Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994919 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15165 on: June 03, 2018, 05:31:24 pm »

I managed to wrestle-grab it and jump away, taking it with me, then put it on a table. I then revoked her status as hearthperson and ended our journey together, resulting in her attacking me, which is a bit disappointing, but i just left her there alone.

Sas isnt a werewolf thank god, but even transformations wont heal the foot that got ripped off as every time i load the local area a second time after confirming her foot is restored, its gone again. I just got her a crutch.The journey took the remaining three of us back north where i tried to demand the lords of some towns pay homage to me to no avail. Ended up killing one of them in the process.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15166 on: June 04, 2018, 06:26:39 am »

Fought a cyclops to a standstill, couldn't cut him past the skin layer for some reason, kept stabbing and slashing away till he broke the hand holding the sword. Not wasting time to pick it back up, I punched him in the face, instantly shoving his skull through his brain... Guess I'm not a swordsman anymore, time to punch everything!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15167 on: June 04, 2018, 04:52:21 pm »

Good grief, I've managed to completely ignore where the majority of the draenei civs in my now previous world were.. get this; I've been messing around on the very top left corner of the world without realizing that all of the fun stuff were over an ocean south-east until recently. So much for being part of the town of Parchhonor. Note to self: Check the map in legends!

Genned a new world called Zilirnitom aka The Eternal Planets which has a bit less water between lands and the evil civs there are not far away from draenei civs.
Anyhow the new RNG genned 52 year old world looks heck of a lot more promising for what I'm aiming to accomplish in the game for months now but I keep interrupted by other things so it's kind of a bummer in and of itself. Mainly writing it down so I have a reminder along with motivation to play the game.

I'm just baffled at myself, I haven't derped this hard for a long while to a point I find it kinda funny actually.

EDIT:
Heh, as far as beginnings go mine got off for a first time in a long while unexpectedly good. As I was declaring the dreanei town's fort in Pageglimmers with my secondary adventurer as a means to create a guild for my main adventurer to be able to claim an adv camp of my own. The moment I claimed the fort, my secondary adventurer became a lord, he was previously a valiant/hearthperson. That is a great thing because now I don't have to investigate every house to locate where the original vindicator or an exarch lives as my 2nd adventurer spends time actually in the fort (retired him there).

The process wasn't all sunshine and roses though as one of the things I needed was to invite my main adventurer as an hearthperson and for that I had to prey on a lost one lasher who I quickly killed with a blunt weapon to the head once no one else was around, carried his corpse to a rooftop of a house a couple of dozen tiles away. That lasher had an adamantine whip which was a rare and odd find since adamantine is useless for blunt weaponry. It be easier if DFtool was updated for .44.09 but damn.. that whole process was actually fun all things considered. That's pretty much one of the ways you can make your outsider be part of a civ.

Here's how my Zilirnitom world looks like. All the purple stuff near the top of the map is where I'll be aiming to get some serious bodycount. Though looking at it now, I ought to visit that dark fort to the right of Pageglimmers first since it's much closer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:12:12 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15168 on: June 04, 2018, 09:26:04 pm »

That tileset is gradually eroding my eyes, I can feel it.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15169 on: June 04, 2018, 09:42:01 pm »

That tileset is gradually eroding my eyes, I can feel it.

Bwheheh! Sorry about that. Then again it is a scaled-down version of the actual size of it:
I've always found it difficult to keep playing with the default tileset and colors. Basically the default tileset and default colors tend to erode my eyes, which is why I laughed.

edit:
Fought a cyclops to a standstill, couldn't cut him past the skin layer for some reason, kept stabbing and slashing away till he broke the hand holding the sword. Not wasting time to pick it back up, I punched him in the face, instantly shoving his skull through his brain... Guess I'm not a swordsman anymore, time to punch everything!

Heh, that's both hilarious and metal AF. I ran into a similar situation today before I built my tower.
One of my five companions (Qiraji swordsman) got chewed up real bad by worg ambush to a point I had to heal him with full-heal and my own attacks with a crappy copper naginata did bugger all so I resorted to throwing the useless weapon at one of the worgs to then do some punching and kicking along with gore attacks thanks to having horns. The other four of my companions were able to kill about two worgs, can't recall all that clearly though as I was busy aggroing the worgs and trying to keep my workers/companions alive.

As for the companions I brought to help me build consisted of a lost one criminal, qiraji swordsman, ghoul swordsman, tuskarr hammerman and a twilight cultist crossbowman. The most diverse set of companions I've ever had in a long while. I found them all in the draenei town of Pageglimmers. Had to part ways with them after the construction was complete so they could spread the rumor about me. Crafted all of the ischronite gear as mastercrafts through reactions in my hall so they would all register in the legends this time around (and they did, checked), gauntlets I had to create with dfhack as usual though.

This time I also crafted a large dagger for more mundane tasks along with ischronite two-handed broadsword for some serious carnage and an ischronitium whip for quick but heavy blunt damage, the latter is my standard issue secondary weapon. What I'm really interested to do next is to gather kills with that two-handed broadsword which I made into an artifact quality after I gave it a name; 'Rageblade' aka 'Egoruunolaar' in draenei.
And yeah, I said two-handed broadsword many times, it's my newest custom weapon which is about one quarter size of a two-handed sword larger. I imagine its blade being broader and only slightly longer while the handle and the pommel are thicker, heavier and sturdier. Unlike my one-edged drolth-sword the two-handed broadsword is double-edged, both swords are meant for a strong demigod.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:09:45 pm by Droggarth »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15170 on: June 12, 2018, 12:45:29 pm »

As it turns out, if you kill a dwarven soldier at their fort, they will send squads to attack you, even if you go into a dragon's cave. Unfortunately, or possibly fortunately, the dragon was not within eyesight, so I took car of the soldier with the help of my companions. Sadly, one of them became lethal. No idea why, he is a human from my hamlet, so maybe I accidently hit him instead.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15171 on: June 13, 2018, 06:06:40 pm »

I saved a kid from a zombie attack a few days ago, then returned to the town and asked her about her family. Apparently one of her nephews was killed in the interim... by me, apparently. Small world, isn't it.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15172 on: June 13, 2018, 06:18:47 pm »

Continuing onward after another (short) break, I've come across an unusual camp filled mostly with ghoul wrestler corpses:

Only a few of them there have names but none of them show up with ñ tile icons other than what's is in the image so I'm not sure what is going on exactly just yet. That aside this is just the kind of thing I've been hoping to come across. What makes this camp special for me is that I've never come across a camp that has so many hostile npcs in it (until now). There's about over 30 ghoul corpses there all in the picture.
Fortunately none of them pose a mortal danger to my ischronite armored adventuress and that suits me fine because hacking foes into gory pieces is in a word.. joy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:25:21 pm by Droggarth »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15173 on: June 15, 2018, 03:10:46 pm »

Oh man i remember a few years ago there was a bug that would allow bandit camps to contain hundreds and sometimes thousands of bandits. So many bandits. And i got my ass kicked by the same guy like four times, i absolutely could not beat him. Legendary adventurers with a dozen companions, all dead. Because somehow bandits started with awesome skills or something, on top of outnumbering you 3 to 1
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:15:52 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15174 on: June 16, 2018, 03:21:20 am »

Oh man i remember a few years ago there was a bug that would allow bandit camps to contain hundreds and sometimes thousands of bandits. So many bandits. And i got my ass kicked by the same guy like four times, i absolutely could not beat him. Legendary adventurers with a dozen companions, all dead. Because somehow bandits started with awesome skills or something, on top of outnumbering you 3 to 1
I read this in the context of that bug with duplicate entities.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 06:31:36 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15175 on: June 18, 2018, 10:24:56 pm »

I read this in the context of that bug with duplicate entities.

So I'm not the only one who has a bug like that. Good to know.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15176 on: June 19, 2018, 01:49:23 pm »

Actually i think he means a much older bug, where talking to a guy/killing them and leaving the site would make that npc a historical figure and remove them from the population pool of the site. The site would then create a new npc to replace them, generating from the same seed. So the new npc would be an exact duplicate, name attributes proffession and everything, of the npc you talked to or killed. It was literally impossible to depopulate any civilized site because of this, and if you kept talking to them and letting them live, they would keep piling up. Youd have dozens of clones of the same guy at the site.

In the Museum adventurer succession world game, there was a kobold spearwoman  in the dungeons under the keep where the museum was, whom players would go down and kill. Over and over and over for over 60-80 years in game time. But she never stopped respawning, so we never stopped killing her.

The new bug is something like "if you recruit a companion, leave and return to the location you recruited them from, there will be two identical npcs following you one atop the other, both doing the same things" which although i think can cause crashes under specific circumstances, doesnt mean that having two npcs is going to be permanent and doesnt seem to stack up on top of itself indefinitely. So its only half as annoying.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:28:30 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15177 on: June 19, 2018, 02:02:48 pm »

I've had that happen as well. He respawned with the same loadout and everything - I've not seen it happen since, admittedly.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15178 on: June 19, 2018, 02:47:09 pm »

Yeah, you could file a bug report/upload the save to one if you catch it in the act.
In my own recent frustrations, ive been trying to force lords to pay homage to my entity, and have had zero luck. I can beat the everloving crap out of them to no avail. Nobody will submit. At all.

My dreams of ruling the world have been dashed by the stubbornness of the nobility.
Ive killed like 5 different lords and a couple hearthpersons in my attempts. Thankfully i havent been leaving witnesses to any of the deaths so nobody sees me as a murderer.
I make Spellcrafts!

Ronnoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15179 on: June 19, 2018, 10:38:35 pm »

My companion has had a fake identity the entire time. Something seemed a little off and some digging in Legends Viewer confirmed my suspicions. Is there any way to expose her identity to others or to confront her about it?
Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 1103