Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015642 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14655 on: November 23, 2017, 07:45:29 am »

Quickly tested the new DF version to check if there was some change to the ai, created a regular human that for some reason spawned in an elven retreat despite there were human settlements around.
After fetching a couple of soldiers from a human meadhall that was filled with empty pedestals, i went to a dark pit to see how the identity stuff would work with the goblins asking for them.

I was disapointed to see while travelling that companion ai are still unable to follow you when swimming through a river, so i had to recatch them in travel mode as usual, but finally after navigating those annoying goblin area, i got into a tower as my AI were re-stuck in front of a river that was running through the site (and with being unable to use travel mode in the pits, no recatching the AI unfortunately)

So alone on top of a tower, a goblin asked my identity, so i could give a try to create one , things worked, i talked back to the goblin with my new identity and he immediately attacked after the greeting, i guess i gave an enemy identity :)
I fought back, and once i had hurt him enough, as usual the gob ran away.

But to my disapointement i noticed that despite -i was not sneaking- the several goblins that were around never once tried to attack me despite apparently i claimed the identity of an enemy (considering the asking gob immediately attacked) or at least help the gob i was fighting.
I thought maybe for some reason they were too terrified as everyone is with the emotion system, but none of those gobs ever tried to run away, it looks like the passivity problem is still there :/

I could then walk without any problem back to the river, withouts any gobs chasing me, swim through it so the companions stuck there could get back to me, leave the pits and walk back to a human hamlet and after killing their goblin lord (again the soldiers AI in the meadhall never went to fight help their lord, only my AI companions joined against the gob) i claimed the site to check what would happen after some more world updates in the legends.

I hope Toady will do something about this passivity problem.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14656 on: November 23, 2017, 08:24:51 am »

I was ordered to kill a howling beast in a lair a few days away. So I tread through the snow and reach the location. All I find is a naked peasant screaming at me about my weapon. I accuse him of being a demon and he just calls me insane and starts running away. So I air-decapitate him like the good anime character is supposed to. Get back to the lady, tell her about the peasant I killed and yet no one believes me he was the beast. What.
Sounds like you found the wrong lair.
Naked peasant == Untransformed werebeast.
Howling beast == Probable night troll.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #14657 on: November 23, 2017, 08:27:35 am »

Or you just killed the prisonner mate of the howling beast before the mating that would transform him into a beast himself. Did you try to rescue him?

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14658 on: November 23, 2017, 10:14:44 am »

Or you just killed the prisonner mate of the howling beast before the mating that would transform him into a beast himself. Did you try to rescue him?
There were weapons and armor sprawled along the floor so I just kind of assumed he was the target. Upon legend view inspection it seems I got the right person but I guess because he didn't transform or anything no one believed me. It just said I killed an unknown beast but the objective is not considered complete. I'm gonna spin it in my headcannon that I was played by the civilization's lady into murdering a harmless vagrant.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:17:32 am by Dbuhos »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14659 on: November 23, 2017, 11:04:25 am »

Assuming the identity of a prophet lets you prophesize.

Doesn't seem to do much, but its pretty funny to have your adventurer say ominous stuff at a whim.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14660 on: November 23, 2017, 11:14:58 am »

^- I love how Srizrak just shuts you down and tells you to watch your mouth.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14661 on: November 23, 2017, 11:22:10 am »

I got a new world with a necromancer tower named Tirinohe, "Frostballs."  It was created by a human with a Gorlak apprentice named "Thuthu Bowelworked"
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: November 23, 2017, 04:55:09 pm »

I just crossed a mountain range using only underground roads. I think I never managed this without getting completely lost or dying of thirst before. I even found an underground river with running water and enemies on the roads.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: November 23, 2017, 05:48:46 pm »

I even found an underground river with running water and enemies on the roads.

Butcherable?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14664 on: November 23, 2017, 06:08:35 pm »

Butcherable?

A giant olm and naked mole rats.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14665 on: November 23, 2017, 06:12:00 pm »

Butcherable?

A giant olm and naked mole rats.

So I just need to find an underground river when I try this, then I'll be ready...

In other news, I genned a pocket-size Very Short world (to avoid crashes), which means 5 years of worldgen. I tried to start an adventurer, but I can only start as a peasant. Oh, and I started with prepared heart as food. Is that new as a preparable item?

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #14666 on: November 23, 2017, 06:35:08 pm »

Nah, I think I've seen prepared hearts before.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: November 23, 2017, 07:02:12 pm »

After crossing the mountain range, another first : I successfully disguised as a member of the goblin civilization and managed to get underground on a dark fortress. My target is an artifact crossbow that I heard about the other side of the continent, held by a kidnapped dwarf. Asking about the dwarf I got his whereabouts and found him. He fled however before I could even speak with him - talking with the other denizens of the place I was then informed that dwarf was killed. After some extensive search, I found his body, and luckily, he had not only the crossbow but an artifact amulet as well.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: November 23, 2017, 07:25:55 pm »

I snuck into some dark pits. I never got close enough to an unaware gobbo to be challenged, though a heard one challenging a random goblin surgeon. I had a brief struggle with this same surgeon before choking him (or her, I didn't look at the description) unconscious and slicing said surgeon's head off. I have named both of my weapons now.
I'm currently making good my escape, to tell of my feat in the nearest human hamlet, about a half-day's journey away. Night better not fall soon; no warriors whom I could have taken as companions exist yet in this world, so I'll be alone if bogeymen attack.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14669 on: November 23, 2017, 07:33:58 pm »

As a follow up to my previous post with my character claiming a meadhall after killing the filthy gob that was ruling over a terrified hamlet
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg7624878#msg7624878

After toying with a fortress for an ingame year and retiring it temporarly, i returned to adventure mode and created a new character.
This one happened to be a heartperson ... of my previous character.

So after inquiring about a heartperson duty, my new guy was assigned the task to end a night creature.
Problem was that this night creature or his lair didn't appeared in any "ask direction" or "ask about somebody" chat option, and after asking about trouble a lot around, still none mentionned that creature or his lair.

To gather some food i was roaming around a desert and got some camel meat from the expedition.
When returning to the meadhall night fell, so i slept and noticed a "*" moving and disappearing just outside the desert.

I walked around it and found a lair, with my companions we entered and it was the night creature i was tasked to kill, talk about luck :D

After a long battle (didn't noticed that i was armed with a crappy wooden sword) that cost the life of one of my squad member, finally the beast bled out after half a thousand of "artery ruptured" strikes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Decided to bring back the monster skull as a trophy (as the meadhall was filled with empty pedestal, at least there would be something there) after butchering.
The fallen ally provided me with a much better sword and some more nice piece of armor so i would forgot having to fight with wooden sword again.

Went back to the meadhall to report everything that happened and report my mission to my lord :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And it was there i noticed, that's not my previous character name, i decided to retire and check, and indeed that lord is my previous character but that's not his name.
I was wondering if it was a new bug, when i re-checked my previous post and understood what it was :
When my previous character went in expedition against a tower in a goblin site, he provided one of those disgusting gob a fake identity, and apparently the game keep that fake identity in account, even if you only gave it to an enemy.

You'll have to keep that in mind when playing with fake informations.

Oh and when reporting things around, the npc you talk with always mention "unknown creatures" instead of the actually known names or known creature, certainly a new bug.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 07:35:54 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1103