Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995277 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15135 on: May 23, 2018, 11:10:33 am »

It's just me, or your pictures are broken?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15136 on: May 23, 2018, 12:07:41 pm »

No, they're working for me.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15137 on: May 24, 2018, 01:36:06 am »

That's the first time I've seen ice walls form as individual dots instead of large squares.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15138 on: May 24, 2018, 01:47:27 am »

The way it happened was this:

I was flying over the ice. Suddenly the ice under me turned into water and most of it (aside from the dots) formed ice 1 level higher. Unfortunately, I only saw the water in the what-is-under-you window, as the whole thing happened within 1 step. This happened both on ocean height ice and ice blocks 1 layer higher. It never happened twice on the same place, but just to be sure I flew 6 layers above sea level.

Then, on land, I had my arm ripped away by a Dragon Turtle (Which apparently can also spit rocks.) and had my cloak set on fire by a pyromancer. Luckily disrobing takes no time. Even if you are 1-handed and are holding a crutch, a bow, a katana, your own arm, and a shield in the remaining hand.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #15139 on: May 24, 2018, 07:57:45 am »

Strange things...
So I'm in the woods like 100m~ west of town and about 10 steps away from a group of soldiers (bandits? criminals? i'm childhood friends with some of 'em and they haven't mugged me yet)
So I go to sleep and I have no party members, but I'm thinking "there's people like 10 steps away from me i'll be fine"
But lo and behold, bogeymen spawn.
Now I'm playing a demigod with quite a bit of wrestling skill but I've not been leveling up my combat stuff I was planning on building a giant building this adventure mode.
So I'm being chased by bogeymen and I sprint east towards the people being like "how and why"
the soldier people are still there, and awake now that bogeymen have begun to attack them.
I tried to give the soldiers a bit of help but I could really only ever land a hit when a bogeyman was distracted attacking another person. Then the bogeyman would turn towards me and punch me in the lung or something. Now I'm frantically crawling and dodging hoping i can make it back to town that way. I won't make it lets be honest.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:17:10 am by 5crownik007 »
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15140 on: May 24, 2018, 11:59:10 am »

Bogeymen no longer make any sense now that individual AI adventurers are wandering around taking on quests for artifacts and killing things. I think toady needs to rework that mechanic.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15141 on: May 24, 2018, 02:11:38 pm »

If I get it correctly, the intent is to discourage going alone (as it is dangerous).

The solution would be, to increase amount of night time ambushes by wild animals and give all sentient creatures an interaction, which wakes up nearby creatures. Then program the companion AI to use it on allies at the start of battle.

It may require making a distinction between unconscious and sleeping creatures. Sleeping creatures wake up upon being hit by anything or being grabbed, while unconscious creatures should not. Also this interaction would only wake the sleepng.

I have had time in an adventure quite some time ago, where I was with companions and I failed to wake up while my head was being shaken around by a dingo. I did end up waking up and being the lone survivor of the battle, but the fact that it took about 10 combat rounds of a dingo shaking my head to wake me up is crazy.

Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #15142 on: May 24, 2018, 02:27:48 pm »

Wouldn't it make more sense if they just yell to everyone around them rather than having a special interaction for that? I guess if someone's sleeping too deeply you could have an interaction to grab and shake them.
Honestly, that would be a neat thing to be seeing with non-sapient animals, too. Warning calls and such.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15143 on: May 24, 2018, 02:32:53 pm »

If I get it correctly, the intent is to discourage going alone (as it is dangerous).

The solution would be, to increase amount of night time ambushes by wild animals and give all sentient creatures an interaction, which wakes up nearby creatures. Then program the companion AI to use it on allies at the start of battle.

It may require making a distinction between unconscious and sleeping creatures. Sleeping creatures wake up upon being hit by anything or being grabbed, while unconscious creatures should not. Also this interaction would only wake the sleepng.

I have had time in an adventure quite some time ago, where I was with companions and I failed to wake up while my head was being shaken around by a dingo. I did end up waking up and being the lone survivor of the battle, but the fact that it took about 10 combat rounds of a dingo shaking my head to wake me up is crazy.
Yes but my issue is that it doesn’t affect the new AI adventurers who can go questing alone without worrying about them as you play. Which means I’d both you and an AI adventurer have the same artifact quest, they don’t have to stay at a village for the night. Which even though the AI isn’t very good is still unfair and kinda detached bogeymen from the world at large.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #15144 on: May 24, 2018, 04:50:16 pm »

There are many things that need fixing in adv mode, tho I think fortress mode is (rightfully) receiving the most focus atm.
I mean, for example I can get water by going to a murky pool, filling waterskin with stagnant water, then dropping that water, and refilling my waterskin with the water from the ground, now purified. (futuristic water purification, drop onto grass)
Heck, if you have 1 unit of water left in your waterskin and you drop it onto the ground and refill, you have 3 again.
But this thread isn't about adventure mode bugs, it's about adventure mode stories.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15145 on: May 25, 2018, 02:18:32 am »

Yes but my issue is that it doesn’t affect the new AI adventurers who can go questing alone without worrying about them as you play. Which means I’d both you and an AI adventurer have the same artifact quest, they don’t have to stay at a village for the night. Which even though the AI isn’t very good is still unfair and kinda detached bogeymen from the world at large.

Then have those AI adventurers have the same random encounter chance as you. And if they are alone and it is while they are resting when the encounter happens, they automaticaly die and a named dangerous animal is spawned.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15146 on: May 25, 2018, 02:46:47 am »

Then have those AI adventurers have the same random encounter chance as you. And if they are alone and it is while they are resting when the encounter happens, they automaticaly die and a named dangerous animal is spawned.
I get the automatic thing, but why spawn dangerous animals? And bogeymen will be removed in the myth release.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15147 on: May 25, 2018, 03:05:56 am »

Because anyone that killed a Historical figure becomes a Historical figure. I assume that the AI adventurers are historical, so the creature that kills one should become a historical figure as well.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15148 on: May 25, 2018, 04:19:29 am »

The problem? Bogeymen are going to be removed in the next major release.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15149 on: May 25, 2018, 04:26:25 am »

Seeing how I do not like playing worlds with boogeymen, I do not consider that a problem.
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1103