well as I was hoping they would.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: June 14, 2017, 04:36:27 pm »

One east of the Dark Fortress is a Dark Pits that is the actual site the mothers claim their children are, so I tried that again. Last time here I'd led the full party for indiscriminate slaughter, and found no clue any children were here. As small as the population was it wasn't difficult to murder most of them one-by-one including, surprisingly, the lord of another dark fortress and the master of the entire civ. The only other human there was a recruit, but still too old to be any of the children I was looking for.

Back at the camp, the swordsmother informed me the thief who abducted her child was dead, whereas before she claimed she could be anywhere. I searched histories for which one of us could have killed her and found that she had been murdered a few years before worldgen ended. So this whole trip has been all kinds of pointless errand!

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: June 15, 2017, 05:25:36 am »

Darn, makes me think of that one vault where I had no further access to get to a slab, then again I don't care about taming demons not after that first encounter with Gakit the Death of Menace (who was a cerulean-noseless-fox-monster aka demon/clown) with my Kobolth character (A godlike bigger version of a Kobold, slightly taller and much broader than a dwarf)

I have no respect for anything in-game threatening me, once I see a demon or some other big beast or even just a mere npc in a civ who thinks my character's values are bullshit, they die the moment they aggro my beast of infernal and unyielding rage and will, which is actually a quite relaxing thing to do in DF despite not being angry at the npc but just being able to tear them limb from limb to make them know what it is like to aggro a force more terrible than nature.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14209 on: June 15, 2017, 05:40:34 am »

This swordsmother is missing most of her face, but still has all her limbs in functioning order. I brought her back to her hometown, but bequeathed her my unfinished mead hall in case she wishes to retire closer to her child. No longer my problem. My problem is finding a guide that won't whine about missing their family, because I'm headed far, far from this civ.

My lasher/singer had been doing fine with one arm, but the final leg of this trip cost him a leg, so I retired him as well. Instead I have a muscular spearwoman (you know what they say about muscular spearwomen,) and an incredibly muscular axewoman, neither of whom know how to find the beasts the suggest slaying.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: June 15, 2017, 06:08:51 am »

This swordsmother is missing most of her face, but still has all her limbs in functioning order. I brought her back to her hometown, but bequeathed her my unfinished mead hall in case she wishes to retire closer to her child. No longer my problem. My problem is finding a guide that won't whine about missing their family, because I'm headed far, far from this civ.

My lasher/singer had been doing fine with one arm, but the final leg of this trip cost him a leg, so I retired him as well. Instead I have a muscular spearwoman (you know what they say about muscular spearwomen,) and an incredibly muscular axewoman, neither of whom know how to find the beasts the suggest slaying.

Good to see you back, Uzu. Your posts were greatly missed. I remember your last adventure log ended with a reluctance to ferry around these NPC helpers. Still running human outsiders as your go to?

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: June 15, 2017, 09:09:15 am »

In my most recent save I managed to charge into a necromancy tower as a human outsider and steal the secrets of life and death, somehow not taking a hit. After reading the book I dropped it off at the last dwarven fortress in the world, as it's fourteen inhabitants were the last of their kind and immortality seemed an appropriate gift. The king kindly pointed me in the direction of the nearest threats, namely the still-thriving goblins.
After that I took it upon myself to travel the land and use my new mastery over death to rid the world of evil. I visited each of the dwarven ruins and cleared them out, scoped a few ruined human towns and elven retreats, their citizens having been extinct for centuries.
After scavenging some decent armour, I headed to the nearest dark fortress. I spent a solid two hours fighting the wretches, amassing a small army of undead and creating a level of fun never before seen in a non-bearded race.

I'm still alive currently, swimming in an ocean of troll viscera. The lag was getting to be too much, so I retired there, sadly unable to claim the site for myself. Plan is to resume the adventure once the last dwarf dies, fight my way back out and personally lay him to rest.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14212 on: June 16, 2017, 04:25:51 pm »

Went through the villages searching for a new guide, and out of five villages, only two had someone who knew their way around, and both of them were ladies of their keeps. In one keep the lady was so clueless she couldn't even give me directions to surrounding locations. Each time I got a location from her I had to consult a scout who had been tailing me but refused to join, even after I saved his life in an attack on another keep.

At the sixth village was a keep full of poets, with their books and teeth scattered all over the floor. But they were all well traveled, so I checked them out and picked out the one who had been a ranger some 8 centuries ago before he gave his life over to the arts of verse and knocking the teeth out of rival poets. At least he had some survival ability.

Good to see you back, Uzu. Your posts were greatly missed. I remember your last adventure log ended with a reluctance to ferry around these NPC helpers. Still running human outsiders as your go to?
Oh, thanks! I think my last adventure was actually ended by an inescapable bug that prevented me from doing anything but CTD. This time I'm from a backwater human civ with shoddy leather and so little work ethic that they have to import their food from the goblins at war with them.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:17:10 pm by Uzu Bash »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: June 17, 2017, 12:06:11 pm »

My strike-based adventurer is the premier goblin throat-remover of the world now.

With goblins you can just explode their entire neck and throat with a well-placed punch. I don't know why but after that they usually surrender.

*shrug*
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: June 17, 2017, 05:11:09 pm »

This time I'm from a backwater human civ with shoddy leather and so little work ethic that they have to import their food from the goblins at war with them.

I think importing food from your sworn enemies is called, "stealing".

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14215 on: June 17, 2017, 10:30:37 pm »

My original itinerary, before it was sidetracked by a crying mother, is the nearest vault, and en route the nearest library, both deep in the polar north. Why do all my adventures start in the cold?!  The library is in the sole ruin of a civilization >8 centuries dead, but the hydra hasn't prevented scholars and writers from visiting and settling there. Between my civ and my destination is miles of savage wilds, then miles more of savage tundra to glacial regions so blisteringly cold that even tundra titans back away from.

My companions have been surprisingly competent. The spearwoman got pretty tore up in a village taken over by a legion of bandits. She would've done alright if she'd drawn her spear but I insisted on brawling until they escalated, and it took a long time for them to start suffocating on their collapsed windpipes. The axewoman managed to steal the first megabeast kill, a hydra, and has dealt crippling damage on yetis and a minotaur. I somewhat suspect she's a vampire. As for the poet, he's as much as I expect from a poet and a goblin, temperamental and worse when he's drunk. But I put a masterwork crossbow in his hand, and he has the accuracy with it to puncture vital organs even using wooden bolts.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14216 on: June 18, 2017, 08:01:46 am »

since my barrel adventurer simply massacred most, if not all the population of the one part of the continent my outsider adventurer started in, i decided to make my character a wilderness adventurer who'd travel around and survive without companions or anything (i know the mountain trick to keep them alive.) I began with equipping myself with armor from a dead guy, and travelled southbound to actual civilization to find probably a fortress to get in a cave to explore.

So far, she's been ambushed by a cougar and a bunch of dingo men, and she survived both encounters with barely any injuries thanks to the armor she has.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Duriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: June 18, 2017, 01:09:10 pm »

I found a roaming entity in a human town, so I decided to check what it was. I found out that it was a goblin maceman, who was also "hostile" towards me (as in, trying to flee from imminent justice).

While I was chasing the goblin down, I noticed an unrelated fishery worker was injured somehow. I thought the goblin had assaulted the poor fellow in a bid to escape my and my companion's wrath. I watched the citizen get into safety... Only for him/her? bolt back out, chased by a frail werecoyote.

Seeing this as an opportunity to train my adventurer's skills and gain fame, I ignored the goblin in favor of stopping the werecreatures assault. The werecoyote attacks, but fails to hit me. I slash the beast in the center mass with an +iron long sword+, and the werebeast goes down instantly. Huh, guess it must have been weak to iron, or it could have been very wimpy.

I chased down the goblin maceman moments later.
An invisible lurker.

I have a YouTube channel!

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: June 18, 2017, 02:35:51 pm »

my last adventurer died to an untimely bogeymen attack, so i rolled up a Plump Helmet Man, named them toad, and im going on a rampage just to make this world even more broken

EDIT:The mental thought of what essentially is toad fighting dwarves with an ax is hilarious to me
EDIT2:they lost all functioning in most of their body outside of one part, but they can still kick, so the run is still going
EDIT3:They died, but all is not lost, because i went down with a major fight.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:55:10 pm by Nep Nep »
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: June 19, 2017, 12:57:23 am »

At the library I had planned to deposit my poet and check out another, but there weren't any. No poets, no scholars, no bards, not even dancers. Instead there were skilled tradesmen of all the kinds you would find in a village, or rather tradeselfs and tradesgoblins  -- no humans, and even stranger, no dwarves. The best I could say about this library is that it's the largest this adventurer has seen, only 2 floors with only a dozen mostly empty bookshelves. At least there were plenty of materials to write down a few of my compositions and produce a few more. More ribaldry and gallows humor for the ages!

Downstairs, the only weapons and armor were made of copper and silver, though the anvils were all made of steel. The central shaft was sensibly filled in so that it wasn't a natural hazard, depriving me of the opportunity to practice climbing. There was no exposure to any of the cavern layers, so the single stack of plump helmets in the entire place must have been imported. Gold and galena were exposed, so I took some down to the magma smelters to work on electrum a bit.

I knocked a path into the 3rd cavern later for bloodthorn and nethercap and encountered queen antwomen too panicked to parley. For all their mass, they were kind of fragile, and a whack over the head with my bortu was more than enough to knock them unconscious. Most of them fled after wasting all their blowdarts, but one spearantwoman stayed long enough to murder an elf woman before disappearing from the map.

From this leg of the journey I've acquired: masterwork bloodthorn crutch and shield for beating and blocking with, a masterwork nethercap shield in case of dragonfire, a masterwork nethercap cup for transporting magma, and a masterwork electrum ring for no good purpose. I'm leaving behind a few verses of filthy jokes and a few inspired compositions to play bortu to.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot: the hydra was in an apartment minding its own business, so it wasn't very pleased with me when I swung a pick into its lung, but it also wasn't able to protest much. And my axegirl yet again got the kill credit; that's 2 out of 2 hydras lengthening her name. At least I got the roc on the way here, so I'm now indisputably legendary.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:07:39 am by Uzu Bash »
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1103