Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994959 times)

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14490 on: September 13, 2017, 03:48:17 pm »

I picked up this elf chick while plundering gobbo pits, and she's been bragging about all the dwarfs she's killed. My dude's a dwarf. I'm not killing her cause I don't want some wacky forest weirdos hounding me, but while going through a dark pit, I found a dwarf child playing alone inside a tiny room. The wacko elf broad immediately attacked the kid whipping him up nasty. I figure this is where I part with her. Are some elves as nasty cruel to dwarfs as some dwarfs are to gobbos? Especially mine.
_____
There are maybe three dwarf children in this pit. They must have kidnapped and brainwashed by evil gobbo ideology. I accidently chopped one's hand off while going down some stairs, but I used full-heal in DFHack to make it grow back. Now there is a strange hand just lying there that is still his.
_____
I now know why adamantine is called marshmellow. I just jumped 20 levels into a pit without a single scratch. I've found adamantine under these pits. There is also a passage going back up to higher caverns. I think I'll just reload.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:36:33 pm by Bob69Joe »

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: September 13, 2017, 05:30:10 pm »

Now there is a strange hand just lying there that is still his.

Give him a hand then, pun intended.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: September 13, 2017, 06:05:11 pm »

I hadn't planned on hitting the next vault this soon, I thought I would just take a day trip to a ruins to claim, but then it was just another day away. The ruins were populated with various dwarven and goblin outsiders, roughly half fighting the others, and because roughly half were hostile to me, picking a side was easy. I declared my lordship in the court, enlisted three hearthies, then cleaned up the fighting on the walls. The insurrection in Swelteredmartyrs against The Moist Chamber ended with a settled agreement on governmental power sharing -- ha, ha, ha, of course not, I killed them.

Once upon a time in Blanketpelt, Aval the dwarven god of depravity and lust aided the vomit devil Iva Pukechants the Demon of Flowers in becoming a permanent part of the living world after pondering the ineffable subtleties of lust. The ritual took place using Spurtgristle, which is presumably Aval's nickname for the organ he did his thinking with. As a product of exchanging deviant favors, we have these:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So no roasts and cool-sounding leather armors to be had here. At least the Messengers of Depravity were organic, as their clothes were sized to fit me and probably my wereform. I brought Wulema in with me because I thought nothing could hit her short of a Master, but she was kicked in half by a Messenger. A shield would have protected her had I equipped her with one, but I hadn't in the event that she turned on me while I wasn't testing. Instead she was wielding masterwork divine pike and silver warhammer, yet still insisted on whiffing opponents with her pointless unarmed attacks!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14493 on: September 13, 2017, 06:15:40 pm »

Gotta say I disliked the LOCAL_BANDITRY token for a while now - found the patrols spawned by it to be annoying and overly powerful when starting as a regular hero or peasant.

What happened to me just now as a quilboar swordsman is definitely making me reconsider my opinion on it though. Two patrols from different hamlets followed me to a larger town - one of them ambushed me in close proximity to the other. Both spawned and proceeded to start beating on each other, with a few attacking me and my companions.

I think I must have fought for more than half an hour straight - quilboars, furbolgs, even a few hill ettins and gray cyclopes attacking each other. Both of my companions died during the fight - I managed to survive somehow and got around 30 kills in total. They kept attacking even as I was singlehandedly wiping out their numbers - at one point I killed both a hill ettin and a gray cyclops that went after me. It was difficult to be sure, but damn it was satisfying once the fighting stopped. By the end of it, the steel broadsword that I was using actually started to show some wear - had to replace it with a furbolg swordsman's dark iron cutlass.

That was quite possibly one of the best moments I've had in a while. I wasn't even planning for it to go this way, I was hoping to just make a normal monster hunter that didn't bother much with bandits. That said I am gonna go next for the megabeast lairs around my civ.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: September 13, 2017, 07:23:29 pm »

This is quite possibly one of the best, most unexpected deaths I've had in a while.
I have a similar screenshot somewhere where my enemy cut my foot off, but you've got me beat.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: September 13, 2017, 08:30:03 pm »

This is quite possibly one of the best, most unexpected deaths I've had in a while.
I have a similar screenshot somewhere where my enemy cut my foot off, but you've got me beat.
I posted a screenshot on the face palm thread where it showed me getting one shot by an arrow in the first combat of that adventurer's career.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14496 on: September 14, 2017, 07:00:39 am »

Well, my adventurer just died pretty horribly. I went alone after an abomination and a barghest - both of which I slew without much trouble - the first got decapitated with a single slash - whereas the barghest took a thrown javelin to the head which pierced its brain.

However, I did the mistake of going after a blue dragon next. It clawed off my shield arm, then tore my weapon arm to shreds - it didn't bother going for my head, instead it just clawed my limbs and body while breathing clouds of frost. By the end, before I died it actually started showing the "you are freezing to death" message. So on top of massive hemorrhage my adventurer was also being frozen alive.

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: September 14, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »

My lord told me to go and clear out a nearby necromance tower.  So I went there and killed everyone there.  But when I reported to my lord apparently the tower wasn't clear.  So I went back and even though I destroyed the corpses the tower was once more full to the brim with undead.  So I killed them all again and then went and reported.  but the tower still wasn't clear.  So I returned to the tower and killed everyone for the third time left the site and waited an hour...  And all the undead were back!  O_o

I found the unkillable tower.  It doesn't matter if all within it are slayed and their corpses burned they simply return to life a mere hour later and I can never complete my lords assignment.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14498 on: September 15, 2017, 03:35:50 am »

Yeah, that's a known issue with towers.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: September 15, 2017, 07:59:30 am »

There's a trick that had worked against random respawns that I didn't think to try until after I left a tower behind, so I don't know that it works. Try talking to each of the undead. This will turn them into histfigs (and rack up your notable kills) and they won't respawn. If they use the same spawn mechanic as angels, this unfortunately won't work.

SomeKindOfGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: September 16, 2017, 02:20:19 pm »

I posted a screenshot on the face palm thread where it showed me getting one shot by an arrow in the first combat of that adventurer's career.
Archers are no joke in Adventure Mode. They're the cause of most of my deaths.
Signature? I hardly know 'er.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: September 16, 2017, 02:26:10 pm »

Archers are no joke in Adventure Mode. They're the cause of most of my deaths.
The one archer related fail that still haunts me is the time where one hit my vampire adventurer in the neck and shattered the upper spine. Since I was a vampire I didn't suffocate, I just had to go and retire in a nearby village. It shouldn't be as depressing as it was, but I was doing really well that time around, and I was sneaking into their camp to avoid that exact scenario. Moral? You aren't safe in trees.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: September 16, 2017, 03:47:12 pm »

When I fought the Depraved Destroyer, I had just opened a door and my back was to a ledge over a 5 level drop. I wasn't going to take any chances with that slade floor; not after I'd been killing and maiming angels by throwing them across it, and their mass is slightly less than mine. I halted my running momentum in a tick, sheathed my weapons, leapt to a pillar about a medium jump away to my flank, caught it the next level down and started dropping level by level. In that time, the Destroyer had gotten up and crawled down the pillar quickly enough to catch up to me one level from the floor, and missed two attacks. I dropped to ground, drew my axe and shield, and hacked at the easiest target, the Destroyer's left foot. Apparently it was a stance climber, because that was all it took to detach it from the pillar and explode it into its vomitous components against the slade block floor.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:15:11 pm by Uzu Bash »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: September 16, 2017, 09:23:47 pm »

Was journeying with a single swordwomen, an elf I found outside my old fort, just kind of standing around the pit where we tossed the rest of her kind. Armoured us both up with good gear and went on our journey. After mostly fighting giant dingoes etc, she got separated from me fighting goblins in a town. Two nights later, me and my new chick, a spearwoman, are caught up by her... She's suddenly a master swordsman? She left adept. How many goblins did she fight? I asked her how she was feeling, she just gave me blank responses as if I was asking a bandit.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: September 16, 2017, 10:23:01 pm »

Guess she went on a much better adventure than you did. ;P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1103