Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022836 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15030 on: March 16, 2018, 07:40:05 pm »

so impregnate works on the fact that there's a Pregnant timer that the game toggles on for units, and this doesn't really plop out a kid if the person is Male.
you really can just poop out as many of those kids with no dad, as the whole father bit is just Genes for patterns and relationship father id set up.
oh fun fact the race the baby becomes is tied to the race the mother currently is, so if you say Impregnate while a werebeast you will push out a Pureborn Werebeast child,

also I think there are scripts that Marry and set fathers for baby set ups but you kinda have to dig deep in Dfhack thread to find them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 07:41:55 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #15031 on: March 16, 2018, 08:28:51 pm »

Thanks you two ! Really helpful, I'll do some diggin'

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: March 16, 2018, 08:48:39 pm »

Putnam's Ectobiology script would be a good place to start.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15033 on: March 17, 2018, 08:04:22 am »

Created a new adventurer, running as a female this time. Messing with dfhack, I've used the impregnate skill on my adventurer and after taking a few steps, she had dumped the kid on the ground. She was ecstatic after giving birth. I tried to speak with the child and ended up becoming the child's adventure companion. This'd be an unusual playthrough for sure...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hehe, seems odd for a newborn to already have Very Long hair. Guess that's just because it's the only hairstyle available to humans.

Hmm, I'm quite excited for when adventurers can have relationships of their own. Would be nice if some family was generated at the same time as your adventurer; going on an adventure with siblings or parents is a great opportunity!
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: March 18, 2018, 04:41:36 pm »

Started in a small human town (240ish population) and felt it was much to calm. So I spawned in about 10 minotaurs to see how things would play out, but they were killed quickly and few of the citizens were even injured. I felt this was inadequate so I spawned in about 20 ettins this time. Now there's a bunch of talking 2 headed brutes charging through the keep, killing off any survivors in an almost scooby-doo like fashion, and I'm quite pleased with the results. So pleased that I retire my (batman bard) adventurer there and start as a new Ettin adventurer with dfhack (sadly I came to find out that my batman was killed in the time it took to load the world again, by my new ettin friends. Oh well). I jumped into a nearby hamlet and spawned a few more ettin pals there for good measure before heading to the town. I quickly found the keep again and was amused to see that about 10 or so ettins were still there, some living in the houses amongst the corpses of their victims, chatting about their past accomplishments. I scoured the town and found that at least 1/2 the town was alive and well! Obviously, this wasn't acceptable, so I brought in a 2nd wave of ettin reinforcements. Together we hunted down all but about 40 or so survivors and drove them from their holes, and my ettin adventurer became a vampire ettin adventurer in the process.

Now I travel to distant hamlets, drinking blood before calling in my 2 headed cronies to finish off the weak and claim the land for all of Ettin-kind!

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: March 19, 2018, 04:55:49 pm »

Just got my ass handed by a spoiler place's beast archangel, even despite using an uber-trained warrior with masterwork steel equipment. Man, I must've not played adventure mode for longer than I thought; I don't remember those things being anywhere near as brutal as this one.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 05:00:41 pm by ShinQuickMan »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #15036 on: March 19, 2018, 05:52:21 pm »

I am rehabilitating a goblin bandit and I love every second of it. I will make it work. She will become a productive member of society

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: March 20, 2018, 12:05:53 am »

Could someone be kind enough to give me a short summary of what's new in .44.07? Both modding-wise and gameplay-wise side of things.

Been outta the loop for a looong while now and for some reason I can't get the idea of playing DF again out of my head for the past 4 days now. As for the mods I currently started a new world with is the lite version of ZM5's modpack along with my own few addition from the past. Good thing there's an alpha version of dfhack already out too so that was the first thing I installed after unpacking the new version of the core game.

I think I've finally recovered from the burn out judging by how fast I set up the new version of DF.

EDIT1: Whoops, meant to start off with the warcraft-only version of the modpack. :-X

EDIT2: Decided to go for a 125-year old world and found a tavern in a draenei town called Magicdrummed. I've not seen a tavern in the game myself before other than being aware that they are an actual thing in the game. Bought some wine and drank it and then chatted some more with the tavern keeper for info about the world and got quite a bit from there, enough to start going after bandit camps. Just earlier before I found that tavern I weaved a story to a tuskarr farmer of how she killed an ice giant back in the late summer of 78. When I asked about how the beastess felt like, the dialog I got about how good my adventurer's storytelling was I noticed straight away that no longer do NPCs spell your whole adventurer's name and instead it's just you when you ask about how they feel and they comment on your told story. I like that new change there quite a bit!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:25:48 am by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15038 on: March 23, 2018, 01:13:58 am »

uhh some how found away to unlock werecreatures in Adventure mode by accident from messing around with Camp sites and a lil modding.
kinda ponder how I did it, my guess is something to do with embarking on a player's camp, and having an entity with All main pop controllable and animal token class set for general poison.

didn't get to play that much as a were buffallo as I did leave a camp full of undead glass angels and they all ran in to kill me.
probably need to do more science on this and to see if I luck out on being able to play as a megabeast or an angel this way. so far only seen werebeasts on the list.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15039 on: March 23, 2018, 08:37:19 am »

uhh some how found away to unlock werecreatures in Adventure mode by accident from messing around with Camp sites and a lil modding.

That sure is an interesting find!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15040 on: March 24, 2018, 05:35:37 am »

so it seems like making a camp and being a lord is more fleshed out now.
you can start at the adventurer camp as a Hearthperson and get jobs by your previous lord adventurer.
which means one could just build an adventuring army in a camp and go around and takeover and ask for tributes.

wonder if camps could lead to starting a Fort based on that CampCiv.

currently playing an Ettin hearthperson working for a Nightcreature lord at the moment.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: March 24, 2018, 09:30:27 pm »

That's awesome! I remember trying to achieve that with making a sidekick adventurer a hearthperson for my main adventurer about 3-5 versions of the game way back and I don't remember if that was successful or not, I think I may have solved it by using the sidekick adventurer to live in my tower-camp and then asking him to be an hearthperson with my main adventurer. Again, I don't quite remember it because my mind was saturated/occupied with building ideas of tower-like small forts.

As for now I am investigating a town for an artifact amulet and so far I haven't a clue where it might be hiding and/or on who because so many tiles have have about a dozen+ other items. EDIT: Heh, I think I might be mistaking missing treasure with artifacts. :-X

On a side note; The game feels and looks more alive to me with 20x20 Taffer's tileset along with his optional/alternate happy colors.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:24:05 pm by Droggarth »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15042 on: March 24, 2018, 10:25:31 pm »

uhh my set up for getting the randomly generated creatures to be playable kinda lead to pop cap of 3000 in populations.
one of my camps currently is filled with 2000 units from world progression alone.

edit: hmm it seems like the new update seem to have an effect on AdvCamps as it seems like you can unlock new advmode creature types by building a camp and becoming a lord.
this probably has to do with Messing with entity raws to make it so that all main popcap is playable and All general_poison group are always there for the site which probably ends up with the game making every sapient general poison classed being a playable adventurer.

also did experiments on hearthperson hostilities tolerance and it probably tied to if the unit is Crazed as the ettin hearthperson is okay with a goblin lord, but the werewolf keeps getting stabbed after doing a successful mission and performing a song, only to find out I could just Retire the werewolf by Switch from advmode to fortmode menu in Mode set and gain access to the fort retirement option.

so far all these tests probably leads to future modding potential as one might wonder if it possible to unlock different adventure class types with by making a camp near an habitat or something like that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 05:24:50 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: March 25, 2018, 05:29:39 am »

Woah. :o That's a lot of werecreatures for one CampCiv to manage. Gave me a picture of a very large and wide warehouse-esque multi-floor superstructure to fit them all in, kinda like a hive city from Warhammer 40k.

Still getting my bearings in my 125 year old Warcraft-themed world. There's about less than half a dozen dreanei civs and only one of them is a proper large town and has quite a few other races moving around like earth elementals, unbroken, faceless ones, orcs, pandarens, plague cultists and a few other sentients, yikes. This is the most strange town I've ever been to in this game, that's for sure.

EDIT: There's fel orc clerk in that Draenei town too... I.. I burst out laughing.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 05:44:23 am by Droggarth »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: March 25, 2018, 10:23:12 am »

Woah. :o That's a lot of werecreatures for one CampCiv to manage. Gave me a picture of a very large and wide warehouse-esque multi-floor superstructure to fit them all in, kinda like a hive city from Warhammer 40k.

Still getting my bearings in my 125 year old Warcraft-themed world. There's about less than half a dozen dreanei civs and only one of them is a proper large town and has quite a few other races moving around like earth elementals, unbroken, faceless ones, orcs, pandarens, plague cultists and a few other sentients, yikes. This is the most strange town I've ever been to in this game, that's for sure.

EDIT: There's fel orc clerk in that Draenei town too... I.. I burst out laughing.
oh those aren't all just werecreatures it's filled with Every animal, and animal variation on top of the werebeasts, and the night trolls and probably angels.
  this is basically what happens when you start in one of these 2000+ pop sites
I couldn't even fast travel out of here due to being underground and moving once froze the game.
currently on a different save I have an goblin civ that separated from the rest of the other races on a frozen island which unlock the option to play with the rng creatures from making 1 camp and retiring in it.
well discovered a way to buy bogeymen in fort mode which in a way frees them from the cackling and can be visited and seen in the day said (bogeys can join the military), also kinda mean a civ could just have a group of bogeymen  indoors, thank the [ANIMAL] tokens for giving access to the randomly generated creatures.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 01:27:19 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1104