Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994917 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15120 on: May 12, 2018, 11:57:12 pm »

My most recent adventurer managed to infiltrate a dark fortress, rescue a human girl, fight off multiple fortress denizens while leading her to safety, and reunite said girl with her parents in the city of Fogsquash all while nearly every bone and major organ in her body was broken beyond repair (my character's, not the kid's xD). It's times like this that I truly adore this amazing game.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15121 on: May 13, 2018, 03:59:13 pm »

The tavern keeper has a busy evening:

Edit
Actually, I just checked and it isn't evening, It's not even noon yet.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:02:06 pm by Bralbaard »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15122 on: May 15, 2018, 03:38:53 am »

So the new update to DF seem to kick up emotions to overdrive, also with the ability to check the description of your character to see how their currently feeling.
which is a good solution to see if your plumphelmetpeople is coping with all the murders you been sending them on given the old way was talking to someone about your adventurer's emotions.
but I worry these adventurers will probably go berserk from stress given all the insane amount of murders they seen and witness if they retire in a fort.
oh and bogeymen seem to not care about most of the negative traits outside of enduring seeing a friend slowly decay over time.

so uhh kinda been on a send stressed folks out to die or get captured while filling forts with folks who don't care about dead things or immune to emotions.
in other news wonder how other players handle the "clearly this adventurer hates the blood on their hands, and remembers the faces of those who died friend and foe."

edit: kinda been in a mix of wondering if anyone made a breakthrough on commanding companions to do Raids, or getting access to raids when you switch from advmode to fort mode, as currently mode set switching to adventure mode to fort mode means hitting the C key will auto crash the game.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:43:41 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15123 on: May 16, 2018, 02:46:12 pm »

Hey, isn't vampire blood injectable? Does that mean you can just stab a vampire, and then turn other people by stabbing them?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15124 on: May 16, 2018, 02:54:39 pm »

I am fairly sure it needs to be ingested, but I also do not recall any research done on the possibility of injection.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15125 on: May 16, 2018, 06:32:26 pm »

I am fairly sure it needs to be ingested, but I also do not recall any research done on the possibility of injection.
It can be injected. Source: I'm a wizard.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15126 on: May 16, 2018, 09:54:58 pm »

I had a quest to kill a cyclops, when i got there he had an artifact Iron pike,

So i disarmed them by stabbing them in the arm, grabbed the pike, and stabbed them in the head with it, instanly killing them

And quest complete:

I then received a quest to clear the criminals from a  nearby town, got there, got free wine and a room at the tavern in that town, (because i told them that i killed the cyclops and they were very impressed.
Then i was swarmed by a gang of cave fish people and murdered in the street.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:00:17 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15127 on: May 16, 2018, 11:51:57 pm »

Huh. So I had this monitor lizard man a while back in my current world and ended up retiring him shortly after creation as he didn't spawn in an area with much interesting going on at the time. However, after I retired him he apparently joined the military, led his home civ in an assault against the elves (elven civ anyway, they were actually led by a human), and ended up getting imprisoned. Never can be sure what your characters will get up to once you leave them to the forces of worldgen randomness. Might launch a rescue mission for him in either mode at some point in the future.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15128 on: May 18, 2018, 05:09:48 pm »

I've occasionally been asking about the whereabouts of some necromancer, but nobody knows her (his? for some reason I've thought it was a her) location, and I see not towers at all on the accessible portion of my quest-map.

But I just stopped at a town and saw the message "the pikeman corpse stabs the narrow-eyed fishery worker in the right upper arm, so I may have found someone, at least, who knows the secrets of life and death. If only there were some way to learn them from her instead of trying to follow her back to her tower.

Also, should I take on any of the undead here? Please advise.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:14:15 pm by Eschar »

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #15129 on: May 18, 2018, 06:10:25 pm »

so I have silently killed a lord, I want to carry the heads of royalty. so if I sever the neck does it take the head with it or no (just asking because it says x's neck and I want to make sure I have the head)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15130 on: May 18, 2018, 06:40:19 pm »

so I have silently killed a lord, I want to carry the heads of royalty. so if I sever the neck does it take the head with it or no (just asking because it says x's neck and I want to make sure I have the head)

You have to sever the head, yes.

On an unrelated note, I'm being curb-stomped by three goblins in some under-keep tunnels.

EDIT: Severely injured by the goblins, I tried to retire and found that you can do so even in combat, as long as you're at a friendly site. I did so, then returned to the character to find that wounds are conserved during the time you're retired. Specifically, I can't stand or grasp, and I have sensory and nerve damage. None of it could be treated by FT, either.

Regardless, I FT'd to the nearest tavern to think on my current uselessness. While trying to tell tales, I found that the leader of this town is secretly a vampire, and had in fact become on by defiling the same temple as I had. I wondered if I could simultaneously rid the town of this vampire and gain control of the town for myself. I traveled back to the keep, where I located the ruler/vampire and her law-giver, then waited for night.

Her vampirism meant she was the only person awake then; there would be no witnesses. I crawled up to her and, readying myself to be killed on the next turn, bit her in the hand, hard. Turns out I still had the armor from the underground battle. I began to shake her hand and head with my teeth, and was gratified to see her lose hold of her copper dagger. Two semi-crippled vampires, evenly matched, their only weapons their teeth (how fitting) battling for Hairstrokes' seat of power.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:35:45 pm by Eschar »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #15131 on: May 19, 2018, 12:35:11 am »

The item labeled "whatever's neck" does contain the head along with it. Same as "whatever's head" includes the eyes and ears, and "whatever's upper arm" contains the lower arm and hand.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15132 on: May 21, 2018, 01:05:45 pm »

I've occasionally been asking about the whereabouts of some necromancer, but nobody knows her (his? for some reason I've thought it was a her) location, and I see not towers at all on the accessible portion of my quest-map.

But I just stopped at a town and saw the message "the pikeman corpse stabs the narrow-eyed fishery worker in the right upper arm, so I may have found someone, at least, who knows the secrets of life and death. If only there were some way to learn them from her instead of trying to follow her back to her tower.

Also, should I take on any of the undead here? Please advise.

Necromancers dont need to live in towers, sometimes they live in a camp, and sometimes they take over villages and take up residence there. This may be the latter case. They will have their slab on them if they live in a camp and maybe also if they live in a town, so all you need to do is sneak in and find the slab.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15133 on: May 22, 2018, 09:23:30 pm »

Managed to accidentally become a vampire just now by pressing the wrong key and drinking the blood I still had on me from a vampire overlord I killed rather than the water I intended to.

Only in DF can you turn yourself into a soulless bloodsucking undead monster simply on account of having butterfingers. :P
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:25:32 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15134 on: May 23, 2018, 10:45:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am so glad I decided to fly 2 levels above the ocean. I am going to rise 2 more levels now, just to be sure.

Edit.

Spoiler: What (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: is (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: going (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: on (click to show/hide)
on this ocean?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:56:21 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1103