Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994755 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15285 on: August 30, 2018, 08:16:56 pm »

On a related note: Bone carving and butchery are real cash cows. That giant crocodile I killed out of the starting gate yielded enough meat to feed the city for month, and there were enough giant saltwater crocodile bone figurines commemorating the event at the end of it clean out two bone carver's shops. The hardest part of it all was lugging it away to someone who would actually buy it. Good thing there was a bone carver and food imports right next door.
Once I sold everything off I had enough dosh to buy a full suit of armor, with enough left over to afford that 100/night room for a week or two. I refuse on principle, but I could. The best part is there's supposed three other salties terrorizing the city, so if I don't get eaten or die of old age trying to haul the spoils away I stand to be the richest guy in the world.
I see you've never looted a large bandit camp before. If you can find a camp with hundreds of bandits, which is possible, they'll have a fuckhueg stack of loot. I've seen multiple stacks of 30k copper coins. It's nuts.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15286 on: August 31, 2018, 03:34:52 pm »

I see you've never looted a large bandit camp before. If you can find a camp with hundreds of bandits, which is possible, they'll have a fuckhueg stack of loot. I've seen multiple stacks of 30k copper coins. It's nuts.

Now that you mention bandits, I realize I haven't seen them actually do anything in awhile. I've taken to increasing the number a bandits entities produce, even giving dwarves and elves bandits, but they still fail to do anything worthwhile. I haven't even encountered them doing their job, that is beating up helpless peasants and taking their stuff, since the days v44 first dropped. They just huddle around their camps and wait for someone to go kill them. Occasionally I'll catch a patrol or two in the immediate surroundings, but that's about it.
The wealth they horde has been equally disappointing. I've never really bothered to estimate the wealth of a bandit camp, but I can tell you I see a lot of empty containers and not a lot worth taking. You'll get food, barely enough low-end armor to cover a single body, a few pouches of coins, and not much else. At the very least it's a small enough haul that one guy can carry it away in go. I wouldn't call any of the camps I've torn up in recent memory large either. My bandits are actually managing to suck worse than Skyrim's mook brigade, and that's no small feat.

If I had to guess, it could be a result of me generating worlds with too many beasts and/or too much savagery. I don't think it's normal for major cities to have THAT many giant animals terrorizing it, and I know kobold civilizations have been consistently wiped out by megabeasts. I can have the game generate over 50 kobold civs and not one of them survives world gen these days. Rocs in particular seem to have a something against the little buggers, as when a kobold civilization dies out, it's usually because an excessively big bird has rampaged through their cave for the 20th time. Given difference in size, it could just be that rocs see them as birdseed that mildly objects to its fate as a meal.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15287 on: August 31, 2018, 08:09:20 pm »

I suspect bandits will be a bit more active by the end of the current villain arc.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15288 on: September 01, 2018, 07:24:47 pm »

One can certainly hope so. If anything there will at least be other losers to mess with.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: September 01, 2018, 11:37:12 pm »

I was hunting for an army that was marching towards one of about a dozen elf tree sites in the middle of nowhere. It was something to do. I found eight doofuses in a couple of tents, and I assumed they were the "army." After I beat them up, I found this book laying on the ground. Then there were some more books. A whole field strewn with books. Books up in trees. Books on hills. Not like a library, where every square has half a dozen books stacked up, but just one here and one there. I check the map and there's a cave nearby, which of course I go explore. Inside: books, and two giant moles.

That's it. Books and giant moles. I was hoping for a bibliophile cave titan or something, and I get two moles who don't even fight back.

Of course, there's also an entrance to a cavern, which I'm not exploring for any sum. 9 of 10 of my adventurers die because I get them underground and get bored before I remember how to get back to the surface.

Disappointed, I left the cave and the mysterious field of books. The only book I thought worth keeping was "The Book of Ignorance." I guess it wasn't a total waste of time.
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15290 on: September 02, 2018, 02:04:36 am »

in dfhack news, well finally can float around as a ghost in adventure mode now, through heavy searching of flying mechanics and stumbling upon them through the unit's enemy section.
in more dfhack news the ability to toggle fly mode means flying elephantmen dive attacking folks
then I went and did this
chain a bunch of wagons to each other with a drag script then used a mount script to slap on some locals on the backs of some of the wagon chain and moved around.

edit :
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 02:43:43 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Zephyr

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FORUM_LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: September 03, 2018, 01:40:34 am »

chain a bunch of wagons to each other with a drag script then used a mount script to slap on some locals on the backs of some of the wagon chain and moved around.
This hurts my brain in the best kind of way. Can you run people over with your magical flying dorf wagon?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: September 03, 2018, 02:20:37 am »

This hurts my brain in the best kind of way. Can you run people over with your magical flying dorf wagon?
No, wagons are intangible.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: September 03, 2018, 07:57:52 pm »

No, wagons are intangible.
well by run people over you mean do slam based attacks then yes, will it keep the drag chain going, no, also kinda saved the game in the middle of the air before learning the script to keeping them in the air is removed, so uhh on reload that skydragon gonna fall.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: September 05, 2018, 10:07:26 am »

Wagons are the forbidden magic. You have touched upon things that no mortal should attempt.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: September 05, 2018, 10:28:32 am »

You must be careful with the wagons. Once you dine on the delicious wagon meat, you must be careful that the delicious wagon meat does not dine on you.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15296 on: September 05, 2018, 05:19:02 pm »

Its okay, if you're already stark raving mad the wagons will ignore you despite your transgressions.

I've encountered a "three year old" child, whose younger brother was struck down in the year 250. It is 301. Yeah, clearly hasn't developed any sense of cunning or skill as a liar in their decades as a vampire.
I also killed three werebeasts; two weresnails and a werewolf. My spearman companion lost his manhood to the werewolf, and then his life to a horse I decided to chop up for leather. to be fair, it was an unusually vicious horse even after losing several limbs.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:50:28 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #15297 on: September 05, 2018, 08:19:58 pm »

My spearman companion lost his manhood to the werewolf

"Don"t worry ! I'tll grow back !"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15298 on: September 05, 2018, 08:35:32 pm »

If he had survived that long, then it may have.

Anyway, I keep making myself new backpacks. But every time I do, i get caught in bursts of boiling blood from all the shit I kill for a while, and the backpack disintegrates. I guess I need to kill a fire imp or something to make a fireproof backpack. Strangely my clothes seem to be fine, and they're just made of horse leather. I dont understand it.
I make Spellcrafts!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #15299 on: September 06, 2018, 03:40:39 pm »

WHERE ARE THE WAGONS
I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT WITHIN THE WAGONS LIES THE HEART OF ARMOK! SECRET TO REACHING MORTAL GODHOOD!
All we need is 20 bricks of pure adamantine, 3 artefact statues, a statue depicting itself, a spoonful of honey badger blood, the blood of every single elf in existance, mixed into a cocktail of juice with the entrails of 200 Clowns, a book of necromancy, the bpdy of a carp killed by a Dwarf peasant, and a few chickens.
Arrange the adamantine bricks in a wall around the wagon, so no-one can see the secrets of the universe, and so that the secrets are endlessly bounced around this space with the shining mirrors of adamantine, etc. etc., then take the three artefact statues, and arrange them in a square with the statue of itself making one corner. Anoint the self referential statue with the honey badger blood. Take the elf demon blood organ cocktail, and pour it over the wagon. Read the book containing the secrets of life and death, then cover it in blood cocktail, and theow it in the general direction of the wagon. Tale the carp body, murder the chickens, and cover them both in each other. Cover the wagon with it. Recite a long and prayer to Armok, self orchestrated, regarding the futility of life, and the meaningless of existance, and how one day the gods shall face punishment for their sins, then serve with noodles.
Reveal the secrets of existance.
Nope, not enough chicken blood. Nevermind.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1103