Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2014809 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14595 on: October 23, 2017, 03:57:38 pm »

Doesn't say much aside from that he was struck down by a cyclops. Maybe he just died a very honorable death for his kind.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14596 on: October 23, 2017, 04:02:51 pm »

The human civ I'm currently playing in must be a very progressive one, because they apparently considered it worth their time to erect in one of their catacombs a tomb and memorial slab for a kobold of all things.
Anything that dies in the town gets slabbed/entombed, regardless of civ membership. I even saw a slab for a hydra once.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: October 23, 2017, 08:29:53 pm »

The human civ I'm currently playing in must be a very progressive one, because they apparently considered it worth their time to erect in one of their catacombs a tomb and memorial slab for a kobold of all things.
Anything that dies in the town gets slabbed/entombed, regardless of civ membership. I even saw a slab for a hydra once.
well you either do that or deal with a ghost haunting your place, and none of them want to deal with a giant ghost hydra.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: October 24, 2017, 12:43:04 am »

Ghost kobolds would be worse than average kobolds. How are you going to keep them from touching your shinies if they can go through the walls!?

Had an adventure the other day. Didnt do much besides test some stuff out. I stabbed a giraffe in the back, though i couldnt chase it because id broken a leg jumping out of a tree.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14599 on: October 24, 2017, 02:47:43 am »

Ghost kobolds would be worse than average kobolds. How are you going to keep them from touching your shinies if they can go through the walls!?

Had an adventure the other day. Didnt do much besides test some stuff out. I stabbed a giraffe in the back, though i couldnt chase it because id broken a leg jumping out of a tree.
well good thing they can't noclip if they have anything on them like clothes or weapons. bad news is realization of ghosts float around naked.
"body swapping and YOU!"

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14600 on: October 24, 2017, 02:54:23 am »

well good thing they can't noclip if they have anything on them like clothes or weapons. bad news is realization of ghosts float around naked.

Maybe they have ghostly clothes.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14601 on: October 24, 2017, 03:16:06 am »

Wouldn't letting a kobold be a ghost be the worst punishment for them, considering they can see the shinies but not touch them at all?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #14602 on: October 24, 2017, 05:58:22 am »

But ghosts can very much touch the shinies D:

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: October 24, 2017, 09:27:47 am »

Ghosts in df can definitely interact with objects. One variety will randomly "misplace" objects (actually they can go through walls while holding the object right? Im pretty sure i saw that happen while i was watching one) and others will batter dwarves to death. So presumably ghostly kobolds can touch all the shinies they want or something.

And yeah, theyre always naked right now. Nobody wants to see naked kobolds but too bad. (or dwarves, i guess) Toady might give them ghosty clothes in the future but undead dont spawn with possessions of any sort right now, except tower zombies. Something about coding problems with treating corpses as containers iirc
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14604 on: October 24, 2017, 02:38:26 pm »

I just imagine ghosts as casper style wisps.  Its not like they use their legs for anything in-game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #14605 on: October 25, 2017, 12:32:06 am »

Ghosts cannot move through walls if they are carrying anything or have anything equipped.  Besides logic, it's a good way of making sure the misplaced objects don't wind up anywhere completely inaccessible.

Interestingly, the game has pretty good support for playing as a ghost in adventure mode, though you need to use dfhack to actually do it.  When playing as a ghost you have the same limitations.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: October 25, 2017, 09:28:53 am »

I found a ghost in an abandoned fort. I then gave it jewels.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: October 25, 2017, 11:10:36 am »

Ghosts in df can definitely interact with objects. One variety will randomly "misplace" objects (actually they can go through walls while holding the object right? Im pretty sure i saw that happen while i was watching one) and others will batter dwarves to death. So presumably ghostly kobolds can touch all the shinies they want or something.

And yeah, theyre always naked right now. Nobody wants to see naked kobolds but too bad. (or dwarves, i guess) Toady might give them ghosty clothes in the future but undead dont spawn with possessions of any sort right now, except tower zombies. Something about coding problems with treating corpses as containers iirc
whats more mess up is the game does have a item storage container for dead people if you resurrect them via dfhack, as dying again after that just poofs the character as they already had left a corpse.

also undead in towers are peasants in towns but with the undead syndrome class type slap on, going by the site inhabitant's coding goes. so the game clothes them already, other wise the undead the necromancers make are naked punchy types.

this doesn't mean player necromancers with a lil modding can't force items and weapons on their undead via granting them can speak and can learn, it's just the process will take ages to build an armed zombie force, and they probably don't get skills to fight well enough.
that said ghostly clothes seems like something you end up with a player(me) trying to harvest the clothes off of the dead and gaining insane enchanted items that probably means DF modding the raw materials into building blocks or weapons.
also dfhack ghostly flag would end up either turning adventurer's items into ghostly items, or figuring if the game clones a dead unit's items which leads to seeing if ghostly items has a value in stores, also giving folks valuable items causing them to die in a fort, then stealing the ghostly version of the item they had.

oh and in a weird adventure mode check ghost adventurers can't seem to move through solid objects if they are wearing or holding any items so a kobold could pick up a shiney, but said shiney can't be noclipped into the ground making the player of the fort super confused on how this item is embedded in slate 3 z floors down. combine that with the no nonflying being as a ghost can fly the kobold can just swim through solid mass but has to walk like every one else, or risk stuck floating in one spot forever.

besides it not the ghost kobolds one has to worry about but the mummy kobolds
"body swapping and YOU!"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: October 25, 2017, 12:34:54 pm »

Yeah, I've fought mummy kobolds before. Apparently, the kobold was the law maker of the town, before he died.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14609 on: October 25, 2017, 12:50:17 pm »

whats more mess up is the game does have a item storage container for dead people if you resurrect them via dfhack, as dying again after that just poofs the character as they already had left a corpse.

also undead in towers are peasants in towns but with the undead syndrome class type slap on, going by the site inhabitant's coding goes. so the game clothes them already, other wise the undead the necromancers make are naked punchy types.

this doesn't mean player necromancers with a lil modding can't force items and weapons on their undead via granting them can speak and can learn, it's just the process will take ages to build an armed zombie force, and they probably don't get skills to fight well enough.
that said ghostly clothes seems like something you end up with a player(me) trying to harvest the clothes off of the dead and gaining insane enchanted items that probably means DF modding the raw materials into building blocks or weapons.
also dfhack ghostly flag would end up either turning adventurer's items into ghostly items, or figuring if the game clones a dead unit's items which leads to seeing if ghostly items has a value in stores, also giving folks valuable items causing them to die in a fort, then stealing the ghostly version of the item they had.

oh and in a weird adventure mode check ghost adventurers can't seem to move through solid objects if they are wearing or holding any items so a kobold could pick up a shiney, but said shiney can't be noclipped into the ground making the player of the fort super confused on how this item is embedded in slate 3 z floors down. combine that with the no nonflying being as a ghost can fly the kobold can just swim through solid mass but has to walk like every one else, or risk stuck floating in one spot forever.

besides it not the ghost kobolds one has to worry about but the mummy kobolds
The CAN_SPEAK thing on zombies doesn't work anymore. In 40.xx my sorcerers would raise a zombie type that could still talk - after 42 it no longer works even if the corpse is relatively undamaged.
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1103